Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A sad player from the good'ole days

Go down 
+12
LS3
MagicPotatoplz
zerocl
milk
ziix
Malphes
Mew
Gerrion
JLNR
Suki_Eve
Raven
grimstrife
16 posters
AuthorMessage
grimstrife
Newcomer
Newcomer

A sad player from the good'ole days Empty
PostSubject: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:41 pm

I remember when i first started playing cosmic break. Its was easily one of my all time favorite games. I loved to collect bots and build my own customs. It was so much fun, and as long as you but a little work into bot builds they all preformed fine with a little skill behind them. So it went for a while. A joyus time it was as we flew around blowing the crap out of each other. Unfortunately it would not last, for the days of pay to win were coming... affraid

All joking aside, what happened? I loved this game. It was sooooooooo GOOD! I stopped playing about two years ago when they started coming out with all these cash shop bots that made everyone not buying obsolete. Truth is I and others could still over come them given the proper tactics, I just really didnt appriciate it. Today while sitting in a pit of boredom I decided to download cosmic break which surely must have fixed itself and gave it a spin. I was sadly dissapointed. Sad

I got on, strapped into my custom bots and proceeded to get smeered across evey battle field by stun locks and energy ball spewing little women in tightly clad armor. I didn't see a single custom bot and 1 or 2 non meta i think is what they called them. What were jokingly called troll bots (30-40 point stats) back in the good old days would have wet them selves when facing one of these little women.

My point is the game is borken. Its not about having fun and building a bot, it seems to be about dumping some cash and then WIN, rinse and repeat. Some of these players were just sloppy, flying all over the battle field flialing around until they managed to hit someone, then it was STUN LOCK FTW!!!

I also noticed the population was gone. The most I saw on was 130-135 on one server. I used to play with well over 300 on the first and second servers. This is not an anger post. I have not mentioned any bot or my skill level in specific for a reason. I just miss cosmic break the game was great. Crying or Very sad

Peace and love to all.
Old player signing off.

Last edited by grimstrife on Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:49 pm

It's been going on for a while really. Customization is virtually impossible when every bot arena-viable is now a pre-made locked part top prize moebot.

You can still customize your mechas, but even most of those are limited to "unless you build it like this, you're still not going to succeed." And due to everyone not wanting to think outside of locked-part pre-made moes, it's not like you get to see a lot of that customization anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:40 pm

Seems like every month there's a rant topic. >>;

Yes the game has its limitations now that moes are EVERYWHERE. But that's how CS decided to market the game, and generate income.

But it's still viable to play, regardless of the prebuilts. It just requires a lot more patience, luck, consideration, and knowledge about what bots you get, how you get them, how you'll play them, and how you'll build them.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Customization left the building once they introduced HD bots.

This game isn't about mecha or customization anymore.

Now it's just tits.

Which is fine with Suki, she supposes, but she likes making her moes wear lewd outfits.
Back to top Go down
JLNR
Newcomer
Newcomer
JLNR

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

welcome to present cosmicbreak

you will need root or superior skills to survive
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Most ppl have the same opinions as me: i remember using Izuna, Geo F and Destructor during the simple days. I was considered one of the best Air players in my clan before it became deserted.

Then came a wholesome of moes, from Inventors to New Year to Initium and Wing.

Geo F is still good to go, though i junked him because my build required to lvl him from scrap.

My Destructor has evolved to a fully tuned Destructor Max, which was my first sucesfull tuning experiment (big thanks to Astral here).

And my Izuna...well, i'm planning to tune her too, but after Geo F, which will take quite a while. And so my third seat is occupied by Akane while i lvl him up, which was leveled/tuned at the same time as my All Blue.

I still remembered when going through rough times with my assembled Geo F. Just trying to survive while attempting to get in the top 10 was a constant challenge. And the only decent weapon i had for him was a gift from kind xz: a half-tuned SDC.

Saddly, times have changed and things got really harder. Things are thinnly viable for UC users, but it can break very soon. I just hope things really get better.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Camp in the < 3 BR or 2-4 BR rooms.

They're nice and casual.

Plus you can use goof bots there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:49 pm

The game used to be really fun until people started getting over-competitive and too serious about everything. Currently there are the skilled mecha only players who discriminate against rare moebot players, and label them as fags with no skill whatsoever and blame them for just about everything there is to blame them for. These skilled mecha only players often have a superiority complex and seem to feel superior to those who use rare moebots with locked parts and tits etc. These skilled mecha only players don't really understand that some players just want to have fun and some people just like how their rare moebot looks (think of a man in his 20's holding a barbie doll anime figure) and these people don't really want to become very competitive.

There are amateurs who just want to have fun and people who like the various gimmicks of these rare moebots and like to play around and these people are also getting the blame for those who abuse rare moebots. Some of these people are willing to or are also using mechas. There are also people who use rare moebots for the wrong reasons, they get an OP moebot and heavily rely on its potential and mistake them for skill, think they're good players but don't do well without anything OP. It's quite sad that the amateurs I mentioned earlier are lumped together with the latter and discriminated against just because they use rare moebots.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Pacifar is still customizable.

But, I do agree with you.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:51 pm

LXE wrote:
Currently there are the skilled mecha only players who discriminate against rare moebot players, and label them as fags with no skill whatsoever and blame them for just about everything there is to blame them for. These skilled mecha only players often have a superiority complex and seem to feel superior to those who use rare moebots with locked parts and tits etc.
we hang out too much if you know us this well
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:59 pm

grimstrife wrote:

Old player signing off.
YOU HAVE BEEN SAVED!
REJOICE
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:21 am

i sorta.
KINDA.
understand what op was going through.

but even back when i was in beta i just did whatever and messed around way too much.
i can't for the hell of me figure out why i did so many silly things like that.

why the hell am i getting competitive now even though i was taking it so damn easy in beta? ;_;

i'd probably be a shitty player if i stayed since the beginning either way.
just because i always end up not giving a shit after a while.
hell, that's probably why i left in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:40 am

Malphes wrote:
LXE wrote:
Currently there are the skilled mecha only players who discriminate against rare moebot players, and label them as fags with no skill whatsoever and blame them for just about everything there is to blame them for. These skilled mecha only players often have a superiority complex and seem to feel superior to those who use rare moebots with locked parts and tits etc.
we hang out too much if you know us this well
I've been in the game too long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:51 pm

LXE wrote:
The game used to be really fun until people started getting over-competitive and too serious about everything. Currently there are the skilled mecha only players who discriminate against rare moebot players

This, this forever, and only this. Couldn't have said it better myself. I remember when people used to be cool, but nowadays it's shit. Don't get me wrong I complain myself, but just today I used aquila girl for like 1-3 matches in a BRD room, and revelske starts going apeshit, saying I was brain damaged, and adding logic into a pointless arguement. It pissed me off and he kept bitching, assuming I used AG all the time which I don't, saying all this crap in front of his clannies. It's shit like this that pushes us older players away, but I play for fun. If he wanted to be a sore loser he coulda just asked not for me to use it, instead of crying like a dog.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:08 am

>CB
>FUN
pick one
But srsly, the game was playable until the last two (?), "updates"; first, Initium comes to an overpowered level that surpass every shit know at the moment, invalidating builds and bots like there's no tomorrow (Don't come with the bullshit about "adapting to the current meta" please), then Wing gara with the frame killing moes and mass lag, and now we have an ALL PICK EASY MODE ballistic launcher moe (at least she can be killed without taking like 56 kills unlike Initium moes, oh wait, she denies herself :V) and so on.
But yeah, I know that feeling.jpg bro
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:16 am

zerocl wrote:
But srsly, the game was playable until the last two (?), "updates"; first, Initium comes to an overpowered level that surpass every shit know at the moment, invalidating builds and bots like there's no tomorrow (Don't come with the bullshit about "adapting to the current meta" please), then Wing gara with the frame killing moes and mass lag, and now we have an ALL PICK EASY MODE ballistic launcher moe (at least she can be killed without taking like 56 kills like Initium moes, oh wait, she denies herself :V) and so on.

I played CB all today.
And I can honestly say there was not one match I played without a Harukane. And of course this lead to everyone's excuse of, "Well the other team has 3 ivises and 3 erises and koi and hikaru and 6 other reshas and 3 monicas, so me using eris is fair"

Needless to say I didn't enjoy even half of one match I played today.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:18 am

Suki_Eve wrote:
Camp in the < 3 BR or 2-4 BR rooms.

They're nice and casual.

Plus you can use goof bots there.

gewd idea, but I'm always bouncing over 4 here and there. But always drop on purpose when goofing around with my "fun" bots. But whenever I play low Br. rooms, I always end up getting my BR. to go skyrocketing up again. How 2 do dis without going above four all the time QWQ
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:58 am

MagicPotatoplz wrote:
Well the other team has 3 ivises and 3 erises and koi and hikaru and 6 other reshas and 3 monicas, so me using eris is fair
admit dat they suck in dis game. ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:32 am

zerocl wrote:
>CB
>FUN
pick one
But srsly, the game was playable until the last two (?), "updates"; first, Initium comes to an overpowered level that surpass every shit know at the moment, invalidating builds and bots like there's no tomorrow (Don't come with the bullshit about "adapting to the current meta" please), then Wing gara with the frame killing moes and mass lag, and now we have an ALL PICK EASY MODE ballistic launcher moe (at least she can be killed without taking like 56 kills unlike Initium moes, oh wait, she denies herself :V) and so on.
But yeah, I know that feeling.jpg bro

There's two options?

But seriously, I find the broken bots a bigger challenge as much as I friggin' hate them. It's ever so satisfying to be able to find a legit way to kill a zero / wing without using OP shit. Like using my dracken to kill an eris is such a great feeling, or using him to kill a vox resha.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:27 am

the only question I'll ask is whether the population has gotten better or not.
Back to top Go down
AP0411
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AP0411

Male Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyFri May 18, 2012 2:18 pm

necrio wrote:
the only question I'll ask is whether the population has gotten better or not.

probably got worse since i remember seeing around 250-300 players in channel 1 around 6-8 months ago, and it's not even sunday

compare it with nowadays when the logged in players are around 180-240 from all three channels combined, in sundays

anyways, i really wish that CS will fix the game by making a weapon class restricted rooms where only the old version and non-OP bots (and weapons) are allowed to enter. that way, we can leave the OP bots to fight another OP bots with their capitalist moves while those considered obsolete can fight for fun with their real skills (i miss the times when Lazflamme and Mechled can be found in arenas)
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyFri May 18, 2012 5:14 pm

AP0411 wrote:
anyways, i really wish that CS will fix the game by making a weapon class restricted rooms where only the old version and non-OP bots (and weapons) are allowed to enter. that way, we can leave the OP bots to fight another OP bots with their capitalist moves while those considered obsolete can fight for fun with their real skills (i miss the times when Lazflamme and Mechled can be found in arenas)

Except that there are a ridiculous amount of problems with this idea, so they would never think about doing it.
Also, population is usually highest (not counting Bazaar or other big events, such as Lurking Evil) after maintenance on Thursdays, and most active on Friday nights (server time).
Back to top Go down
Melencholy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Melencholy

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days EmptyTue May 22, 2012 2:08 am

Ahh, the Good Ol' Days of Cosmic Break.

When all the bots were UC and there was no Garapon.

Where everyone was Free to Have fun with no OP Bots killing them so easily.

When the Population was very high.

When there was Competition, but it was fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sad player from the good'ole days   A sad player from the good'ole days Empty

Back to top Go down

A sad player from the good'ole days
Page 1 of 1