Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[GAME] Guess Origin of Song

Go down 
+6
That_Wiesel_Guy
Hyoka
Shai
Zwiebel Force
TrieDaEsprit
reVelske
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

[GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 12:17 am

Urgh, Pretty Cure.

Funny enough, my first exposure to Pretty Cure theme (or rather, anything of Pretty Cure) was from this this old jap meme:

Alright, now listening to Pretty Cure theme, I just realized how similiar it is to a certain other anime's theme, this might be a bit obscure for most people, but here we go nonetheless.

Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:38 am

BUMPED, in case the anime one is too hard, here's an alternative, feel free to answer either one.

This is a 8bit rendition of an OST from a relatively well-known PS2 game.

Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 4:57 am

Feels like old time Japanese.......... With a mystical feel........
Ōkami?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 am

Yes, Ryoshima Plains from Okami.

Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:43 am

If you manage to get to 1:03 on the top one, 0:12 on the middle one or, 0:10 on the last one it's an ART TYPE MAX CAPA BOT BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A TOOTHPICK SIZED GEL-FILLED BALL THROWN BY A ZERO STR CHIBI BOT GIVEAWAY, it's so much a giveaway that I'm going to make sure it's hard as heck if you rely on the small bar like I do almost all the time

Top one, Indonesian

Middle one, Japanese

Last one, English
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:55 am

Dragon ball. The really old one with everyone as kids.

It makes me wonder how Tenshinhan doesn't age...

next one
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 5:00 pm

I feel some kind of martial arts-related things with all those muscle, yet the music sounds kinda like they belong in a James Bond movie, it's probably an anime where the main character studied some kind of martial art that can be used to kill anyone quickly, and preferably in one hit
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:48 am

Mind not actually looking at the strip? It's defeating the point of the game, it's not difficult to just ignore what's on there. This guessing origin of song, not guessing origin of a strip of image with the aid of music.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:42 am

well, I need all the clue I can get...
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 10:41 am

The problem is the main character is more known for killing people in a hundred, rather than one.

Also, the song in question isn't about the main character, if that helps any.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:36 pm

a mass murder martial art anime.........
Hokuto no Ken?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:31 am

Correct, Rei's theme.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm skipping
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 am

interesting game

Or if this anime is abit too recent

Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 am

Time's up! I'd like to think Symphogear is a bit too obscure, but *shrugs* I couldn't get past few couple eps of G, the whole singing your own theme song whilst fighting is a bit too jarring for my likings.

Either way, this seems like a decent idea, if you are posting something that may be rather obscure, post two just to give people more chance of answering something.

Anyhow, here goes. First one is likely too obscure for most people, I've so far only come across one person who knows of this particular game, it's actually mislabeled as Interstellar Contra for its chinese catridge, despite having nothing to do with Contra franchise, but they did that with S.C.A.T./Final Mission anyways (naming it Air Contra). I actually have the game's title as one of my bot's names... but I doubt that'd help anyone.

Next one is a GBA mix of an anime OP... should be relatively easy to guess.

Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 4:25 am

beccad's second one is from digimon adventures

The rest I have no idea
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:15 am

Not familiar with the 2nd/3rd gen video games at all. I don't even think I'm familiar with much of these 4th gen onward games either. (Not a big fan of console games)

One of my childhood memories:
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Chibi Maruko-Chan
I have this as my childhood too
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:16 am

All are from the same game, or series if you will, pick one!

Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:43 am

Wow the first track sounds really familiar, mut be an opening screen. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU IF ONLY I DIDN'T DO DRUGS, I WOULD REMEMBER IT! >_<
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:08 am

A wild uneducated guess would be Harvest Moon, I only played the GB/GBC ones and but between that obvious marriage theme and overall feel, I'd guess HM.

Or Animal Crossing? I don't think there's marriage in Animal Crossing though.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it doesn't sound anything like the HM1/2/3 on GB/GBC, I think it's actually from my memories of the few short hours I tried out SNES Harvest Moon.

And just to reveal the answers for my two previous unanswered entries, it's stage 1 theme of Journey to Silius for NES and opening theme of Martial Successor Nadesico:

Journey to Silius:
YOU GET TO BURNING:
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:18 pm

It is Harvest Moon, I took the music from the Back to Nature version, which is for the PS1, almost all the music are the same for all the games, that's why I said "from the same game, or series if you will"
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:58 pm

I'll skip, someone else can take a turn.

EDIT: Hold that thought, here's one, THOUGH, it's probably too obscure to anyone who isn't a hardcore shmup fan, so I don't expect any actual answers. Feel free to pretend this entry didn't exist and submit your own entry.

Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 pm

Wow here's a something I wouldn't mind joining in. Though I'm not that old but ill have a crack at it. Gg loved Martian successor op. ill submit one later when I'm not on my iPod.

@rev
Yeahhhh can't name that one.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:25 am

It's something from the first eras of games....... I think I heard it once when watching two people on YouTube, the channel was...... game....something, GameBag? GamePack? something like that.....

I can't name it though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[GAME] Guess Origin of Song
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next