Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aila Build (Wrong section?)

Go down 
+12
Aurum_Sol
baglander
badlander
Suguri
Trill
JadeCicada
mechaRev
fggt
God is a Cat Girl
Zwiebel Force
Cybernetic
Accidentally
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

Aila Build (Wrong section?) Empty
PostSubject: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 am

So, not sure if this should be in the land guide section but I'm putting it here cause its not technically a guide.

I've got a level 9 Aila, and I want to tune her/begin tuning her. Problem being I have a vague idea of how to tune but it'd probably take me about 2 billion years to get a good build together on a calc.

So, as she is now, I've got her cartridged for:

6x Capacity cartridges
Boost Run
Stun Regain
Broad Radar.

I've got 2 pompoms (3s) to give her when next bazaar roles around (friend has em).

So one question would be, what should I take for my last cartridge -have no idea on this-.

And the other, can someone give me a solid build to tune her with?

All help greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 am

I think this should be in gameplay questions section of guides, so, yeah, a mod/admin will be on it in a bit I do belive.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:46 am

This should be in the "Gameplay Questions/Discussions" section This is the General section.

Something I did, my builds suck arse though :3c:
All of these parts come from UC sources (HD Jikun Long from cubes :O).
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:58 am

Well, assuming that a mod will move it, I guess it won't be bad if I post something already.

First, get ready to junk her. Why? You might want to try to land 1 tune in every locked part without using RT harmonics and/or protectors. Simply try to land 1 tune in every locked part, slot broke? Locked parts that are locked to the core will get their slots reset once you junk the bot, meaning you will lose both successful tunes and broken slots.

I guess that you pretty much decide if you want to lock the enemies on 1 place during your combo (stun lock) or slow them down so they won't run away, but that's up to you.
But as seeing as Aila pretty much loops her combos so fast, high gladiator seems to be great for her (as if it wasn't good already).

Then you decide if you want to keep your bit or not. If you are going for boost run, you can get red tier boost run and with broad radar, you can do fine without the bit.

Last cartridge I would go for short boost, no quick land, but short boost by itself already helps a lot moving around faster and dodging some bullets (though no quick land makes it harder to keep dodging for longer periods of time, still you have boost run for a reason).

You can decide between doing a regular build or a rich fag build and take advantage of her high amount of slots. This is, tune normally and don't bother about filling EVERY slot, or change tunes to, for example, run tunes instead of High Run something tunes to fill the slots and keep the fly higher, though if you aren't keeping the bit, it would work out better for STR or (with 0 tec you don't need vanilla STR tunes either) TGH.

Yeah, get some more tgh. Happen to have 60 free capa? Get CV.

I will stop here for now. That's some of the things that I find the basics for melee. (I don't even play melee all that much, so you might find people that can make better builds than I do.)
I had to be less Aila specific as I don't how her, and only tested her on someone else's account.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:44 pm

16tgh, 2x slow, 1x high glad, 2x CV i think. If she can fit all of them.
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:02 pm

If you go for boost-run i suggest you to tune clearance instead, the quantity of perses around is not normal...
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:16 pm

tggt wrote:

Non boost run, maybe. With boost run? Only if you don't tune str or with only a few str tunes?
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
tggt wrote:

Non boost run, maybe. With boost run? Only if you don't tune str or with only a few str tunes?

Last time i check, it's 32(31) str, 36 wlk no br.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 pm

tggt wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
tggt wrote:

Last time i check, it's 32(31) str, 36 wlk no br.

Well, not with the carts that I got.
I had to get rid of Broad Radar and go with Level 9 and Cosmic Beer and Busted Stungun without a BS to get all that.
No capa tunes though.

That pig flag BS works too, and while most of the stats were the same, the HP was higher.

1 Regular Capa tune = 1 Guard Cart.

Well, that's what I got.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Can someone explain how short hop and boost run interact?
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Boost Run is a run-action cart that replaces your normal running by supplementing it with your boost gauge. Short Boost is a dash-action cart that replaces your standard dash movement with a boost hop.

They interact in the sense that they don't conflict since they cover two different action types - this allows you to equip both at the same time (compare Float Dash, which is also a dash action and thus can't be taken with Short Boost). You use Boost Run as a means of fast travel to get in battle, maneuver during battle, and exit battle. Short Boost is an evasive / strategic maneuver to use during battle, with the added benefit that it helps create openings for you to recover your depleting boost gauge.
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:31 pm

So, here's my nub attempt to understand charts and stuff and make a build.

Spoiler:

Couple of questions.

In the boost run chart, everything in a given color moves at the same speed, correct, or no, as that's the reason I settled on 31/11. Also, is it worth tuning for the pink tier of boost run if that's the case?

Can someone explain the short boost chart because it makes no sense to me.

Is stun regain really worth it, and is it worth tuning that bit of tough to meet a stun regain breakpoint? Would it be better to drop stun regain and get quick land to go with the short boost?

Am I investing too much into str? Should I put some of that capacity into tgh/revenge tunes?

Sorry for all the questions and shiz, just trying to get a solid grasp on this stuff.

Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Spoiler:

I'd personally try something like this
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:55 pm

2x slow should be enough really, she's showering her target with hits, so it should be triggered sooner or later.

BTW: why would you tune an assasin like her for 12 TGH? I mean Cveil prevents stuns and with Broad Radar she should be able to avoid being ganked, no? scratch
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Relying on 2x C.Veil to procc whenever you need it (and even then it only lasts 15 seconds) to do anything not only is a massive crutch, it's asking to backfire on you and not procc and let you die for 1360 cost. Even with Redteir, 38 fly accel roll airs can and will keep up with you.

The "assasin" style sounds great and works nice on paper, but in practice it does not work.

You will take out one target and everyone will instantly target you. Assuming you manage to finish them off without gaining the aggro of everyone in a 5 mile radius, you'll end up having atleast some type of group chasing you and will be stunlocked and killed by shittons of bullets flying at you. C.Veil is meant to help save you some damage by not letting stun slow you down during your escape, and or for (if you have the HP to support it) take out targets who are in a bit denser groups). It is unlikely that you'll find someone alone in the corner of the map with no broad radar and no way to kill and avoid you. Your goal would be to take out people in the outskirts of the back of the group (this is where healers usually are).

tl;dr : Do not rely on Crimson Veil. It's just a bonus for when it does activate.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:12 pm

y'all be bad yo

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 10:41 pm

That's a Sugoi build - but the OP seems to be bound to UC items :/
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Lady General Cape looks horrible on Aila ):
Back to top Go down
badlander
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Trill wrote:
The "assasin" style sounds great and works nice on paper, but in practice it does not work.
Yes it does.

Quote :
You will take out one target and everyone will instantly target you.
You're doing it wrong.

Quote :
Assuming you manage to finish them off without gaining the aggro of everyone in a 5 mile radius, you'll end up having atleast some type of group chasing you and will be stunlocked and killed by shittons of bullets flying at you.
What the fuck are you doing to get that kind of aggro? You're doing it wrong.

Quote :
C.Veil is meant to help save you some damage by not letting stun slow you down during your escape, and or for (if you have the HP to support it) take out targets who are in a bit denser groups).
This is fine.

Quote :
It is unlikely that you'll find someone alone in the corner of the map with no broad radar and no way to kill and avoid you.
Are you implying that you can't stunlock someone with an aila? I'm pretty sure if an aila gets the first hit off in an ambush you already win right there.

Quote :
Your goal would be to take out people in the outskirts of the back of the group (this is where healers usually are).
This is fine.

I don't know why the hell you're dissing assassins, just because you can't do it doesn't mean everyone else can't do it either. You even have broad radar, what the fuck are you doing? It's piss easy to single someone out and kill them when they're literally ten feet away from their team and get out before you get any noticeable aggro.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Maybe you can go "assasinate" scrubs and randoms who have little to no clue how to play the game, but trying to sneak attack anyone who knows what the shit they're doing will either A) pillar/whirlwind you in the face B) wonderbit dodge and airloop/accel roll/hop out. It doesn't help that with Eris's introduction, Broad Radar become a lot lot lot more common to see. And since none of these builds have Stealth System, the first time you get locked onto (even the person you're stunlocking can do this) you'll be on radar for everyone for quite a while. Not many maps are big enough to kill someone and not have atleast 1-2 people see you doing it. And by not having Stealth System, so does everyone else on their team.

And I was moreso saying that at Zwiebel, who questioned why I tuned TGH on that build even though she's meant to be an "assasin."

For someone so busy playing Mabi, you sure do have plenty of time to make alts to trashtalk me.
Back to top Go down
baglander
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 am

Trill wrote:
Maybe you can go "assasinate" scrubs and randoms who have little to no clue how to play the game, but trying to sneak attack anyone who knows what the shit they're doing will either A) pillar/whirlwind you in the face B) wonderbit dodge and airloop/accel roll/hop out.
The entire point of sneak attacking with melee is to make sure you kill them. You're clearly doing something wrong if you can't win fights with the element of surprise.

>pillar/wind
It's not all that hard to just run back over to them and finish the job.
>wonderbit dodge
You're a fucking aila with SLOWS, wonderbit dodge doesn't mean shit.

Quote :
It doesn't help that with Eris's introduction, Broad Radar become a lot lot lot more common to see. And since none of these builds have Stealth System, the first time you get locked onto (even the person you're stunlocking can do this) you'll be on radar for everyone for quite a while.
Clearly this means your builds are flawed in that aspect then.

Quote :
Not many maps are big enough to kill someone and not have atleast 1-2 people see you doing it. And by not having Stealth System, so does everyone else on their team.
See above. I don't know what the hell you're doing trying to gank without stealth system. It doesn't mean shit if someone sees you killing them. What means anything is what they can do to you. A froglander sees you? That's fuckin' cool, he can go tell mommy and daddy what he saw today. If a vangaurd sees you? Drop everything and get the fuck out of there. The thing you don't seem to understand is that assassins don't always finish the job. The way you've been writing this, you've made it seem as if you stay there until the person dies. Part of the playstyle is knowing when you can't win and running away so you can continue doing what you've been doing.

Quote :
For someone so busy playing Mabi, you sure do have plenty of time to make alts to trashtalk me.
How am I trashtalking you? You've got some pretty high self importance here if you think the person saying these things matter. I would be getting on to anyone else if they said the same thing.

And yes, I have been very busy playing mabi. I've completed four generations (AKA storylines) so far and am currently on a fifth one. This current one I'm on is about Romeo and Juliet. Swag.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 am

wow, people talking about the usefulness of stealthsystem, i didnt see that in like ... half a year?

anyways: i agree with trill on this: all the posted builds lack stealth system and are thus second rate for assassination play.
if you want to play assassin style on aila you have to take both, broad radar and stealth system

on a sidenote: aila has other viable playstyles due to being able to switch the combat style mid match
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
wow, people talking about the usefulness of stealthsystem, i didnt see that in like ... half a year?

anyways: i agree with trill on this: all the posted builds lack stealth system and are thus second rate for assassination play.
if you want to play assassin style on aila you have to take both, broad radar and stealth system

on a sidenote: aila has other viable playstyles due to being able to switch the combat style mid match
I thought of trying to go full Wolfraid on my Aila alt. Forever freeze effect Embarassed

Oh btw about firepillars: Aila could pick up Anti Burning in theory...in theory...oh well, nvm.
Back to top Go down
Accidentally
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 pm

So what I'm seeing, Trill's build looks pretty solid and kinda what I'm after. 2 questions, is there a reason shes 12 tough instead of 11? Also, build looks really expensive painful to do without buying RT.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 pm

12 tgh is a breakpoint
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aila Build (Wrong section?)   Aila Build (Wrong section?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Aila Build (Wrong section?)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next