Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Buridens, and related variants

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Buridens, and related variants Empty
PostSubject: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:51 pm

A feeble attempt to breathe a bit of life into one of the best builds ENCB never bothered with and built horribly when they did.

Why would I want to play a Buriden?
-Extremely fast, to the point where even tuned homing weapons can be dodged easily
-Massive scorewhores - 10k score off contrib alone is not only possible but frequent
-Highly durable as well as having massive damage output
-Few people play Buriden counters; even fewer are good enough to be threatening anyway
-They look cool
-Fun!

Variants
Buriden - Derived from ブリツ (buritsu; blitz, as in Blitz Blaster) and シャデン (shaden; x2 Shaden BS). Generally used for PS Breaking with a force-tuned Blitz Blaster while circling from heights beyond what anything can hit you from, though it will wreck anything medium sized or larger in no time flat as well. Also used as a general blanket term for any x2 Shaden BS bot.
Thoaraden - Uses a Thoarla AM3 or AM4, focuses entirely on fragging instead.
Burizelt - I don't know if this is a real term considering it doesn't really work in Japanese, but I've seen it thrown around in the EN community a few times so I'll roll with it :V It refers to a Blitzelt wielding a Blitz Blaster with the same intent as a buriden, typically using Accele Roll/Air Loop to compensate for the lack of speed/durability.

Other variants that (to my knowledge) never received any unique names include SDC, LL Plasma, Vector Eagles, and Vector Raids that utilize Blitzelt BS+Shaden BS,

How to build it
Stats:
-TEC will be 40, no exceptions.
-TGH varies based on variant, but should be aiming for 40 as well
-WLK and FLY should be lowered to 1
-STR is typically zeroed out; some players save 1 for Slayer/Propeller bits. Note that Propeller Bits only give x2 Boost with Shaden BS instead of x10, and that multi-lockon subweapons (FC, TBG, etc) can get up to three locks on you, which might be too much to avoid even with the increased speed.
-All revenge tunes are not only viable but recommended if the core can support it. CV keeps you airborne no matter what (even 40 TGH airs can be hard stunned by LL Blast, Icy, Monica, Fia, Linear Cannon, or Victorl AM3), Hypershot increases your damage output, Clearance resists Booster Trouble/Waste Booster from Nicole/Persenachia/Amateus/Monica.

Cartridges:
-Capa. If none of the below carts are necessary to you, it'll really just be capa.
-Stun Regain may be wanted, possibly.
-Fast Recovery is a viable alternative to Clearance.
-Boost Run can be somewhat useful for keeping speed while managing boost, and is much faster than simply running to a cliff with your 1 wlk to prepare to take off. Note that its boost consumption is even lower than prop bit flight.

Cores:
-High capa cores, ideally with high tec/tgh. Big Mountaiz, Gwyain, Geo F, Garulabird, Shaden, Vector Eagle, Vector Raid.
-Lower fly cores tend to be superior, as they tend to have the other desired stats in higher quantities.

Other parts:
Pretty straightforward.

HD - Cosmo Kaiser. There are other choices, but they're all gara and only provide aesthetic benefits.
AM - Air Raider if going negative STR, Accel Saber if saving it
LG - Izuna if going negative STR, Thoarla if saving it

And now, sample builds:

Retro Buriden:

Thoaraden:

Vector Eagle (3x Hypershot):

Modern Buriden, 3x Clearance, lv5 room usable:

Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:00 pm

@Suguri wrote:

-Clearance resists Booster Trouble/Waste Booster from Nicole/Persenachia/Amateus/Monica.

noteworthy addition that not everyone might know yet: clearence blocks booster drain
Back to top Go down
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:05 pm

I haz 28 tec and bored radar on my Vectoriden. I have been doing it wrong ; _ ;
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:58 pm

What is the total flight time on one?
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 am

I knew it was a good idea to post that shop.

@Halexander wrote:
Assuming what Suguri said was right, Shaden BS's flight time is x10 that of the original (10 seconds), which yields 100 seconds. The utmost maximum you can get out of 2 Shaden BSes would be 200 seconds. Provided boost run's boost gauge is x2.5 that of the boost gauge, then a single Shaden BS will last 250 seconds (500 w/ 2).

I has a request for you Suguri. I request of you to get a Vector Raid, and throw a Shaden BS w/ Blitzelt BS on it. Activate Blitzelt BS, and tell me if their multipliers (x6, x10) stack.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:28 am

@Fireflywater wrote:
I knew it was a good idea to post that shop.
Mountaiz was one of the two main buriden cores ever since mid '09 at least, alongside Gwyain.

@Fireflywater wrote:
@Halexander wrote:
Assuming what Suguri said was right, Shaden BS's flight time is x10 that of the original (10 seconds), which yields 100 seconds. The utmost maximum you can get out of 2 Shaden BSes would be 200 seconds. Provided boost run's boost gauge is x2.5 that of the boost gauge, then a single Shaden BS will last 250 seconds (500 w/ 2).
I didn't actually say anything to that effect, and all those numbers are off.

Shaden BS provides 50 seconds of flight; 100 seconds for using two. Between str/tec balance and improper boost scaling you can maybe add an extra 40 seconds or so using prop bits (assuming you'd get two activations and they don't get prematurely blown up), but you'll probably run out of ammo first anyway.

@Fireflywater wrote:
I has a request for you Suguri. I request of you to get a Vector Raid, and throw a Shaden BS w/ Blitzelt BS on it. Activate Blitzelt BS, and tell me if their multipliers (x6, x10) stack.
2 minutes of flight assuming you use two wonder drugs.
Back to top Go down
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethereal

Male Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 am

I'd like to mention here the possibility of *infinite* shaden boost because of Aquila-chan's Full-Boost circle.

Theoretically speaking you don't even need the 2nd shaden booster as long as you make it back in time for the refuel (even Full-Boost circles can't recharge a totally depleted booster).
This means you free up 150 capa that can be dedicated to other tunes.

On the other hand though, you do need someone altruistic enough to run refuel+repair+ammo farming chibi to back you up so you can go wild with your shaden build.

Back to top Go down
qwerrty
Newcomer
Newcomer
qwerrty

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:35 am

Wouldn't it be better to just tune for around 23 TEC if you consider using Blitzblaster?

I'd rather tune for more HP, around 700 would be fine because as a Buriden you go down really fast most of the time.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:52 am

Then you're doing it wrong. Pretty much seraph speed at a ridiculous height?

4-500 HP is more than enough.
Back to top Go down
qwerrty
Newcomer
Newcomer
qwerrty

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:01 am

500 HP lets you survive an average of around 50 seconds on most maps if the enemy team has or any decent art.

Most maps don't have a really high ceiling and a PS, and most of the enemy team will be shooting you, not to mention that your turning speed is really bad and you can't really do anything against mialy bits and can do nothing against monica but feed. Even with 500+ Hp 2xrevengeCV and a capa tune I don't manage to survive a very long time except on green field or tiling float.

Honestly, seraphs with a beamshotgun are much better for breaking powerspots.

Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Small question, does Butterflea HD3 restore Shaden BSes' boost gauge despite not purging? Trill won't answer me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buridens, and related variants   Buridens, and related variants Empty

Back to top Go down

Buridens, and related variants
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Air Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com