Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Lux Eques

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaosuseki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:59 am

Alright, just a disclaimer before I get to the contents of the post: I'm in no way an expert on anything I'm about to say. Take everything here with a heavy dose of salt, because I could be wrong about everything.

Also, this might devolve into me ranting about how awesome this bot is.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get to why you're reading this.

LUX EQUES is a Medium Air AURA bot that came out with the Flute Garapon on July 19th.

Spoiler:

It comes equipped with the following:

-Lux AM:
A 15 force, 360 ammo, 300 range, 385 speed Auto Beam Rifle built into the shoulders (locked part)

-Scutum:
A K-Shield (60 HP, locked part)

-Solis Ortis: A 2 hit combo, 28 force Beam Sword (5 hit combo with ranged projectiles, 35 force in aura mode, locked part)

-Lux BS: (1 str, 1 tec, 4 fly, -1 tgh) Gives 40 or so seconds of fly in AURA mode (Basically Blitzelt's AURA effect)

So, based on my couple of days of playing with this bot, I'll give a list of pros and cons that are side effects of playing an Air Melee bot as well as things unique to Lux Eques in particular:

PROS:

-The biggest, and most obvious pro to Lux is the Booster. In Aura mode, it gives you a solid 35~40 seconds of flight, which makes chasing, takedowns, aerial combat, and escapes insanely easy with high (32+) amounts of FLY. The cost is low, it gives 4 FLY, and comes with the full 3 slots for tuning goodness. The entirely of Lux Eques battle prowess comes from the fact it can stay in the air for extended periods of time.

-The second is the auto beam rifle built into the bot. This had to be a stroke of genius or something for CS because Lux CANNOT SWITCH WEAPONS OTHERWISE. The auto beam rifle cements its place in the metagame, which I'll get to later.

-The third is the sword, namely, the sword in aura mode. Christ, what a piece of work. A 5 hit combo starting with a shield bash/charge to stun, followed up with 4 slashes, with 3 ranged projectiles per slash that burst into wind upon hitting something, someone, or their proper range limit (which, for a melee, is pretty decent on its own). The number of hits is enough to do insane damage, further enhanced by the fact that Lux Eques melee is TEC based.

CONS:

-Let's get the biggest setback for Lux out of the way first: The K-Shield is damn near useless. In exchange for making it so that your mobility is unhindered while the shield is activated, it only has 60 hp (a third of the standard k-shield health) and because of this, it breaks a lot faster. Honestly, it only has one use, and that is its saving grace: in air to air combat. It's too weak to deal with anything else.

-The locked arms means you're kind of limited in part choices and stuck with the weapon loadout you get out of the box. This isn't a bad thing if you're okay with it like I am.

-The weakness that all AURA bots have is that you can't switch out the AURA system for other bits. They need it to work, but the dependency on the AURA system cripples some bots. Luckily, the beam rifle is plenty useful without having AURA activated, meaning Lux is not one of those bots.

-This one is a two fold weakness of Air Melee bots as a whole: Low TGH and their weakness to explosives. The low TGH makes it so that they cannot stay in combat for extended periods of time without being stunned, and naturally, ART units that play with even half a brain will destroy any Air Melee that dares cross their path. And because of that low TGH, a single hit will ground and immobilize them. Even at higher TGH levels it will usually be one hit because of AIR's inherent weakness to explosives. Not to mention every bot type in the game has access to some form of explosive. This is the reason you rarely see AIR melee being played in Arena: the risks are simply higher than the rewards.

Which makes this both annoying and exciting: Lux Eques, like all other AIR melee, is meant to be played in 1v1 combat, scouting roles, and picking off stragglers. It's annoying because it's difficult to play a bot like this for most players (especially me, a guy who runs noskill autoplay bots 90% of the time because IDGAF). It's exciting because when all the pieces start falling into place (and if you and your team are doing any sort of decent job they'll be falling into place quite often), Lux Eques is the best AIR melee in the game bar none.

Just a bit of tuning onto the weapons and increasing the FLY and TEC makes Lux a high tier chaser, capable of dishing out obscene amounts of damage in short bursts. The sheer amount of hits the sword does means 2x Status Tunes are a MUST. Slow and Drain are both good contenders, especially considering your targets are going to be AIR units primarily (HD Seraphs about to launch their missiles are sitting ducks, Akane and her sister are always focused on one target at a time, etc. Looking for weaknesses in your target are part of what Lux needs to do to make it on top). Lux is a quick and hard hitting glass cannon that cannot take extended amounts of damage and should not be played like a melee LND bot. This goes for every AIR melee, but Lux especially so because it's easy to get complacent with the built in shield and awesome damage.

CART RECOMMENDATIONS:

-Beam Guard (Lux will be engaging in extensive combat against other AIR bots; this cart is a must)
-Sword Guard (This cart depends on your playstyle. I get it because I frequently fight LND bots. Plus it helps when fighting other AIR melee's such as any bot with Frau legs)
-Quick Boost (Before you go into AURA mode you're just an AIR bot with an auto beam rifle and a crappy 2 hit combo. Quick Boost will alleviate some of the frustration of this)
-Quick Jump (The reason I recommend Quick Jump is because for all the close combat fighting you're going to be doing, falling to the ground is commonplace. The ground is where ARTs are at. You don't want to stay there long)
-Float Dash (If you get Quick Jump, get Float Dash. Makes escapes much easier)
-Quick Land (It's a toss up between Quick Jump and Quick Land. Quick Land works better for Float Dash than Jump does but it's really up to you)
-Wonder Rate up (This cart is optional. It sounds good on paper, but until you're able to get your AURA bit full you're supposed to be avoiding damage)
-Stun Regain (Haven't gotten around to testing this cart yet on Lux; it would probably be decent considering how easily you're going to be stunned)
-Accel Roll (This cart isn't built into Lux)

Tactics are usually the same for all AIR melee, but Lux is slightly different, so here goes:

Lux vs other AIRs = If they're rocking a mini zook, tread carefully. The best tactic is to hit and run or get to higher altitudes to shoot them from a distance. Seraphs have trouble turning with their wings out; Lux does not. Take advantage of this as often as possible.

Lux vs LNDs = Seek them out one by one and keep your distance with scattered shots until your AURA is full. If you have your sword tuned for Slow, go into Aura mode and do a combo or 2 on them. Once slow activates, back up and start shooting. Naturally this is different for bots that have an easier time with killing low altitude AIRs (Eris is the main offender).

Lux vs SUPs = If they don't have draw guns or a melee weapon, feel free to melee them if there's no one else around but keep an eye out: teams don't generally like it when you attack their precious SUPs. If you get Disorder'd by a Pulsardio or one of its variants, either melee or back up for a bit.

Lux vs ARTS = This is why Lux has the shield. Full frontal attacks against a well equipped ART are suicide for an AIR that specializes in killing things up close. Luckily, because they are so easily stunned via melee, 1-2 good hits will end the assault and allow you to begin counterattacking. DO NOT GET OVERWHELMED. What I mean by this is you fight 1 ART at a time. Any more than that and you'll be toast.

Alright, it's 2 in the morning. Let me know if I've missed anything.

Last edited by Kaosuseki on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 am

I'll just point out a few quick errors then get back to my dinner.

@Kaosuseki wrote:
-The biggest, and most obvious pro to Lux is the Booster. In Aura mode, it gives you a solid 35~40 seconds of flight

The cost is low, it gives 4 FLY, and comes with the full 3 slots for tuning goodness.
It actually gives 120 seconds of flight, unless it's actually worse than the propellant buff given by Propeller Bits/Blitzelt BS/Orin. However 40/1 aura only lasts 54 seconds (72 seconds on a full gauge, but activating AURA instantly eats 25% of the gauge), so your aura will actually empty before your boost gauge does unless you use accele roll.

Blitzelt BS is actually more cost efficient when you factor in aura stats. The main perk to Lux BS is the ability for Brachius to use it, giving the highest-stat aura air core access to a propellant booster at last.

@Kaosuseki wrote:
-The weakness that all AURA bots have is that you can't switch out the AURA system for other bits. They need it to work, but the dependency on the AURA system cripples some bots. Luckily, the beam rifle is plenty useful without having AURA activated, meaning Lux is not one of those bots.
Technically the AURA bit isn't locked. Considering that even with just Blitzelt/Lux BS alone AURA is already better than every single other air bit option though, there's no reason to remove it.

@Kaosuseki wrote:
CART RECOMMENDATIONS:
Pretty much hit it head-on. I'd just like to emphasize that Wonder Rate Up is really more just a "looks good on paper" sort of thing. I'd give heavy consideration to Guards and Stun Regain specifically.

@Kaosuseki wrote:
Lux vs other AIRs = If they're rocking a mini zook, tread carefully. The best tactic is to hit and run or get to higher altitudes to shoot them from a distance. Seraphs have trouble turning with their wings out; Lux does not. Take advantage of this as often as possible.
Mini zooks are pretty rare these days; lightning guns aren't, and even run the risk of dropping you out of the air through your shield. Be very cautious about Thoarla AM3/AM4, Haruka, and MLG. On the other hand, Lux can be extremely threatening to other airs; if you have Accele Roll you can catch even Shadens, and if you have Slow tunes any air you tag is guaranteed dead.

I think the biggest thing I'd actually worry about in an air-to-air fight is drawing attention from nearby arts; being a glowing airborne target being preoccupied with meleeing something, you're both extremely likely to draw attention, and missiles will home well on you.

@Kaosuseki wrote:
Lux vs SUPs = If they don't have draw guns or a melee weapon, feel free to melee them if there's no one else around but keep an eye out: teams don't generally like it when you attack their precious SUPs. If you get Disorder'd by a Pulsardio or one of its variants, either melee or back up for a bit.
Beware Shock Bazookas; especially be wary of Pepo Torte. Squidol EV can give you hell pretty effortlessly too, especially if you're preoccupied with another target.

On the other hand, people tend to cluster around buffing supports, particularly supports with repair bits up. Good time to remember your ABR pierces~

@Kaosuseki wrote:
Alright, it's 2 in the morning. Let me know if I've missed anything.
I could've replied to your last listed con with this, but I think it's worth noting separately:

Tune Crimson Veil.

x2 CV will almost guarantee a proc after being shot by any ART, and then you're stun-free for a loooong time. On top of that, you've also got all-guard making you even sturdier, and stun regain will proc on any would-be stun that hits you. Your durability will easily double if not triple.

----------

That all said, good bot, neat guide. Don't have one and haven't played one so I don't know a whole lot about him, but he looks and sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:57 am

Kai on steroids, huh?
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:08 am

god damn. Now you make me want to get a Lux... Shame I couldn't get him in flute... ;_;
I love air melee!
Back to top Go down
Kaosuseki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:41 am

Added Quick Land to the list of Recommended Carts.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:18 pm

i cant quite follow the people that call the non original k-shields bad, the main feature of those things is a shield that is deployable at the time you want to have it, contrary to normal shields that will propably be scrap metal when the time comes you would want one

lux shield might not be as cost efficient as the other 2 k-shield variatns but its still a top tier shield, id chose it over viper/buckler if i could do so without having second thoughts (sadly its locked)
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:42 am

I don't think you really need 40/1, his damage is good enough without it. I am focusing on survival on mine. I haven't really put together a solid build yet, but I think I am going to try and keep a relative Str/Tec balance and mostly raise HP. I finally landed 2 CVs in a set of patty legs and am considering using Sol BS for mobility so I can take guards and stun + broad radar.

Anyone know the formula for aura duration based on balance?

BTW
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 am

@Halexander wrote:
Anyone know the formula for aura duration based on balance?
I gave the stats for 40/1 aura, you can reverse engineer it from there.
Back to top Go down
ironpen27
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ironpen27

Male Posts : 291

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 am

sorry for the noob question but...

wat do you mean about 40/1?
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 am

@ironpen27 wrote:
sorry for the noob question but...

wat do you mean about 40/1?

STR/TEC (afaik and/or reversed)
Back to top Go down
ironpen27
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ironpen27

Male Posts : 291

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:25 pm

thanks Aria Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordOfTheNoobs
LordOfTheNoobs

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:53 am

Quote :
melee is TEC based
It's a true?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:05 pm

It's a true.
Back to top Go down
LordOfTheNoobs
LordOfTheNoobs

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Evaluate.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:01 pm

Griest BS is counter-productive to a slow tuned Lux. If you procc slow, Griest BS will just apply Shock over slow, making it useless.
Back to top Go down
LordOfTheNoobs
LordOfTheNoobs

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:13 pm

I tried this combination and was satisfied. Gries BG as if created for lux. Any offers?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Uh, what Trill said. Stick to either Griest and High Glad or Slow and some other cheaper BS which doesn't undermine your slow tunes.

1 fly off fly breakpoint, 1 tgh off tgh breakpoint (not as important). No.

Change to 38 fly and 16 tgh. Change to lazflamme legs. I do alright with only 2x cv, but whatever floats your boat. Try to fit in Accel Roll. High Tech alpha is loads better than Tec Alpha if you can afford the capacity.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:01 pm

There is zero reason I can find to EVER use Tech Alpha. It's the same Cost as Tech, but gives -1 str. There's zero point to it.
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:10 pm

The basic premises to use a Alpha tunes. Power Alpha and Tech Alpha actually make marginal sense to use. Not so much the other three. But none of them really properly apply to Lux, though, at least not on this build concept.

1) Balance STR/TEC for WB. Tech Alpha is counter-intuitive to this on Lux, though, since TEC is the higher stat.
2) +10% tuning success rate. There's a lot of extra slots on that bot, if I'm not mistaken, so you can easily get the same success rate bonus by just distributing the tunes.
3) Mat cost. It costs ever so slightly fewer Stabilizers than a normal Tech Tune. This is the weakest reason and honestly, at any point you could plot out an Alpha Tune, you probably have some spare junk you can give to Ouka to just *buy* the extra Stabilizers.
Back to top Go down
LordOfTheNoobs
LordOfTheNoobs

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Spoiler:

Is that better?
Quote :
Change to lazflamme legs
For what?
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:04 pm

for lazflamme LGs....?

He's telling you to use laz LGs
Back to top Go down
LordOfTheNoobs
LordOfTheNoobs

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Why?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:15 pm

@LordOfTheNoobs wrote:
Why?
Extra BS slot
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:25 pm

Because Laz LG's are a bit more stat efficient.

Spoiler:

Extra BS slot is hardly reasoning for Laz LG over Thoarla LG, considering both give an extra BS slot. Laz LG is smaller, and is a bit more stat efficient.

As people've gone over before, balancing Str/Tec on Aura bots is pointless. Just make sure str stays above 1.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 12:16 pm

@Trill wrote:
As people've gone over before, balancing Str/Tec on Aura bots is pointless. Just make sure str stays above 1.

Learn from my rookie mistake. Tried doing that on my Icy, did NOT go well.

EDIT: Anybody gonna update this for Lux Legion?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lux Eques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lux Eques   Lux Eques Empty

Back to top Go down

Lux Eques
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Air Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com