Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh god my face

Go down 
+2
Zwiebel Force
robot76
6 posters
AuthorMessage
robot76
Newcomer
Newcomer
robot76

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 pm

I need some serious help with LND. Ive been playing some Aila on the JP CB (lucky draw from Hu cube) and im getting wrecked. It could just be that im lacking the funds to tune her but it seems the only LND i was ever successful with was double shield Hatigarm (did i piss ppl off with that) but i think my main acc got deleted b/c of inactivity (was gone for 7 months). So i was wondering if some1 could help me out.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:03 am

Afaik accs never get deleted, no matter how inactive they are.

About Aila: you probably rushed into the enemy frontline or something. Even though this works on some bots, and even on some moes (namely new Ivis and Eris), this is a bad idea. Aila is as frai as an ice flower (omaigosh pardon me xD), and needs to be piloted with care. Her advantages are the massive amounts of hits she can do in a single combo and her superior mobility, that enables her to circle the enem even after making visual contact with the opponent. You should try to focus on ART and SUP types while attacking. Tr to hit your targets from behind and do not spam rightclick. Instead try to read the situation and stop your combo if the target is about to get out of your effective range or finds any means of dodging you (Crimson Veil being triggered, Wonder Bit dodge). In that case your options are: a, get behind the target and start another combo (won't work on people under the effect of Crimson Veil), b use her icicle shot (this works best on people with low HP), c, get the fuck off (there's no use in attacking targets if you can already tell they're going to destroy you). You should also try to learn the maps and the usual tactis for your prime targets in such enviroments: check out the typical spots for medics that charge their WB gauge, carefully invest the places in which ARTs are camping. Make sure you find a uick way to your enemy and try to stay unseen until you can actually attack the target. Nothing's more annoying than some Float Dash user kiting arround as you try to get close enough. Oh and don't forget about Wolfraid: you're utterly fat while using him yes and his main weapon sure takes some timing to hit the target, but with the freeze attack and his swift sub weapons he cn be great to escape or to back-up your team mates.

About Hatigarm: he is one of this melee users who're actually perfect for rushing into the enemy frontlines, especially if it is the Assault version that also goes by the name of Hatemachine O-O

You shouldn't compare him with Aila, even if Wolfraid looks like a moe version of Hatigarm =3
Back to top Go down
robot76
Newcomer
Newcomer
robot76

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:19 am

Maybe im just having issues with understanding my surroundings with the more fragile LND units. What are other LND units that can just simple run in and kill stuff? (besides the zero types)
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 am

Pretty much everything that moves during the combo or has a fast single hit with a good effective range. Scargeant Burai is popular as he comes with high TGH, a good combo and the ability shield himself from almost any attack with his cloak (which is ideal for retreating).

Ivis is self explaining: her Crimson Veil prevents her from being stunned, however her TGh and HP is really low and the first hit of her combo doesn't track at all. She doesn't move that much while fencing, so you gotta make sure the first hit actually hits the target. Her low force makes her another I-need-to-attack-from-behind to. She's ideal to stunlock distracted targets.

Dracken is fine to. His Crimson Veil doesn't last very long and his AURA causes some slight delay in his combo, however the first hit is pretty much an L-sized Reaper Scythe attack, so you can use him for hit-and-run attacks. He's one of the very few bots who could actually utilize Soul Eater, if you know what you're doing.

You could also try Mighty Byne and his over 9000 built-in shields. He'll need some additional weapons to do good though (his default melee is ammo restricted and has super low tracking range).

Kuten Jikun Long works fine to: she first looks like another Aila, but unlike Aila Kuten actuall moves a lot during her combo, aking it rather trick to hit her (impossible if your connection is really bad). She also comes with an empty BS slot and 2 unoccupied AMs, so you can make her a run+gun scouter.

I'd advise you not to use melee rushes if you don't tune though. Your best bets would probably be bots that stay close to their comrades and incertecpt distracted targets.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 am

daed with 2x kshield and beet hd 600+ hp cveil dual spike bits dash in smash shit; axer rape, daed bc sword on a red squealer
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Moved.

Land Types -> Gameplay Questions/Discussions
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:53 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
daed with 2x kshield and beet hd 600+ hp cveil dual spike bits dash in smash shit; axer rape, daed bc sword on a red squealer
That'll require you to either spend money, or to farm Anni/Ro Lucky cubes, which is pretty much like covering Daedalian AM2 in wasabi and shoving it all the way up in your anus TAT
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 6:52 pm

If you really just want to shut off your brain, close your eyes, and roll your face across your keyboard, Daedalian suits your needs best. Lots of people like suiciding with Ivis too because thinking is hard and lagshield is retarded but generally speaking most bots shouldn't ever expect to perform well doing that.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Whenever I see people trying to play braindead with Daedalian AM2, they don't hit at all.
Back to top Go down
robot76
Newcomer
Newcomer
robot76

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Well its not to say i want to play brain dead but i simple lack the funds (lvl 5 btw) to tune a legit LND w/o getting my arse kicked right away.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:06 pm

You need money, resources and tunes to play braindead
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:51 pm

robot76 wrote:
Well its not to say i want to play brain dead
robot76 wrote:
What are other LND units that can just simple run in and kill stuff?
you lost me
Back to top Go down
robot76
Newcomer
Newcomer
robot76

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Suguri wrote:
robot76 wrote:
Well its not to say i want to play brain dead
robot76 wrote:
What are other LND units that can just simple run in and kill stuff?
you lost me

With Hatigarm for example (in my first post), i could run in and bash injured ppl to death w/o much worries while spending only enough UC for 2 shields. If i tried to do the samething with say Aila, ide get wrecked before i get to do anything. Simple put, im just trying to find a non expensive LND unit that helps me make $$ so i can spend that $$ funding another LND unit that would put thoe funds to better use. Ide stick with Hatigarm but i dont have enough UC to get the RT to buy him.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 am

dafuq?
You mean Aila isn't good enough for you to faceroll with? You playing >3 Br rooms or what?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 am

Untuned Aila isn't that beginner firendly. Especially if you'e used to something like Hatigarm w/ dual K-Shield.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:14 pm

But that's not what you do with Aila ._.

junk tune 3X H. Glad and in a 1v1 you can rape anything
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:18 pm

It's exactly what you do, when you're new to the game (or even TPS) and bound to UC o 3o
Back to top Go down
GureYuki
Newcomer
Newcomer

Oh god my face Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh god my face   Oh god my face EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:25 pm

blead wrote:
Moved.

Land Types -> Gameplay Questions/Discussions

lol.. Where did he put this tread before u moved it? XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content