Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Go down 
+2
Akhenderson
Aiოi ♥
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Any 3ds owners out there have this?

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is a music game where you tap, hold, and slide through assorted tracks from the 13 Final Fantasy games. You form a party of 4 characters, which can accumulates stats such as HP, EXP, AP, Strength, etc.. By Leveling up your characters, you can play much harder tracks with better survivablity. Theatrhythm features 3 game modes to play in. BMS(Battle Music Stage), FMS(Field Music Stage) and EMS(Event Music Stage). Each mode plays slightly different than the other, and of course, offers different selections of songs. All three of these modes have 3 difficulties of Normal, Expert, and Ultimate.

BMS is probably the "main attraction" of the game. Your party of 4 will fight off hordes of monsters while you play along to the music. The better you do, the faster your party can clear through enemies. Here's some videos of the BMS scenes.
BMS video:

FMS features the Field songs. Your party travels across the screen, and collects items from characters and moogles as the walk by. You can even summon a Chocobo to ride on if you're doing good!
FMS video:

Lastly, EMS has the event and scene music. These songs also feature small movies in the background. This mode will feel somewhat slow to you, even on Ultimate...
EMS video:

I'm enjoying this game quite a bit. My brother bought it and let me save on his. Free on my part! #em0
Back to top Go down
Aiოi ♥
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aiოi ♥

Female Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm

oh, that's remind me of osu game Smile
it's seems more fun than osu, thanks iKary #em1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:57 pm

You're welcome!

Forgot to mention that there's a Co-op mode for up to 4 people. If you got any friends with the game, give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:06 pm

This is something I'd probably want to get if the 3DS ever gets on sale or something. It looks really interesting and I've tried it for 5 minutes while my friend let me play while he drove me back to my home when I had no ride.

It was fun, but the adventure maps are LONG...
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 pm

why play it when

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Scott-kip wrote:
why play it when

Spoiler:
Cause it's fun?

Akhenderson wrote:
It was fun, but the adventure maps are LONG...
I have to agree. Luckily, once you beat a song in series, you can challenge that specific song by itself. I end up replaying the BMS maps over and over, ignoring the EMS and partially FMS.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:19 am

Sounds fun, but not the game i would exactly enjoy.

I mean, i liked guitar hero for DS until the string command broke, but this seems a bit colplicated for me, and FF was a serie i didn't liked at start (out of suspicion, not taste, found out the truth behind the series later on and had a lot of regrets...)
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:27 am

Gerrion wrote:
found out the truth behind the series later on and had a lot of regrets...
what
Back to top Go down
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:11 am

I bet 30 seconds in, I'd be wishing I were playing rythm heaven, cooking mama, or osu at that time. This game seems kinda hokey.

On second thought, after looking at EMS again, it has it's own appeal.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:51 am

A demo of Theatrhythm is also downloadable via the 3DS's e-shop...granted it only has 2 songs, but it's unique as it appears to be the 1st 3DS demo with unlimited usage....
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:09 pm

CapeMike wrote:
A demo of Theatrhythm is also downloadable via the 3DS's e-shop...granted it only has 2 songs, but it's unique as it appears to be the 1st 3DS demo with unlimited usage....

so its like the Dissidia demo I downloaed a long time ago before buying the game on my PSP, with a really short arcade mode, like 4 characters to use, but can be played over and over.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 pm

Scott-kip wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

so its like the Dissidia demo I downloaed a long time ago before buying the game on my PSP, with a really short arcade mode, like 4 characters to use, but can be played over and over.
Spoiler:

To date, all of the 3DS demos that have been available via the e-Shop have had a limited number of 'uses'; i.e., each time you exited a demo after playing, thus returning to the 3DS main area, it would count as 1 usage; presumably, after one's uses are expired, the demo deletes or disables itself(I've not used up any of my demos, so I can't say for sure); Theatrhythm breaks this streak by offering unlimited uses....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Empty

Back to top Go down

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Page 1 of 1