Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Herro there

Go down 
+7
Zet_Nihilo
NeedCheeseCake
LazFlamme
Zwiebel Force
Hellshake Yano
SuperNova.pt
Blackriverlotus
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackriverlotus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:46 am

So I just came back to this game a few days ago, and now I have zero idea how anything works anymore. Could anyone point me in the direction of anything that could help me?

Also...just to help me remember how far back I was gone, last thing I remember that was just released was lily rain eve so how long ago was that?
Back to top Go down
SuperNova.pt
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SuperNova.pt

Male Posts : 624

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 4:30 am

Lily rain eve? 5 years ago maybe.... not sure
Back to top Go down
Hellshake Yano
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Hellshake Yano

Male Posts : 662

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:05 am

Welcome ask me anything Wink
Back to top Go down
Blackriverlotus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:21 am

Welp I've been gone forever then...

so...what are these drive boosts and such, also how do people make uc in this game again o-o
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:58 am

Welcome back #em3 #em3

Drive: by equipping these you unlock a secondary pool of level-up abilities (cartridges). They come in three flavors: boost (mainly augments flight time and it's recovery), sword (adds special effects to melee attacks) and armor (adds to your units survivability). There's a guide for them. You can check the available cartridges before equipping them to any bot. Be aware that you can not gain "normal" levels, once you equipped a drive. You can still reset your cartridges and use custom dashes (air loop etc) though.

UC is won in arena, missions and quests. You can fulfill treasure collections (Arcantus) in quests to gain a UC reward, these quests reset every week, along with the maps in Arcantus mode.

We also got "core tunes" which add special effects to your bots (longer Wonder Bit duration, ammo regain when stunned, etc). You can check and apply them in the cosmos capsule. Unlike other tunes these will always succeed, but have a chance to be a "Great Success", meaning that the effect is even better.

Generally, we've got a lot of new stuff since LRE.
Repair Bits are dead: healers will now use "weapons" to regenerate ally HP whenever they want.

People will hardly use LND gunners anymore.

Almost everything uses aphastrikes now (one of the core tunes allows you to shoot for a longer time).

Expect homing bullets everywhere.

Most bots will use a debuff or two.

We can now receive more buffs at once.

We got moefied versions of Fractulus and Berzelius, the latter is an ART unit who can extend her fly time.

Melee is way safer to use now, most of the attacks are good enough to chase your targets even if they are flying.

Some of the ranged subweapons will now feature melee-type attacks, meaning that they will always stun (Lumiera is famous for that).

Some bots have special wonderbits that are connected to a subweapon.

Sometimes these bits are on demand AURA functions.

Sometimes it is a lockon-subweapon that will cause the bits (or parts of them) to follow the target ("Pursuit Bits").
The charakter Rouche will install a "Barrier Bit" that generates a huge energy field to bock projectiles.
Lumiera and Medi Aide ANGEL will install a shield, very much like the Barrier Field item, these bits will also buff allies (Lumiera gives long range) and debuff enemies (Lumiera's shield gives Slow turn, or Powerless, Medi Aide's cause shock)
And then there is Chloe Pepperomia whose "phantom floor" is a hovering platform that buffs allies and can't be damaged by ranged attacks.

New tunes were added and one or two got changed to be more useful.
Eternal used to be a 50 cost tune that prevents the part from breaking, now it is 25 cost and adds 15 HP along the unbreakable effect.

Revenge tunes are special effects that are randomly triggered, when the unit gets stunned. Hypershot is hardly ever use, Clearance cancels debuff effects, Crimson Veil makes you ignore additional stuns. All of the revenge tunes will also activate All Guard.

EX tunes are like normal status tunes, but also add HP. Their success rate is way lower, they take more UC (a LOT more) and you need special tuning materials known as "elements" to do them.
Expect the average player to have somewhere between 500 and 700 HP. Some people run builds with even more (1000 HP is possible).

The black-haired girl from Lily Rain's vision got released as a playable unit, her name's Eve.
A new type was added: ZERO types may chose between two different cartridge pools and then gain 12 levels. Their built in attacks are dependent on their special cartridges though, so it's more or less the same as having 10 levels. Eris and Resha were the first units to have this type. In battle they will act like a different type though: Eris and Resha a both marked as "LND" types (beam weakness and LND mobility), but we also got AIRs (Eve and Alcy Rivette), SUPs (Eris and Resha in waitress attire) and even an ART (Kougetsu Kagura). There're some more ZERO types.

Some units will use a "mark-shot", if an enemy gets hit by them, a different weapon of the same unit will become more effective (Alcy Rivette and Vanessa Batros will use their markshots to gain a buff with their other weapons, Rosso Aspide can use his to steal boost time with his core weapon, etc).

We got more male charakters than Jikun Hu now, but they're still a rare sight (Eve's friend Jace, Dracken and Lios' humanoid versions and the henshin hero Leon aka Astralyzer).
Emote animations were added: press the asigned button and then one of the number keys.
Some charakters are "Extra Origin" versions and get additional animations.
Many charakters will now talk during their attacks, even is they're using a mainweapon.

We often get delight tickets now: they can be used to roll "Delight Garapons", normally there's one with older units and one that is a copy of the feature garapon, the latter takes more delight tickets per roll though. Note that you have to pay the full price for 5x rolls in the delight versions.

Sometimes we're having events in which you can collect special cards based on your score-ranking. The prizes will include stuff like Slot Protectors, or even Deluxe Coins which can be exchanged for bots.

Every month one can buy up to 50 Rt with UC now. The first 10 will be 700 UC each, then 1400 UC, then 2100 UC and so on. You can find the UC>Rt "item" in the item section of the shop. Drive items will reset in the same manner.

Mmh...I think I forgot some stuff, but oh well. I'm an incompetent scrublord anyway~ #em3
Back to top Go down
Hellshake Yano
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Hellshake Yano

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:11 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Welcome back #em3 #em3

Drive: by equipping these you unlock a secondary pool of level-up abilities (cartridges). They come in three flavors: boost (mainly augments flight time and it's recovery), sword (adds special effects to melee attacks) and armor (adds to your units survivability). There's a guide for them. You can check the available cartridges before equipping them to any bot. Be aware that you can not gain "normal" levels, once you equipped a drive. You can still reset your cartridges and use custom dashes (air loop etc) though.

UC is won in arena, missions and quests. You can fulfill treasure collections (Arcantus) in quests to gain a UC reward, these quests reset every week, along with the maps in Arcantus mode.

We also got "core tunes" which add special effects to your bots (longer Wonder Bit duration, ammo regain when stunned, etc). You can check and apply them in the cosmos capsule. Unlike other tunes these will always succeed, but have a chance to be a "Great Success", meaning that the effect is even better.

Generally, we've got a lot of new stuff since LRE.
Repair Bits are dead: healers will now use "weapons" to regenerate ally HP whenever they want.

People will hardly use LND gunners anymore.

Almost everything uses aphastrikes now (one of the core tunes allows you to shoot for a longer time).

Expect homing bullets everywhere.

Most bots will use a debuff or two.

We can now receive more buffs at once.

We got moefied versions of Fractulus and Berzelius, the latter is an ART unit who can extend her fly time.

Melee is way safer to use now, most of the attacks are good enough to chase your targets even if they are flying.

Some of the ranged subweapons will now feature melee-type attacks, meaning that they will always stun (Lumiera is famous for that).

Some bots have special wonderbits that are connected to a subweapon.

Sometimes these bits are on demand AURA functions.

Sometimes it is a lockon-subweapon that will cause the bits (or parts of them) to follow the target ("Pursuit Bits").
The charakter Rouche will install a "Barrier Bit" that generates a huge energy field to bock projectiles.
Lumiera and Medi Aide ANGEL will install a shield, very much like the Barrier Field item, these bits will also buff allies (Lumiera gives long range) and debuff enemies (Lumiera's shield gives Slow turn, or Powerless, Medi Aide's cause shock)
And then there is Chloe Pepperomia whose "phantom floor" is a hovering platform that buffs allies and can't be damaged by ranged attacks.

New tunes were added and one or two got changed to be more useful.
Eternal used to be a 50 cost tune that prevents the part from breaking, now it is 25 cost and adds 15 HP along the unbreakable effect.

Revenge tunes are special effects that are randomly triggered, when the unit gets stunned. Hypershot is hardly ever use, Clearance cancels debuff effects, Crimson Veil makes you ignore additional stuns. All of the revenge tunes will also activate All Guard.

EX tunes are like normal status tunes, but also add HP. Their success rate is way lower, they take more UC (a LOT more) and you need special tuning materials known as "elements" to do them.
Expect the average player to have somewhere between 500 and 700 HP. Some people run builds with even more (1000 HP is possible).

The black-haired girl from Lily Rain's vision got released as a playable unit, her name's Eve.
A new type was added: ZERO types may chose between two different cartridge pools and then gain 12 levels. Their built in attacks are dependent on their special cartridges though, so it's more or less the same as having 10 levels. Eris and Resha were the first units to have this type. In battle they will act like a different type though: Eris and Resha a both marked as "LND" types (beam weakness and LND mobility), but we also got AIRs (Eve and Alcy Rivette), SUPs (Eris and Resha in waitress attire) and even an ART (Kougetsu Kagura). There're some more ZERO types.

Some units will use a "mark-shot", if an enemy gets hit by them, a different weapon of the same unit will become more effective (Alcy Rivette and Vanessa Batros will use their markshots to gain a buff with their other weapons, Rosso Aspide can use his to steal boost time with his core weapon, etc).

We got more male charakters than Jikun Hu now, but they're still a rare sight (Eve's friend Jace, Dracken and Lios' humanoid versions and the henshin hero Leon aka Astralyzer).
Emote animations were added: press the asigned button and then one of the number keys.
Some charakters are "Extra Origin" versions and get additional animations.
Many charakters will now talk during their attacks, even is they're using a mainweapon.

We often get delight tickets now: they can be used to roll "Delight Garapons", normally there's one with older units and one that is a copy of the feature garapon, the latter takes more delight tickets per roll though. Note that you have to pay the full price for 5x rolls in the delight versions.

Sometimes we're having events in which you can collect special cards based on your score-ranking. The prizes will include stuff like Slot Protectors, or even Deluxe Coins which can be exchanged for bots.

Every month one can buy up to 50 Rt with UC now. The first 10 will be 700 UC each, then 1400 UC, then 2100 UC and so on. You can find the UC>Rt "item" in the item section of the shop. Drive items will reset in the same manner.

Mmh...I think I forgot some stuff, but oh well. I'm an incompetent scrublord anyway~ #em3

Too long Too boring *sleeping* zzzz
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:29 am

Angry Icy Five years is a long time, okay?! I-It's not my fault if you keep playing this long!
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:30 am

And bikes, don't forget bikes.

Bikes: They run ridiculously fast and damages others by simply ramming into them, in addition with the usual melees and guns. They cannot turn quickly, although they can "drift" while running with the space button. Currently there are 5 bikes: gunner (Aleixa, Monica), melee (Kal, Abyss Jikun Hu) and the freebie Cannonballer DR (which is technically a 4WD Baller but functions somewhat similar as bikes).

Cannonballer DR cubes drop in the Cosmic GP Rally/Clash missions.
Back to top Go down
Hellshake Yano
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Hellshake Yano

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:39 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Angry Icy Five years is a long time, okay?! I-It's not my fault if you keep playing this long!

Baka -_-! *throw tomato at you*
Back to top Go down
SuperNova.pt
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SuperNova.pt

Male Posts : 624

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:52 am

that wall of text... my eyes
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot two important things!!!

We also got "snipers" now. Rinka Lynx (in the shop), started this, her shop variant is trash though. There's her vanilla gara version (okayish), the Blast Railgun version (better than vanilla) and her MR version who shoots a missile rain (from above, this is really good). Istina Bullet is doing this to, but her range makes it more risky to use.

Another important thing is to feel uneasy when somebody makes a long post, regardless of the content! NEVER ACCEPT A LONG POST, IT'S EVIL!!!
Back to top Go down
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
NeedCheeseCake

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:18 pm

don't forget the part where this game actually sucks yet we still play it
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:25 pm

NeedCheeseCake wrote:
don't forget the part where this game actually sucks yet we still play it
That's not new though. Razz
Back to top Go down
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
NeedCheeseCake

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:27 pm

still worth mentioning
Back to top Go down
Zet_Nihilo
Zet_Nihilo

Male Posts : 22

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Welcome back to that infuriating game. I'm jocking  Very Happy  anyway you can ask me for help . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shidokun
Denied Abbey
Denied Abbey

Male Posts : 994

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Don't forget that C$ merged the 3 channels into 1 to "reduce the budget spent on channels" reduce the lag.
Back to top Go down
Blackriverlotus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Lol yeah, I'm just going to mess around in this game while I'm not really doing anything so I'm probably going to get rekt most of the time if not all the time.

Any guides I should look at to just build bots that'd be generally okay for their type? Like for how much stats should be for small types since I'm probably going to be using the humanoid types I picked up from whatever free stuff they gave me.
Back to top Go down
NeedCheeseCake
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
NeedCheeseCake

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 pm

whats your ign? mine is Soundstorm and I dontm ind doing missions / quests with you since theyre easier than arena. plus I might need to level my 2nd eris drives so we can do haku for exp.
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:24 am

Blackriverlotus wrote:
Any guides I should look at to just build bots that'd be generally okay for their type? Like for how much stats should be for small types since I'm probably going to be using the humanoid types I picked up from whatever free stuff they gave me.

Garage screenshot?
Back to top Go down
Blackriverlotus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 9:23 am

My ign is Seraphsama if anyone wants to add me and don't mind me bothering them

Also probably mostly using the first row of my garage which looks like this

Herro there S1mbye
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 am

Now let's see...
Kagura: Not sure which path she has, but they say Melt traps are fun.
Illumis: Not the best missiles out there (shorter range and speed), but still decent enough to get the job done. At least, in my opinion.
Kururu: Melee with no weapon slots. Good luck with her.
Perse: Not really sure, but maybe you can try a FLY-based alpha build with her.
Ouka Dayu: Outdated melee gunner hybrid. Best used as gunner which is another outdated class.

Not really much to comment on about the others, but Misty makes a great gunner with the right weapons. Laz LG for extra BS slot for all LNDs.
Back to top Go down
Blackriverlotus
Newcomer
Newcomer

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Mind informing me what an Alpha build is? Since it's been 5 years I can't say I would remember much of anything if it existed before I was gone.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:50 pm

that school illumis she supposely has a better gun * cough * steelburn arm *
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:04 pm

A build that is built around "bursting", or "alphastriking". It's done by holding down M1 and M2 at the same time. Normally your unit can not move while doing this, but the moving burst (MB) cart allows you to move while alphastriking. The core tune "L. Moving Burst" will extend the timeframe for the MB cart (it ONLY works if you chose the MB cart), there're also core tunes that will apply a buff during the moving burst (Alpha Accel makes you faster, but it's a Lv. 4 tune and you can only have one of these, Guard Burst activates All Guard and is a level 3 tune). These kind of builds used to be rare because they came with a ot of drawbacks - almost all of these drawbacks were removed or toned down though Very Happy

Oh and School Illu has serious issues with close range combat.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
A build that is built around "bursting", or "alphastriking". It's done by holding down M1 and M2 at the same time. Normally your unit can not move while doing this, but the moving burst (MB) cart allows you to move while alphastriking. The core tune "L. Moving Burst" will extend the timeframe for the MB cart (it ONLY works if you chose the MB cart), there're also core tunes that will apply a buff during the moving burst (Alpha Accel makes you faster, but it's a Lv. 4 tune and you can only have one of these, Guard Burst activates All Guard and is a level 3 tune). These kind of builds used to be rare because they came with a ot of drawbacks - almost all of these drawbacks were removed or toned down though Very Happy

Oh and School Illu has serious issues with close range combat.

she shouldnt be in the ground to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Herro there Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herro there   Herro there Empty

Back to top Go down

Herro there
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next