Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

A guide to Greinaut

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

A guide to Greinaut Empty
PostSubject: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:35 am

So, have you ever tought that bot is hopeless ? Too slow, too weak, too few hp ? That I was thinking. But I spent some time on it, and now I'm sure Greinaut have a great potential. It's just... well, he do nothing as the others. Whatever you use the Greinaut T1 or T2. Notice : The Greinaut T1 is called Greinaut, basically. To be sure you'll not misunderstand what I said, I'll call it Greinaut T1.

1) Gravity Fields

Let's start with why Greinaut exist : the gravity fields. If you tried them and think they don't suit you at all, just pass. Players trying to play Greinaut as a ART will fail in a epic shame. Even without the close combat weakness. That doesn't mean he can be played as, but you need first to master the fields, then thinking about weapons.
This is also the widest difference bewteen Greinaut T1 and Greinaut T2.
The basic for those who never tried Greinaut : the bot is able to generate gravity fields. The orange one tend to repulse enemies. The violet one tend to attract them. Both effects are centered.... on the center, obviously ! The fields are spherics.
Now you know the basics, let's speak about the differences and the identicals points of gravity fields :
Commons :
Can be charged
Have the same strength (I can't proove it with numbers, but I'm pretty sure of that)
(Attract only) Have the same diameter
Give a ridiculously low amount of Support points.
You've 7 ammos for each field. 1 field=1 ammo, which ever you charge it or not.

Differences :
The Violet gravity field is centered on your Greinaut for the T1, and above you for the T2 (one time your height)
The Orange gravity field is centered on your Greinaut for the T1, and in front of you for the T2 (the center is something like at a throw weapon range)
(Repulse only) Don't have the same basic diameter (but nothing really noticeable)

Some tips :
Charging a field increase his diameter BUT reduce his strength AND his staying time. You've to catch that, this is really important. Also charging a field take a lot of time (something like 3-5 sec for a full charge), reducing the chance of trapping a moving target.
The field can pass through wall. That mean you can trap someone as he can't see you, especially with the attractive field of Greinaut T1.
I've a doubt about it, but it seems like Enhance Core weapon work on the strength of the field (I noticed a reduced numbers of LND units able to flee as I used this custom cartridge, and someone help me to try and said this is noticeably harder). But the Cartridge seems to work only on that, and don't work on ammo, diameter or staying time. Anyway the strength bonus worth as LND units, your worst ennemies, will have more difficulties hitting you.
Using a field disable ALL, yes ALL your sub weapons during the reload time !

2)T1 or T2 ?

That's a difficult question. Some people would say, the one you got from garapon ! But thinking that is not really good, because even with a big numbers of similars point, the two versions of Greinaut can't be played the same way. As the fielders can be changed at all, whichever parts you use, the way you'll deal with the fields will be the same, only depending of the version. So let's summaries.

Being a T1 : The Greinaut T1 is by far easier to play than the T2, because he've two weapons included in arms (low damage, middle range, high ammo, make him able to stand a fight longer) and more important, fields really more useful in his self defense. Why that? Because both of field are centered on him. And as a not charged field is stronger (even if the diameter is shorter), you'll be able to flee a LND units easily. A Ivis come in your way ? Just use a non charged attractive field. Fast launch, fast trap, fast kill. If the ivis haven't a WLK boost (an additional WLK boost if you got 2 enhance core weapon). And even if you run out of attractive field, the repulsive one will work as well, defending you better (you can move in the field forcing the enemy to travel more than half of the diameter, and pass trough you once it pass the center), but allowing the enemy to flee easily. That sound obvious, but the attractive is really more suited for trap, and the repulsive for defense. I call the T1 the Soloing Greinaut, because he's a reliable bot in 1vs1 (maybe not against AIR bots, but the fight is not impossible, depending of your weapons). He tend to be good against LND units with moderate WLK (less than 25, I would say), balanced against the ART (less firepower, more move, no malus against explosions), balanced against SUP (depend who got which weapon) and weak against AIR (they hit you really easily). Yep, AIR is the word that will make you do nightmares. You haven't ART heavy weapons, especially missile. You're not really good on moving. You've not that much HP. The only good way to handle them is taking bazookas weapons, even if that mean moving reduction, and tune up for bullet speed (a Ancient bazooka is a benediction in this case, due to good stats and only -1 FLY malus).

Being a T2 : The T2 is tricky, because the repulsive field appear in front of you and the attractive above you. Yes, now you got no real protection against LND units (reaching the repulsive field will be too hard once someone attack you in close combat). I call it the Teamer Greinaut. For example, if you're behind a wall and see a AIR unit coming your way, having a good timing with attractive field can trap the AIR unit. But you'll often not be able to kill it because fields don't work better on AIR units, and they tend to move faster than LND units. But if an ART is with you, the combination of multiple guided weapons and attraction will stun lock the enemy really easily, and often this will be a kill. In the same way, you can stop a fleeing enemy in a close space as repulsive field appear in front of you. A ART unit will not pass through the field, even if he's taking altitude.
Unfortunately I didn't tested the Greinaut T2 for long, so I'll not stay longer on the subject. Just notice that the T2 arms don't have included weapons, and obviously cost less.

3) The stats, tunes up

Basically, Greinaut T2 have more WLK and FLY, and less TEC and TGH (but nothing to scream your head off, something like 1-2 point). Both have 375 HP. T2 cost 670, T1 720 (due to the arms). Mediums stats. Both have medium/low max capacity for a L unit.

The recommended tunes up :
FLY enhance or WLK enhance, depending of which your prefer.
TEC enhance
TGH enhance
HP enhance

You can proportionnate these as you like, personnally I would tend to FLY>HP>TEC>TGH. Tactician one day, tactician all day. Anyway just don't tune up Full TEC, you're not an ART, you need to move.

4) Customisation

All the parts of Greinaut T1 or T2 are globally good and well suited for them. Anyway, I would advise you using, if you wanna focus on FLY, the T1 arms whichever you use Greinaut T1 or T2, and the T2 head. But if you want to turn it more WLK you've to change legs because they give only FLY and a low HP amount.

5) Weapons

A lot of weapons suit Greinaut well, so I'll just refer to the most efficients I noticed :

Ancient Bazooka. A good anti air weapon, which don't really kill your speed. Maybe a little lack of ammo
Twisted/Tornado Fan. Especially good with Greinaut T2. Knock back enemies under a Attractive field and you'll see them miserably trying to flee the field ! Also anti LND units
Viper Shield/Shotgun Shield. Especially good with Greinaut T1. Make you harder to kill for AIR units. If you want move firepower, the shotgun shield. More tune up, the viper.
Multi Curving Gun. This is 2 times the weapon in your arms. It shoot 4 bullets but T1 arms attack x2 faster. A massive rampage on LND units, especially with T1. Trapped LND won't live for long with these. Considered as a Beam weapon.
Raid/Assault Rifle. Globally good on every side, reliable if you like them.
Handy Bazooka. Need any explanations ?
Particle Gun Mod. Massive damage, massive speed, minimum cost. Considered as a beam weapon. Can be earn only in lucky cubes. Take this if you really don't like LND units. Lack of ammo (160x5 shot).

6) Custom Cartridges

Both T1 and T2 have exactly the same Cartridge

Raise cost capacity : +60 capacity, +11 HP <15 cost/6 available>. A must have. If you really like Greinaut, feel free to release his lvl limit to take them all !

Enhance internal weapon : A very good cartridge. Tend to strengthing your fields. If you want to be a real gravity master, take these !

Hum hum. Well all of these took 8 cartridges if you take them all, so you've two cartridge left. Personally, I'll probably stop at lvl 8 because none of the followings suit me at all. But let's speak about them anyway.

**** Guard... Choose whichever you want, depend only of your preferences.

Sway : More suited for WLK Greinaut. Useful to find safely a good location for a field even under attack.

Absorb bump : You like being outside the arena, don't you ?

Tough Wonder Bit : Greinaut is a SUP unit, did you forget ? If you like Wonder bit like Repair Bit, take it !

Wonder Rate up : mmmmh. No.

Boost run : for WLK Greinaut. Useful to scout without taking big risks.

Tough Runner : for WLK Greinaut. Make you able to flee easily if someone trapped you.

Broad Radar : mather of preferences. Just don't forget Greinaut have low max capacity, and 30 more cost for that is high. And even if you see the enemies, you won't be able to follow them (less tune up > less speed). And AIR units will still hit you easily.

Stealth system : No no and no. Just ridiculous on Greinaut. 40 cost, so you'll no be fast enough to flee/pursuit on the enemy territory.

I hope this guide will help you !
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:28 am

Greinaut T1 and T2 are both Garapon only, lol.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:51 am

@Hyoka wrote:
Err, that's mentioned in the guide... though I get what you mean, a lot of effort put into a bot that only a handful of people will ever get.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 8:17 am

@Feign wrote:
@Hyoka wrote:
Err, that's mentioned in the guide... though I get what you mean, a lot of effort put into a bot that only a handful of people will ever get.

Read this part again:

Quote :
2)T1 or T2 ?

That's a difficult question. Some people would say, the one you got from garapon !

Then you'll get what I mean >.>
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 12:38 pm

I read that as meaning whichever one you end up with, rather than trying for a specific one of the two.

Nice work on the guide, good explanation and detail of the abilities, pros/cons.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 pm

@Hyoka wrote:

This was a kind of joke, meaning the two bot seems to be the sames.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Weak Veteran
Wolf Hikari

Male Posts : 2980

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:34 am

Can someone explain me what is this?
Back to top Go down
zarbados
Newcomer
Newcomer
zarbados

Male Posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:42 pm

thank's this guide is the best that i found....

always wolf hikari this is a guide 4 a greinaut
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 pm

might just be me but:

i never saw a "Greinaut T1", so do you mean "Greinaut" ?
if that is the case, normal greinaut is aviable in the shop, while "Greinaut T2" and the unmentioned "Greinaut G9" are Garapon only bots.

i might be wrong and there is an actual "Greinaut T1" so yeah. I just thought the description of it fit pretty much onto "Greinaut" and since its a shopbot, i didnt quite understand all those comments that its a garapon only bot (which wouldnt be true if "Greinaut T1" is indeed "Greinaut")
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:01 pm

Hello necrobump.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:16 pm

About Greinaut:

- For some reason he is the slowest bot I have used... I have tried with 40 wlk, boost run and he is like a giant turtle. Looks like fly works better but runs out so quickly that u will not be able to runaway.

but I love to use G, the attraction or rejection fields its awesome!!!

I used to use him as a Alpha support... 30 tec, 33 wlk.. normally under PS with Attraction trap when u see a lnd coming after u! I use Blast and Beam Guard or Sword and Beam Guard.
But for some reason in the current meta ppls doesn't shot the trapped enemy, they just ignore and goes to front.

It was funny to see 1 or 2 bot trapped next to our ps when u r healing ur tram and shooting him to death...! I remember to see ppls that stop moving just waiting for death!

xd! Thanks, u made me remember good times!
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:13 pm

Godammned it stop necroing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guide to Greinaut   A guide to Greinaut Empty

Back to top Go down

A guide to Greinaut
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Support Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com