Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know how to make this even better?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

Anyone know how to make this even better? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know how to make this even better?   Anyone know how to make this even better? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:58 am

Anyone know how to make this even better? Screen10

So like the title says....
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make this even better?   Anyone know how to make this even better? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 am

>make it better
>barely done anything with it
>build arm BS

ಠ_ಠ

Nobody can help you if you don't have the slightest clue what direction you want to go with the bot, you have flooded yourself with gazillion weapon parts they you will NEVER use up all the ammo for. I understand how some people would like to have as much options as possible to prevent ammo problems or to cover different weaknesses, but what I'm seeing here are just redundancies.

Try to help yourself first before asking for help.

>"even better"

You are only allowed to say that when it's good to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make this even better?   Anyone know how to make this even better? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:00 pm

I think at this point in development any changes would make it better.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make this even better?   Anyone know how to make this even better? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:34 am

Clearly I asked the wrong question, thanks guys Smile

Ok so, "How do you turn this robot into a proper anti air?"
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make this even better?   Anyone know how to make this even better? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:44 am

I think their point is that what you've given is a pretty miserable setup, and so for the most part, as far as developing a better bot, it's best to scrap every part you have there and start from scratch, basically meaning all we have is a BD to work with.

Now, I'm not all that familiar with Gathima BD2 (I've never even seen a Gathima in CB yet). I have no idea how well its weapon works as anti-air in practice, so everything I write from here on out is purely numerics and slightly educated guessing.

Looking at its capabilities in the calc, it probably has major capa issues since it has very weak capa carts (+50/15). Compare Psycho Formula, who has the same capa carts, but doesn't have to worry about EIW, costs less and has more capa to begin with (among several other nice things). Significantly, he also doesn't get Short Boost, which doesn't really help for MB builds.

EIW does seem to be the first step - both carts give you 4 force, 60 ammo, and 105 speed (topping out at 470, which ain't no railgun but still fast enough to hit fast Airs if you aim it right, I would think). Given all this, it seems like you really can't support a proper alpha build (no Short Boost, capa issues), so if your goal is anti-air, I'd suggest trying out a mono-weapon build focused on his internal. Breakers can be general all-range type of weapons, so you don't really need a "back up weapon" to cover its weaknesses unless you are processing a longer-range weapon, in which case, the breakers end up as your backup.

Swap that awful BS for something nicer (Maril BS is a good start), and I won't feign any expertise in any non-BS recommendations for M Arts, but general direction being TEC and FLY. I have no idea what your library of parts is, but start from there (again, focused on TEC and FLY), practice with the weapon in matches. Weak cart choice, poor capa, and not exactly the best of stats gives little benefit for the core other than this internal - so if you want this to work, build around that internal to maximize its potential. On the plus side, at least you won't be burning your low capa on weapon tunes.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make this even better?   Anyone know how to make this even better? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:18 am

So I guess I'll get rid of the other breaker and keep the Missles AM and focus on EIW.

Also I followed everyone's suggestions, as well as suggestions on past threads for Gathima, and replaced my BS.

But I think I won't want to make my TEC anymore than it is and would focus on WLK, HP and TGH for quick escapes when I'm pursued.

Thanks for everyone's input Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know how to make this even better?   Anyone know how to make this even better? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know how to make this even better?
Page 1 of 1