Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b

Go down 
+8
Relict?
Nymph~
fggt
FireKiller87
ShittyWok
ziix
donggyu
Tuskin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b Empty
PostSubject: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Tuskin's UC Survival Guide: The Mercenaries

-Why did I wrote this guide?
Many guides focus heavily on the "combat" aspect of the game, but there's only a handful of references for the progression of your account and the utilization of your resources. I decided to do a somewhat quick summary of the most useful details beyond that of fighting in the Arena, Quest or Mission modes.

-RT or not RT?
Cosmic Break has 2 different currency systems: UC and RT.
[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b RRYcL

UC is the common currency. You will use it to pay tune ups, buy bits, UC robots, UC Garapon and other useful features. It's also used for the Bazaar where you can buy things that you are otherwise unable to obtain (like event rewards -flags, joints or event special versions of robots-) even with RT.

The root of all evil, the seed of despair, blah blah blah. That's our "Root" (or RT), the important part of the in game currency system and main source of income of Cosmic Break. With RT you can obtain many things that will either require luck, perseverance, time or events in just an instant via CASH SHOP. If you roll garapon you will eventually obtain Star Coins. These tokens hold a relatively limited use, but you can buy slot protectors and other goodies with them.
But not everybody wants (or can) spend real life cash or time doing promotions just for some items, characters or chances of getting something.

-How to obtain RT?

CS vs Heroes!: The next maintenance after the Cyberstep vs Heroes event will unlock the UC->RT conversion for the whole month as long as the players manage to defeat the Game Masters. You can get up to 50 rt and usually they give you a 30% discount for a limited time.
[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b QDBYL

-Events: Most noteworthy events are the Attendance Campaign, challenges (Play "insert game mode here" and meet the requirements before a certain date) and beta testing (Cosmic Commander, C21, etc). Of course you can also get other items like [Ro] Cubes, Slot Protectors and Harmonics.

-Offers: Those offers can range from downloading a program to subscribe for something. There's a lot of variety but there's also the chance you don't get any credit from them and other problems (including malware, spam or a limited number of rewards per offer).
[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b IiZb1

-Other: There's also the chance of obtaining RT with lotto cubes and the UC Garapon. The chance is very low so don't count on it!

-How to obtain UC?

-Arcantus: Using a planned route to get the treasures will get you thousands of UC in a relatively short time every week.

-Bazaar: Selling items wanted by other players (tune materials, event rewards, rare UC bots and weapons) is a fast way to get a lot of UC. Buy low and sell high!

-Arena: Your main source of income and probably one of the reasons of so many match jumpers (people joining at the ending of an arena match). The better score you get the more UC you will earn. Use tickets when your favorite maps come to play it safe.
Spoiler:

-Events: Sometimes the UC rates will be boosted by (usually) a factor of x2 or x3. This happens during holidays (summer and winter vacations, etc). These dates are based on United States holidays so look forward more specific days like Thanksgiving or Christmas. (thanks, ShittyWok)

Also, if a "situation" happens (unexpected server crashes, confirmed login errors...) Cyberstep will raise the rates for a couple of days.

-Rank up: You can obtain UC as part of the rewards for leveling your rank up.

Spoiler:

There isn't much of interest, but you can get a [RO] cube for rank 28 (aka Jewstar), 32 and 36 (Crown) and not-so-rare weapons and materials.

-If you are in a hurry you can sell spare accessories and bits. You can get several thousands of UC if you do a monthly "purge".
Spoiler:

-What to do with your UC?:
-Shop: You can spend your hard earned cash on new robots, parts, weapons, the UC gara or items like 10% cosmos, seraph promotions and more.
And what's "actually good" for UC players? It's up to your playing style but there are some popular choices depending on many factors. Is the robot good for its parts or its core (Body)? Is this weapon worthy? Do I need these bits?. Here's a small list of popular things available for UC. This is just an example of what you can find useful in the shop.

Bits: Slayers, Rifle, Blaster (Bastagant), Spikes, Missile...
Weapons: Mini bazooka, beam rifle, plasma gun, wide beam gun, viper shield...
Robots (and its parts): Crimrose, Lily Rain, Lazflamme (her legs are great!), Jikuns, Accel Saber GP, Destructors, Shino Exroad, Izuna Kamui Nagi, Tesladonna, Victory 1, Hoverion...
Robot parts: Tengu BS; Mach Knight parts; Sword Wing BS; Jaguar Arm LG and BS...
Items: Seraph Promotions, 10% Cosmos, Lv 5 and Lv 8 limit removers.

-UC Garapon: There's a lot of interesting stuff here, like slotted accesories or parts. You can get rare items like weapons (Handy bazookas, ballistas, ballistic, stardust cannon), robots (Nicole Malice, Tonosama Lander, Neon neos), Repair Bits, Propelers, Dual Slayer Bits, 3 slotted shields and even small RT charges.

-Tune ups (modifications):
Your materials are very limited. You can't spend rt on those +30% chances or protectors. You can't recover those broken slots. Your best bet is to tune UC parts and weapons and save any protectors you get on any type of rt part you get your hands on, specially if the tune up is important (like slow, revenge tunes, capacity, etc). I recommend "High" tune ups (for example High Boost Beta), Force, Great Force and (very important!) Great Rapid Beta and Grapplers. And of course, feel free to experiment on those robots with fixed parts (most humanoid female robots like the fangirls allow you to do this).

Spoiler:

Where to get materials? Use the Crimrose exchange for those things you really don't need. Save your chips, and get lots of Fudara Cosmos. Do Bastagant runs and you will get many chips in a few runs. Arena can give you other materials, like rapid crystals or meteorites.
[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b IKrwl
Spoiler:

-Lotto Cubes and beyond:
Eventually you will get cubes. They come in many flavors and colors but the most interesting ones are Lotto Cubes. These cubes can contain almost everything the game has to offer in some way. Regular lotto cubes can usually give you in the best cases 1 or 2 slotted weapons, UC robots with 2 or 3 slotted parts and RT robots with 0 or 1 slots. Challenge Cubes BETA require you to finish 10 arena matches (But NOT to be there from the start. This is probably THE main cause of match jumpers) and ALPHA cubes require 30 matches. The best rewards improve drastically (Cubes are the only way to get robots with 3 slotted parts other than gara), but you can also get the same things a regular cube can give you (1 tune up material or a bit most of the time).

[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b R5IEs
There are other cubes, like the Item Cubes. These can give you random items, including other cubes (Like Robot or Weapon cubes), Slot Protectors or Premium Packs, but there's also the risk of getting only tune materials too...

However you have to clear a condition in order to open most cubes. Other than arena matches those conditions may include things like "Gain a determined amount of rank points" or "Login for a certain number of days before a deadline".

Finally, you have to keep in mind those cubes can gain or lose potential over time. Any "random" cube (Ro, Lotto, It, etc) will become more valuable as more robots, weapons or items get into the "library". Other cubes like Login will lose their best rewards on purpose.

-Mates and Dispatch Missions: Mates are the closest thing Cosmic Break has to the typical "Questgiver" NPC. You can always check the garage to see how are you doing and what you need to do. On the other hand the quests are always the same and the rewards are random. (Thanks, tggt)

Spoiler:

Mission discs will appear in your reward lists sometimes. These discs usually contain 3 or less requests from several characters of the Cosmic Break universe and will include a brief description, several hints, the "entry fee" (Dispatch Points AND time required) and the rewards (Dispatch Points and the rarity of the items you can obtain). The hints determine the parameters of your team in order to get the maximum % of success (Keep in mind it's not always 20% per robot). Aborting the mission will not refund the dispatch points spent on it so think carefully before sending a robot you actually use.

Spoiler:

Well, that's all for now. Mind if you give me some feedback?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tuskin on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:02 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Thanks for your help, Relict!)
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 5:17 pm

Nothing to say...It's hard to since I thought of a lot of this as self-explanatory
Good job anyways!
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Well, yeah. I made this thinking about people who just started to play so they can keep their stuff smooth.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:36 pm

If I were a new player, I know I'd be looking back at this again and again.

(b;_;)b
Back to top Go down
ShittyWok
ShittyWok

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 pm

You should probably mention the tickets and the support pass especially during events that give x3 exp (such as this month's Christmas event) and etc. But otherwise, it's amazing so continue your hardwork!
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Idk if you're looking for somebody to critique your language use, but to me the guide's really easy to use and quite self-explanatory.

Nice handiwork.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:23 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Idk if you're looking for somebody to critique your language use.

Well, english is not my native language so I always pull dem typos somewhere and it would be nice if you guys point them out.
Back to top Go down
ShittyWok
ShittyWok

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 9:54 pm

Missed a "d" in rewards
"(like event rewars -flags, joints or event special versions of robots-) even with RT."

You have a couple of grammar problems but those can be overlooked.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Packet mission also give u lots of good stuff, u can do it once per day.
Spoiler:

Nice guide btw.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 1:28 am

I always got 30% ticket from her :/
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 4:11 am

Wondrous guide! I tried proofreading and tried fixing a few things. Edits are in red. I took out some things in my post, like several pictures and captions, I think, but that's only because they had spoiler tags and were messing with this spoiler tag below. Keep the pictures! Pictures are good!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:18 am

Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Kurata
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:30 am

Spoiler:

I think I survived pretty well with UC up till now. also, fuck UC, it's just suffering. that's from around june, btw.
Back to top Go down
Aurao
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aurao

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:43 am

Nice UC guide for new players, good job! Smile

tggt wrote:
Packet mission also give u lots of good stuff, u can do it once per day.
Spoiler:

Yeay, to bad Icy wont give you proto cosmos a second time :v
Back to top Go down
http://about.me/aurao
BerryCritz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BerryCritz

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 7:43 am

SUGOI!
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:04 am

Added 2 small tips.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 am

UC Mercenary? Nice name. #em3
Back to top Go down
ShittyWok
ShittyWok

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:50 am

What? Whut did I do to be mentioned in this amazing guide?!?! Razz

Oh and another tip (for desperate people and/or love-to-grind people): Right before a x2/x3 EXP event make a new alt. Level that alt to level 12 without buying new robots/parts in that alt to conserve the UC. Wait for the next bazaar and transfer anything useful to main provided that you have an extra computer to do this.

Don't know if this is allowed on forums though :O
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 1:42 am

ShittyWok wrote:

Oh and another tip (for desperate people and/or love-to-grind people): Right before a x2/x3 EXP event make a new alt. Level that alt to level 12 without buying new robots/parts in that alt to conserve the UC. Wait for the next bazaar and transfer anything useful to main provided that you have an extra computer to do this.

You mean UC multiplier? 'cause I don't remember rank points being multiplied. A leveling alts for the bazaar is a pain...

Also, the only profit that you can actually get by doing that, is by using the beginner ticket thing, since it will had more multipliers.
There's actually a good reason to make alts, but I'm not saying it. (and I don't even know if CS will do that event again since we have the bazaar now.)
Back to top Go down
ShittyWok
ShittyWok

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:29 am

Well during the Christmas event. The exp in arena was multiplied by 2. That meant both the robots' exp and user exp. Correct me if I'm wrong :O. And yeah using the beginner pass is awsumsauce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:40 am

Power leveling your bots is easy during multiplier events. You just have to use multiplier tickets during these events and your EXP gain from quests will increase substantially.

The hardest bot to level is Ouka and I've managed to get from level 9 to level 10 in just two hours rather than two months.

UC gain can also be increased substantially, use the multiplier tickets during the event and spam PVP. iirc, You can easily make around 40k or more an hour.

Oh if you use a beginner pass, and an x3 ticket during an x3 multiplier event, you get...

3*3*2 = x18
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:47 am

LXE wrote:
UC Mercenary? Nice name. [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b 816628317

[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b DrbIL

ShittyWok wrote:

Oh
and another tip (for desperate people and/or love-to-grind people):
Right before a x2/x3 EXP event make a new alt. Level that alt to level
12 without buying new robots/parts in that alt to conserve the UC. Wait
for the next bazaar and transfer anything useful to main provided that
you have an extra computer to do this.

There's no botting or actual cheating involved, so I think it's fine.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:54 am

ShittyWok wrote:
Well during the Christmas event. The exp in arena was multiplied by 2. That meant both the robots' exp and user exp. Correct me if I'm wrong :O. And yeah using the beginner pass is awsumsauce.

Rank pts cant be multiplied no matter what(except once in JP iirc).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b   [General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b Empty

Back to top Go down

[General] The UC Survival Guide 0.02b
Page 1 of 1