Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[GAME] Guess Origin of Song

Go down 
+6
That_Wiesel_Guy
Hyoka
Shai
Zwiebel Force
TrieDaEsprit
reVelske
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

[GAME] Guess Origin of Song Empty
PostSubject: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:03 am

Simple game. Basically, post an embedded link to a song (without title/graphics), others must guess/figure out origin of the song (song title is not required).

Example youtube embed code:
Code:
<iframe width="500" height="25" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GtW-vyFro0k?rel=0&showinfo=0&autohide=0&modestbranding=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In order to link youtube video in such manner, simply retrieve the embed code from the actual youtube page, set height to 25 and add "&showinfo=0&autohide=0&modestbranding=1" at the end of the src. Use post preview if you are unsure of the process to make sure it's working as intended.

Give an entry at least a day to be answer, feel free to ask for hints, don't post another entry until the previous one has been answered or a day has passed. Only the person who gave the correct answer is permitted to make his/her entry unless a pass is given. If you are not 100% sure your answer is correct, wait for the last entrant to confirm your answer before posting the next entry.

Aim of the game is to bring people down the memory lane, remind them of the good ol' times they might've forgotten. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

First entry, starting off with something simple:

NOTE: Older video games and anime are by far the best sources to use, something that takes people down the memory lane. Do not link anything TOO obscure, if the source doesn't even have a wiki entry, it's probably too obscure for this. Also make sure it's actually a song that has some prominence in the source, nobody is gonna figure out a short track that was played once in a 100+ eps long anime series.

Obviously people CAN still right click youtube control to go to the youtube URL, but obviously that defeats the point of the game and you are only cheating yourself for no good purpose.

Understandably the youtube control bar is semi-transparent, but the small strip shouldn't be a dead giveaway, or at least, make sure it isn't before you link them. If the background is an issue, you can reduce the height even further.

Last edited by reVelske on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:01 am

Contra? I can see the C of it behind the bar
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:03 am

I don't imagine you figured it out solely on that tiny strip? But yes, Contra, final stage theme.

Too bad they made the control bar transparent, but I guess it serves as a good hint when it isn't a blatant one, here's hoping people don't crutch off it with the guesses.

Now go ahead and take a crack at it, let's keep it going.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:10 am

I'm surprised myself, that C and that hair is what I can remember from the title screen of Contra, anyway, before I make the question, I have two question, one is that if remixes are allowed, and the other is if instrumentals are allowed.
And as a quick note, I grew up without anything except a ps1, wii, and ps2 (never saw consoles other than that in physical form), so my answers after this might get a little hairy...
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:17 am

Really depends on how much they deviate from the source. If it's something you can call a complete "reimagine" of the song, then PROBABLY no, if it's almost a carbon copy with a different instrument/sound mapper/etc, then definitely yes.

Keep in mind, the idea is to be able to actually bring people down the memory lane in some way, if you think it works for that purpose, go ahead, I'll leave it to the entrants' discretion.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 10:29 am

The remade version, on a side note, it is also extended

It was originally this, this one is the one that's just the usual
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:47 am

Nobody else cares to join in? Pity. Not even feedback/criticism?
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 am

Actually, where IS everyone? the only thread that's being updated lately is the counting game...
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:21 am

I was hoping people would show a little more interest in a new forum game that let's them post their favorite video game music, but my prediction might be a bit off, maybe the youtube vid thing is too technical for the lazy people? I dunno.

Anyways, just gonna carry on and hope it picks up.

That was Moon stage theme from Duck Tales, of course.

Next... maybe NES stuff is a bit too old for the forum's age group, let's try something more relevant to target demographics of this game.

Actually an anime track, but a GBA sound mapper mix, please identify the source anime (though if you know the game, you'd be able to figure out which anime it's from anyways)
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:54 am

Somehow I think it's related to Gensou Shoujo Taisen, is it?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:01 am

...it is in a very remote way, how the hell did you come to that conclusion without looking at the video?
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:33 am

I just feel like it does, y'know it's kinda....... war-ish, but doesn't have the feel that makes you want to walk up to the enemy and kill it yourself, it's kinda more of a calm, but wild feeling that strategy games has and I just typed the first thing that comes to mind
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 7:43 am

I would have contributed already, if I would have known any of the tracks. I never played Contra or Duck Tales though. The only GBA game tracks I remember are from Golden Sun 1 to :V
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:35 am

It's been several days, is anyone allowed to post a new song or does the person who posted the song that didn't get guessed post a new one?

Like Himmel, I'd have hopped in if I actually knew any of the tracks. Most older games I played were on an emulator, where I turn the sound off 'cause of the quality. And there are only a few games I played for N64 and NES.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 am

Gundam seed?

in 64 bit?
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 am

I'm going to cheat and take over to make the game faster, since I gave my guess already
Yes, it's from Gundam Seed, the title of the song is Strike Shutsugeki, this version is taken from Super Robot Wars J (I'm not sure what the J is)

Anyway, Hyoka, entry please!
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:00 am

here you go
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:44 am

Alright, hint question. Is it from a racing game that uses something that's not exactly four-wheeled (IF it has any wheel at all)?
My guess? one of the F-Zero games
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 5:20 am

Sorry, gave up looking at the thread and kinda stopped bothering with the forum for the last few days. Back now. Hyoka is right, of course.

Shai wrote:
It's been several days, is anyone allowed to post a new song or does the person who posted the song that didn't get guessed post a new one?

After a day has lapsed without a correct answer, ANYONE can post their entry.

And sounds like a SNES game, no clue where from though.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:51 am

I feel like the song is related to a game that has to do with spaceships. Or something in space at least.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:33 am

i know I've heard that before, but I can't remember where.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 11:23 am

F-Zero for the SNES is the answer.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:38 pm

So I guess I got this turn..... man I keep getting right guesses from just the tiny strip.....

If you watch it, it's quite obvious, this one is an instrumental version of the song, it's from an anime this time, that's a first for this thread (for some reason, the ending is edited a bit)
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Seems broke, doesn't play.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Hyoka wrote:
F-Zero for the SNES is the answer.

I wish I had listened to this song earlier. Just did and I knew it was from F-Zero ;_;

Just can't seem to recall the exact name of it

Sure did like this song though, I need to play more retro games (Even though F-Zero is hard for me since I am a dirty casual.).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GAME] Guess Origin of Song   [GAME] Guess Origin of Song Empty

Back to top Go down

[GAME] Guess Origin of Song
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next