Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? Empty
PostSubject: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:33 am

Personally, three out of the four silver bots in the Elcott gara seems to be promising and I want to discuss the first on the silver list which is "Dragonail" which fails to catch my eye (and it's the last bot I got from the gara on top of that) before this coming maintenance.

On to the topic: Dragonail does not show off the best stats among L-type LNDs not has any internal BD weapon. It's primary weapon include a pair of accel guns and swords with a blast-meele hybrid combo.
Spoiler:

The combo is relatively simple and quick with 2 slashes and a followup explosion from its AM. My initial plan is to give one AM to Geograsis G-type with a full (40) STR-tuned Machintlet AM build. After testing it in the Chaos Room "Goten Returns" with my Geograsis build, The most damage it dealt was 40-55 on just about any of the bots from "Alpha Golem" to "Beyond the Delgon" excluding the 80 damage coming from the Machintlet AM.

After realizing how inaccurate my attacks are with Machintlet AM, I decide to test using both Dragonail AMs on my Geograsis build.

Spoiler:

Regardless of the BD used, I strongly recommend Short Boost and Quick Land when using these AMs rather than pressing the [space bar] to try attacking enemies in the air (that is unless they are too far to reach).

Rating: It would make good on combos with other melee SUB Weapons and the accel gun is just there in case you want to put some distance between your target or if you are closing in. I forgot to check the cost before maintenance but it was relatively low. Unfortunately, Dragonail will have too many issues on trying to survive in this meta even when tuned pretty well based on trying to use it with a 40 STR Geograsis build.

To sum it up, It's not good as it is but works if you custom build with its AMs

You can comment on what alternatives you would like to share on Dragonail for more efficient guides (or just complain how useless this thread is :/ ). Jokes aside, I'm looking forward to seeing this bot in action some more.

Last edited by Samui on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:25 am

Dragon nail explotions can burn your enemy just like blazed baron varian.
but the real problem is each arm only have 20 ammo ( that suck).

then this arm if hitting air moe and air mecha will deal really really sick damages ( because this arm included to blast category ). if the enemy land using blast guard maybe they can decreasing the dragon nail AM damages.

Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 7:39 am

Very true. But I've yet to test if I can leap straight into flying units when I slash in midair just like Rush Arts Jace. I'm skeptical of it happening since its animation is similar to the classic swords (which need extreme skills and great internet to make useful).

*Update: As confirmed by SHADOWWOLF and friends from Himea_Saito, Dragonail AM can aim at flying units when attacking while midair. After testing it myself, It indeed can but not well enough to effectively bring AIRs down like Rush Arts Jace.*

Last edited by Samui on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update on Dragonail.)
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Abbey Cry
Abbey Cry

Female Posts : 284

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:12 pm

I think you could do better with a general UC L Sized Sword. The force and int are really just too trashy.

Does come with an accelgun though. Still really mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:07 pm

I still believe Dragonail AM has a chance since it's cost is pretty low plus the accel gun and it can hold other WPs (I use the WP slots for shields since my build ate up all the capa).
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Use Jet Accel BS alpha / beta ,you will know the last Blast Strike will pursue to nearest Target.
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:06 am

Cobra76 wrote:
Use Jet Accel BS alpha / beta ,you will know the last Blast Strike will pursue to nearest Target.
I hope gara releases those soon. The only usable BS I have is Zero Fighter NEXT BS which is an S-type.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:25 am

Samui wrote:
Cobra76 wrote:
I hope gara releases those soon. The only usable BS I have is Zero Fighter NEXT BS which is an S-type.
The arms are L, put them on a M size bot to use both.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:22 am

I use virtually nothing but hybrid bots and it mystifies me on why anything with a melee = 40 str and some sort of jump ability. (NEXT BS, Assault Step, whatever) Just get a good hopping M-sized core and give it a K-shield and hop shooting the Accel Gun, it's stupid fast and accurate. Melee when things get to close, to farm, and to chase down stray arts, hopping LNDs and landing AIRs.

Focusing on specifically the melee is a bad idea because quite frankly it's pretty bad in comparison to things that cost similar to the arm. On that note, focusing specifically on the gun is a bad idea because there are many cheaper weapons that do just as good or better. The potential comes from having and using both. If you're not using the gun at all, you might as well use a Geograsis AM3, Lancerlot AM3, a bot with a melee core, (Ivis, Ouka, Vanguard, Vishura) or one of the millions of LL sized weapon AMs. If you're not using the melee at all, you might as well use a Bazooka, Rocket Launcher, Accel Gun, Aqua Parasol, etc.

Better damage in one field or the other are offered on other weapons at similar or cheaper prices with better results, but very, very few AMs exist that do both. You pretty much use both or you use something better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:44 am

-Kitouski, Trill
So I may as well balance the STR and TEC if I use Dragonail? Seems fair enough knowing how good the accuracy of its accel gun is. I'll try it on Beetlander BD since it's the only M-type BD I have for it. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?   Dragonail - Can it survive this meta? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragonail - Can it survive this meta?
Page 1 of 1