Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)

Go down 
+7
Trill
Fireflywater
-Business
God is a Cat Girl
Akhenderson
Raven
CapeMike
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) Empty
PostSubject: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Well it looks like melee's going nowhere fast, as I don't have much in the way of useful stuff.... Sad

Astral_God's been making suggestions and such, and while melee's essentially a lost cause, he did seem to like some art-bots I was showing him that I have and suggested I focus instead on them!

So, what I'll be doing soon here is showing screengrabs of some of the bots in question as they are right now...; Astral's trying to help me learn how to Short Boost effectively, but it's slow going...either because I'm just not good at it, or it could be this aging keyboard...or both.... Question

While I'm very reluctant to actually do so, I -might- be convinced to junk and re-level an art bot for Short Boost, but only if we can find a combination that works -and- it's made worth my while...can't play as much as I'd like at the moment, so we'd have to find a very efficient way of leveling that I can actually do either on my own or with a patient team.

If Short Boost-ing isn't an option, whatever you can recommend with the bot(s) would be appreciated...pics will be coming soon...and Astral, feel free to jump in whenever you feel it's necessary with your own thoughts as this was indirectly your idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) Empty
PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:31 pm

It's too bad you can't get the hang of effectively short boosting...or maybe it's a good thing. I can't play this game without short boost anymore. I feel so hindered without it to the point that I'm pretty dependent on it.

As far as "efficient way of leveling," feel free to add me. We haven't really interacted much on the forum or in-game, but I'd be willing to carry you through Haku if you're online and want some help.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Well since you're used to using stuff like Pulsardio, and you're thinking of using arts, you could try getting yourself a Destructor since his missiles act the same way, except it screws of airs instead of arts. (He does get short boost so that he can use terrain to get away from lnds that don't have short boost as well.)
However, due to his chunky nature, he might be a bit slow without tuning Neutral

If you're good at aiming, you could try gatlings or railguns. I don't know your playstyle all that well, so I can't really say much. I have heard you use airs too so you can pick up some really good stuff with GaraUnit 01. It's slightly cheaper, and has equipment suited for arts (3/4 weapons are for arts while the other weapon is for airs)

If you convert uc -> rt, you can buy yourself an amateus as apparently they're really good.

I don't know what else so I might as well look at your pictures and see what you have.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:12 pm

I already have a Destructor CN and Desu Max in usage, as well as, among others being used either in part(s) or in whole, Kealms, AchtSieben(spelling?), Hoverion, Saggi Max and Saggi Max II, Psycho Formula, Genbura, Maril March, Boildeck, and Grandum....

As for preferred art weapon types, I'm much better with extreme-range sniper-type weapons; i.e., breaker rifles and railguns...I'll manage something, heh. Smile
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:20 pm

You don't need to know how to hop to get short boost on some arts.

On Destructor for example. You don't really need to hop with destructor to get short boost.
Short boost lets you take off faster than the space key. It also lets you fire the missiles from higher ground while moving faster than pressing the space key, fly to left or right, let go the space key and fire right after you let go the key.
On the later case it also prevents you from flying forward towards the enemy if you press the mouse button too fast.

(This also applies to Nicole and other bots with subweapons, but not all of them.)
Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:36 pm

CapeMike wrote:
Well it looks like melee's going nowhere fast, as I don't have much in the way of useful stuff.... Sad

Astral_God's been making suggestions and such, and while melee's essentially a lost cause, he did seem to like some art-bots I was showing him that I have and suggested I focus instead on them!

astral is a man?

and... melee isnt going anywhere fast? ... oh that was funny. melee is heavy in meta right now just as it always has been.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:40 pm

-Business wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

astral is a man?

and... melee isnt going anywhere fast? ... oh that was funny. melee is heavy in meta right now just as it always has been.
he meant he isn't very good at playing melee because he's not good at it/doesn't have many good melee stuff...
And no, astral's still a female. Everyone makes the assumption that there are no girls on the internet simply because it's been that way.

Also, I don't know what else to suggest besides making a nice air and hailing bullets down on opponents.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 pm

>DesuMax
All you have to do is take his AMs off/Replace them, get 2 EIWs, and spam EVERYTHING TO DEAAAAAAAAATH.
It's like Toybox Girl but cool.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:23 pm

I'd try and capitilize on your Genbura, Psycho Formula (with Kealms AM for alphastrike fun), and Maril March's BS can be hijacked for whichever of the two builds you end up preferring more. Desu Max is great, but he's somewhat large so he will require a bit of tutning up before he is able to really shine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:54 pm

Quote :
As for preferred art weapon types, I'm much better with extreme-range sniper-type weapons; i.e., breaker rifles and railguns...I'll manage something, heh.
Work on your leading and ammo preservation and this will take you a really long way. Just ask anyone who was on the other team about my core breaker lmao.

Honestly I feel like you should stop trying to expand out until you've got what you're good at pretty much mastered. It'll do you a lot more good rather than trying to specialize in twenty different things.

Well that and leading is pretty much a universal skill. Try doing it with magnums. Shit's awesome.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Akhenderson wrote:
-Business wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

astral is a man?

he meant he isn't very good at playing melee because he's not good at it/doesn't have many good melee stuff...
And no, astral's still a female. Everyone makes the assumption that there are no girls on the internet simply because it's been that way.

Also, I don't know what else to suggest besides making a nice air and hailing bullets down on opponents.

I generally tend to refer to everyone here as he unless I'm certain it's otherwise.... Smile

...and yes, my ineptitude with melee here in CB has reached nigh-mythical proportions...on the rare occasion I actually use a melee bot in a battle, I'm doing good to notch 150 melee damage in a match...and my # of Dio Missile(Pulsardio) kills, at last check, was 26(including 2 matches where I noticed 2 Dio Missile kills in each), while my total melee kill count is...*checks*...17. Embarassed

Guess I'll stick to long-range art-fun for now...; I've grown fond of my Desu Max, and it's ability to blot the sky with missiles...I also gave it a Structure Breaker(50-51 Force), just to be sure...hopefully, pics coming soon!
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 pm

>Structure Breaker
>Psycho Formula

Oh man wtf are you doing go make a Breaker Psycho Formula NOW

Suguri even made a guide for it.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
>Structure Breaker
>Psycho Formula

Oh man wtf are you doing go make a Breaker Psycho Formula NOW

Suguri even made a guide for it.

Wait, so leave one Psycho arm on, and replace the other with any arm + the structure breaker?? Question

...and link me to this Suguri build....
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 pm

His non-gara resources thread

and no psycho AM is terripuru
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:20 am

-Business wrote:
astral is a man?
No Business. I think Cape just forgot the S in she. It happens. x3

Anyways Cape, like I said, you should try focusing on your AchtSieben WT or Sagittary Maxis for ARTs since they're solid railgunners. Destructor MAX is fun to play too as a right-click spammer. Just be sure to replace his railgun AMs since they're bad as far as Railguns go and you're losing out on a potential of 6 extra slots.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:33 am

>solid railgunner
>has Genbura

I'd take that over Acht/Saggy any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:43 am

I missed the fact that he had a Genbu. Oops XD

Genbura > AchtSieben WT > Sagittary Maxis (My opinion, might not match yours).

But Genbura is so heavily reliant on the AURA system that I never really liked him myself.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 am

AURA charges pretty fast compared to other bits, and I never really had a problem with my Genbu when I used to use it. If you have a Slice Gun that makes a good off-Aura weapon, otherwise you can manage just fine with traditional ART armament like Bazookas.

I think Mike should dust off his Genbu and give it a shot. And of course feel free to ask for any pointers.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 am

...and now, for a few screenies....

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

May not be much, but they're mine...and for the most part, effective.... Smile

p.s., thanks to my benefactor again, who still wishes to remain anonymous, fate has delivered TWO more Genburas to me...options just got a bit wider.... Smile
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:20 am

i just want to point out that some of those robots can benefit from using a buckler instead of a viper shield.
same hp.
more cost.

Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:28 am

Genbura should drop the Accel LG and get both EIW.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:55 am

Gonna try to keep this as simple and straightforward as possible.

@Destructor MAX
・Switch Structure Breaker for Large Bazooka. Part choices otherwise look solid.
・I'd personally pick different carts (Short Boost instead of sway+boost run, and Broad Radar) but your choices could've been worse.

@AchtSieben WT
・Instead of commenting on the build, I'm going to put it bluntly; WT is outclassed pretty heavily by a lot of other railguns. Particularly considering you own three Genburas, which arguably have the best railgun in the game. I would just junk this and put its parts to use elsewhere.

Going to skip the Saggis, but I know someone will comment on the Greinaut AM and Accel Saber LG being rather fishy choices. If I had Genbus I probably wouldn't even touch a Saggi personally, but that's just me.

@Boiledeck
・Switch Accel Saber LG for Paraboroid or Mach Knight LG
・Switch Snailbot AM for...something. I guess I've never used a Boiledeck before, but a bazooka feels redundant on it. That, and Snailbot AM is horrible regardless.

@Genbura
・Switch Accel Saber LG for Lazflamme LG
・Double up on Cannonballer BS
・Switch to better arms. Build Arm AM and Dikaros AM are the best non-gara options I can think of.
・Change Blast Magnet Gun Mod to Handy Bazooka or Handy Magnum
・Ideal cartridges would probably be x5 capa x2 EIW Boost Run/Broad Radar/Beam Guard
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 am

Well, since everyone seems to favor Genbura, I'll begin with it...especially as I have 3 now.... Smile
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:15 am

Quote :
・Switch to better arms. Build Arm AM and Dikaros AM are the best non-gara options I can think of.
Hey, I'm not the only one who thought about Dikaros AM on Genbu as UC option? (I actually used 1 of them.)

I wouldn't really compare WT directly with Genbu and Maxis 1, since their railguns are different, and WT deals really poor damage to anything with blast guard.
(WT can be easily tuned with UC parts to at least 35 tec and 35 wlk if I'm not mistaken.
But the same also applies to Maxis, though you might still need 1 or 2 triple tunes, which isn't as bad on UC parts.)
Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:38 am

yes i know you are astral. just drunk trolly trollin last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)   O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly) Empty

Back to top Go down

O.k., let's try a different approach.... (advice needed, will hopefully be updated regularly)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next