Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter)

Go down 
+10
rei_hunter
Valkyrie
That_Wiesel_Guy
Gerrion
Relict?
Tuskin
Hyoka
Fate
LazFlamme
TrieDaEsprit
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
HeyMario
HeyMario

Male Posts : 81

Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter)   Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 12:05 pm

RIP everyone that backed this garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter)   Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 9:56 pm

HeyMario wrote:
RIP everyone that backed this garbage.

Oh C'mon, it wasn't absolutely terrible! Not a masterpiece, but a lot of people are just over-exaggerating. Mighty No 9 wasn't like a total disgrace like Metroid: Other M and Paper Mario Sticker Star, or as broken as Ride To Hell or Mindjack, for crying out loud! I played through it, and I actually liked most of it.

For starters, I see people complaining about the difficulty. Well newsflash, MOST MEGAMAN GAMES ARE DIFFICULT! Heck, Megaman 2 is one of the cheapest in the series, with stuff like those Instant-Kill Lasers in Quick Man's stage, the stuff that Air Man does, that damned 4th Wily Fortress boss which could only be harmed by Crash Bombs (so if you run out of your small 7 ammo of it, you're screwed), and more, yet so many people still like Megaman 2! Mighty No 9 is no different!

Then, I see people complaining about stuff not being exactly like Megaman. Well newsflash, it's a SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR, not a clone! So of course Inafune would have to add stuff to make it different in ways.

Another thing I wanted to point out is the VERY FIRST MEGAMAN GAME wasn't a financial hit. It had an EMBARRASSING boxart, made even worse because it was all the advertising it had in the US, just like how MN9 had a not-so-hot commercial. This is what the Box Art looked like for Megaman 1 back then.

Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter) - Page 2 Ea08890df43c5f680d69e359f073a175

Capcom was going to axe Megaman itself EVEN BACK THEN. But the team loved the series so much, they designed Megaman 2 on their free time. If Inafune "Owns ALL of the problems that MN9 has," like you haters say, then I predict history repeating itself.

Sure, it's not absolutely totally hyper epic, but it had a pretty darn good storyline with an unexpected twist at the end, and other nice things. It's just a little unfocused, that's all, but loads of the older Megaman games lost focus, like Megaman and Bass, Megaman X7, and Megaman Soccer, yet those ones don't get bashed like this. But with such high expectations, a bigger-than-expected budget, and 8 ports crossing every electronic device imaginable, the internet just road the hate train express. As it always loves to do because it has nothing better to do. I just hope that Inafune learns from the mistakes of this one like he did with Megaman 1, and fixes them in a sequel, rather than shuts down the franchise entirely.

Quoted by Inafune: "We'll make a sequel even if it doesn't sell."
Back to top Go down
HeyMario
HeyMario

Male Posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter)   Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 pm

maybe i hit too close to home.
i can't exactly call might 9 difficult,yes megaman 2 was well know for the difficulty.
even if it's a spiritual successor,the things inafune would add to make it different were scrapped so we get this watered down version of NotMegaman.
megaman 1 was WELL received even if the game was not a commercial success,can't say about might 9 here.funny enough the japanese versions had limited quantities and they saw it as a success,the north america version was rushed because of the rushed up localization(thanks to the president of capcom usa).
but look the COMPANY decided to make a sequel,not the team(they don't decide that),the game was actually a sleeper hit,not a HUGE commercial success but looking at the american situation(they didn't have time to make a good box art),it was not bad too.

if i remember keiji designed the characters art and that's it.akira kitamura should take the spotlight for megaman 1 and most of the series.

if you liked it,ok that's cool,but that won't change the less then average reception of might 9,broken codes,delays, communication problems,poorly-exceuted ideas and much more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter)   Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mighty No.9 (Kickstarter)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2