Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)

Go down 
+2
paladin7378
reVelske
6 posters
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) Empty
PostSubject: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Has anyone experienced or are aware of any particular issue with Cosmic Break on Windows 10? Game was working for me few months ago prior to the stuck update issue, some time after that, my CB does nothing when I click "Start Game" on the launcher (the launcher closes itself still), as if cosmic.exe is immediately closing itself, creating a -launch shortcut does the same thing too. A fresh installation of CB simply has the "Start Game" or "Safe Mode" buttons not functioning at all upon click, it doesn't even close the launcher.
Back to top Go down
paladin7378
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Nothing to do with Windows.

Anyways, I had this problem as well a month ago.

The fix was to uninstall and download a full client.

Now, your new client will work, BUT don't change the settings. One of the settings makes it so that the game auto close when launch (the problem you are having now.)

I haven't figured out which settings it is yet but I think it was setting the memory size to XL.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 6:39 pm

its Thread Optimize if u uncheck it it fcks your client, I did it b4 regretted it so much ; w ; had to delete the setting file ; w ;
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 7:01 pm

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t14959-possible-solutions-for-startup-crashes#372208

Pretty much followed the instructions and the issue was fixed, specifically, the options.ser part. Something in my old options must've toggled something that kept the exe from running, after using the fix options.ser provided, everything worked even after I've re-replaced the options.ser with what I had.
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 7:28 pm

i have had friends whose games wouldn't run without anti-aliasing on, so i had to send them my options, maybe that could help?
Back to top Go down
Shidokun
Denied Abbey
Denied Abbey

Male Posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2016 2:08 pm

I have that sometimes on my laptop which has win10 aswell. I just keep pressing on the shortcut for like 10x until that shet pops up. I have it on my taskbar lmao.
Back to top Go down
DiegoTheAurin
Newcomer
Newcomer
DiegoTheAurin

Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 2:46 pm

I don't have an options.ser
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)   cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10) Empty

Back to top Go down

cosmic.exe refuses to launch (Win10)
Page 1 of 1