Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[5/30] Useful non-gara resources

Go down 
+17
Mew
Nymph~
mechaRev
CupcakeMew
Turkeysaur
IncuSlave
Tuskin
nzlk
FireKiller87
CapeMike
Astral_Dono
Trill
tehprognoob
Hyoka
Malphes
ziix
Suguri
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

[5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Suguri wrote:
Turkeysaur wrote:
What nontuned CN BD + Grandum BS can do (in a zero-less type room I believe):

Spoiler:

Now figure how well a fully tuned L-zook Destructor can do, but still can't compete against the all-brutal Victorl.

But whatever, I believe most people will keep on playing cheesy Monica and ruining sups' day.
Yeah, Grandum BS CN is great. Matsuy does really well with one, albeit using an LL Blast.

Shame nobody uses Grandum BS due to the "fatart = bad" mentality. Its homing is really good, even if the missile speed isn't.

The only problem I see with Grandum BS + CN is the high cost that comes with Grandum BS, since CN isn't particularly high on capacity in the first place. You'd be a bit squeezed for capacity, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Tuskin wrote:
-A lot of these are glass cannon builds: Low tgh, no guard catridges, etc. They will not last much and some of these bots are just asking to get shot at. For example that Izuna hopper will most likely get obliterated by only one competent guy using a large/pump zooka (or any other type of large sized bullet weapons). Same goes for the pulsardio (lacks tgh, no guard cats) because of its size. Aaaaand considering you are saying these guys are intended to be tourney viable...good luck.
I kept tgh in mind when posting these; most of these builds are higher on tgh than my builds, in fact (majority of mine are 7~12; lowest value any of these builds have is 12).

On most bots I don't find guards all that valuable, mostly because you're giving up mobility carts/broad radar/stun regain to fit them. That and your bot type's weakness is usually the weapon type you're worrying about most, ignoring shell. For example Beam Guard's redundant on arts that can easily stun airs, especially if they have a force barrier/buckler, and unless you're playing highly aggressively the only blast-type weapons that are likely to hit you are bazookas (which almost nobody plays aggressively with anymore), or EX-Blade Inferno (as an ART you're a pretty common target for Eris, so I would take Blast Guard for this alone if there's room for it; and I did on both the Hoverion and Psycho Formula builds).

I'd know personally that most of the bots used in each tournament's finals had no guards whatsoever too, maybe one tops.

Also, as stated on the Pulsardio build, it's lv9 and has remaining capa. There's room to take a guard if you want one.

Spoiler:

FireKiller87 wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Turkeysaur wrote:
What nontuned CN BD + Grandum BS can do (in a zero-less type room I believe):

Spoiler:

Now figure how well a fully tuned L-zook Destructor can do, but still can't compete against the all-brutal Victorl.

But whatever, I believe most people will keep on playing cheesy Monica and ruining sups' day.
Yeah, Grandum BS CN is great. Matsuy does really well with one, albeit using an LL Blast.

Shame nobody uses Grandum BS due to the "fatart = bad" mentality. Its homing is really good, even if the missile speed isn't.

The only problem I see with Grandum BS + CN is the high cost that comes with Grandum BS, since CN isn't particularly high on capacity in the first place. You'd be a bit squeezed for capacity, IIRC.
You can get 40 tec 34 fly and still have room to tune 600 HP with Accele Roll on a grandum bs + x2 pompom build.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Meh, I guess so...there's really no reason to take a handheld weapon on CN since it's got a nice core bazooka already.
However I'd predict a lot of people will look at him, say "Shitty capacity" and junk him despite his plus sides.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 pm

If I ever get the capacity for it, I'd consider sticking a Grandum Bs on a Desu Max for total missile-hell...wonder if that right-click combo would even work.... *ponders*

...but yeah, underestimate Desu Cn at your own risk! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:19 pm

i was wondering, which would go better with grandum bs, cn or normal dest?
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Normal IMO

CN could work too
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Grandum BS works well with any Boiledeck (cept HARD), TB Baz, Magna and Maxis. The reason why nobody uses it is because, besides being too attached to their preconstructed OP moes, L sizes gets heavily punished by laggers. Ask yourselves if Erohime will find it funny to have Indoana, Gammy, OpFor, insertallCBenlaggersheresoIdon'tkillyouofboredom shooting his Destructors.

150 ms threshold latency room.

When.

Also, Titan zook.

Where ;_;
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:59 pm

DaneDroid wrote:
i was wondering, which would go better with grandum bs, cn or normal dest?
Grandum's redundant on normal Desu imo, considering he already has quad lockon subweapon missiles. Then again those ones are AA missiles, but Grandum missiles are still 80% blast so I don't see the point.

Turkeysaur wrote:
Also, Titan zook.

Where ;_;
More like why. Compare it to L-Baz, it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:14 am

Suguri wrote:

I think the real problem use grandum BS is kinda like shouting "ra*e me pls" to enemy Razz

Suguri wrote:
or EX-Blade Inferno (as an ART you're a pretty common target for Eris, so I would take Blast Guard for this alone if there's room for it; and I did on both the Hoverion and Psycho Formula builds).

Ex-blade inferno explosion either shell or neutral, darkness hide bonus damage is blast mostly. doesn't really matter anyway cuz an art pretty much screwed when didn't see eris come and got hit by them .__.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:50 am

wait, suguri, so i shouldn't use grandum BS on my destructor? wut?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Spoiler:
This is probably what I'd prefer to do, since I honestly play too aggressive on artillery for my own good, so the lower cost would probably help me not feed like an ass.

As for which destructor, I think they meant CN, since he has a main weapon there's no need to take one on him.

Edit: Speaking of Megaton, why isnt he on here? Sure he's not as mobile but he's pretty low cost

Spoiler:

I like his stats for his cost :<

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Guess I'll have to look at Megaton core. It's probably the only shop art I haven't looked at. c3: Only person I even know that uses one is AlphaA7 and I never saw him use it outside xz's 1v1 tournament.

EDIT: Alright yeah, he's worth his cost for sure. I'll add him.

EDIT2: Added with a build (move the 3rd tune on maril bs to ace earrings because >3s maril bs >shop)
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm

BTW Sururi Desu core is just as good as Grandum ww

Put 2X maril BS on him and he's a lot easier to handle

you converted me
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Suguri wrote:
Guess I'll have to look at Megaton core. It's probably the only shop art I haven't looked at. c3: Only person I even know that uses one is AlphaA7 and I never saw him use it outside xz's 1v1 tournament.

EDIT: Alright yeah, he's worth his cost for sure. I'll add him.

EDIT2: Added with a build (move the 3rd tune on maril bs to ace earrings because >3s maril bs >shop)

I recall bippu using one.

But, that was AGES AGO.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 am

Mew wrote:

I recall bippu using one.
Hnnnnnnng
Back to top Go down
Zwelivelle
Zwelivelle

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:47 am

I vote for King Gigaton

If mobility is not needed:

Burst Fire with mobility:

4 arms with reasonable mobility:
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 am

lmao
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:03 am

HD crimrose having built-in accel roll makes her rather amazing for a number of low cost, medium fly builds.
Back to top Go down
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Leriel

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 pm

Woolmerry , hogroid, Wardus, nuttz bombritsu and King Daruma Star doko ????
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Zwelivelle wrote:
I vote for King Gigaton
Yeah, just looked at his core for the first time a day or two ago. Always assumed he was just Destructor without missiles, but his core is actually amazing.

Zwelivelle wrote:
builds
No.

Winty wrote:
HD crimrose having built-in accel roll makes her rather amazing for a number of low cost, medium fly builds.
Yeah, she's pretty cool. She didn't exist yet when I made this.

Should probably also make mention of Bloom Mariah, since she's probably the best S-AIR core and is UC.

Leriel wrote:
Woolmerry , hogroid, Wardus, nuttz bombritsu and King Daruma Star doko ????
Woolmerry is ass, Hogroid...you could probably make a case for, the other three didn't exist yet but Centaur X BD is comparable to Wardus with better carts.
Back to top Go down
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Leriel

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:35 am

Centaur X has better carts than Wardus!? waddddddd
Centaur BD is fatter than Wardus.
Wardus has better cart choices compared to centaur.
Quick Jump, Stanley Gain, Broad Radar.
Only thing Centaur has while Wardus don't have is tough wonder bit cart.
King Daruma Star BD has default mini burst fire bit. Enough capas for phenom magnet gun build and cost efficiency purpose.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:51 am

Oh, I meant stats, not carts. Didn't actually know Wardus' carts were that good. His stats are really polarized toward melee though while Centaur X's are more well-rounded.

King Dharma's decent I guess.
Back to top Go down
Zwelivelle
Zwelivelle

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Suguri wrote:
Zwelivelle wrote:
I vote for King Gigaton
Yeah, just looked at his core for the first time a day or two ago. Always assumed he was just Destructor without missiles, but his core is actually amazing.

Zwelivelle wrote:
builds
No.
Just want to show how it can handle such cost. I can't find another ART that can handle 4 Toybox arms and still left us a room for tuning without adding capa tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [5/30] Useful non-gara resources   [5/30] Useful non-gara resources - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[5/30] Useful non-gara resources
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2