Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh boy...

Go down 
+16
Klinkin
Mew
dsp
MagicPotatoplz
tehprognoob
necrodrakath
Turkeysaur
God is a Cat Girl
NoizeGT
zerocl
Aurum_Sol
Gerrion
UncleBobbie
Hyoka
ziix
Tuskin
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:44 am

Oh boy... E70AV

Quote :
Stock values for social gaming giants DeNA and GREE plummeted over 20% today following a weekend report that the Consumer Affairs Agency will be asking that game makers stop the use of a sales method known as "kompu gacha." According to the report, which first appeared in The Yomiuri Shimbun, the agency believes that this sales method violates certain sales laws.

Kompu Gacha, or "Complete Gacha", is an advanced form of gacha. In traditional gacha, players insert money into vending machines to get a capsule containing a random toy. Many free-to-play social games get revenue from a digital version of this, where the prizes are virtual items.

Complete Gacha requires that players collect a particular set of items through the standard gacha games in order to obtain rare "grand prize" items. According to the Yomiuri report, kompu gacha games have become the main revenue source for operators of SNS gaming services.

Bloomberg received confirmation today from Consumer Affairs Agency representative that investigations into the legality of the kompu gacha sales method are under way and that a formal statement will be issued soon.

Tokai Tokyo Securities market analyst Makoto Sengoku warned Bloomberg that if kompu gacha sales tactics are regulated, social game makers will see a pillar of their earnings crumble.

I think I've seen that method already...

Last edited by Tuskin on Mon May 07, 2012 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:46 am

This thread is pure win.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:56 am

Tuskin wrote:
Oh boy...
Indeed ; _ ;

But Garapwn would still be there.....||||orz
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:01 am

>Rare robo gara campaign

sup
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:58 am

Just ban the whole kompu gacha system all at once. #em1
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:57 am

Well, the rare robo gara campaign doesn't exactly follow these rules.

It gives prizes based on a stackable amount of robots, not on a fixed set of robots. That is, the more robots you have, the more you win. The radiant shield campaign follows this better, as you need to have the 2 rare moes to get the shield (moe A + moe B = rare prized shield).

At least that's what i think.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:49 am

Gerrion wrote:
Well, the rare robo gara campaign doesn't exactly follow these rules.

It gives prizes based on a stackable amount of robots, not on a fixed set of robots. That is, the more robots you have, the more you win. The radiant shield campaign follows this better, as you need to have the 2 rare moes to get the shield (moe A + moe B = rare prized shield).

At least that's what i think.

the first rare gara robo campaign required you to get 6/6 bots for all prizes and the discontinuation of the campaign gives some signals :p
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:17 pm

Oh, finally
Let's see CS moves now

edit: Tuskin, can you link the source please ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
NoizeGT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 173

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:55 pm

link source for article please?

*edit* someone already asked...sowwy Sad Dracken
Back to top Go down
http://flyteam.jp/member/GujiRinka
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:31 pm

http://andriasang.com/con0we/dena_gree_complete_gacha/

Quote :
Reports that the government may regulate or out-right ban a sales technique called "Complete Gacha" sent social game company stock prices falling yesterday. Comments from analysts suggest that there's good reason for this "Gacha Shock."

Gacha, where you pay money to obtain an item at random, is the primary means of revenue for social gaming. Credit Suisse analysts told NS Journal that it makes up 60 to 70% of the social game industry's overall sales.

Complete Gacha, which requires that you obtain a certain set of items through Gacha in order to get a "grand prize" item, makes up the majority of Gacha-based earnings, according to the Credit Suisse analysts. A ban on Complete Gacha tactics could result in sales drops of 20 to 30% and operating earnings drops of 40 to 50%.

Complete Gacha games appear on various social game networks, including DeNA's Mobage platform and GREE's GREE platform. Games that could be affected by regulations include Namco Bandai's Idolmaster Cinderella Girls, and Konami's Dragon Collection. Konami has cited the latter as a bright spot in its recent earnings reports.

The social game operators themselves may see the biggest effect. Item transactions account for 92% of GREE's operating profits. For DeNA, the figure is 80%.

Social networks such as Mixi make 36% of their operating profit through item transactions, with other revenue coming through advertising and other means, so they may see more limited effect from a policy shift.

http://andriasang.com/con0wp/complete_gacha_ban_effect/
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 2:36 pm

zerocl wrote:
Oh, finally
Let's see CS moves now

edit: Tuskin, can you link the source please ?

they arent really doing the "complete" gacha anymore so it propably wont hurt them by alot unless they banned normal gacha, too
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:19 pm

I'd still like to see what someone once mentioned here in the forums.
Something like, you pay a certain price, and get like 1 of the gold prizes, 2 silvers and 4 bronzes for example. Still random but at least you would get at least 1 of each tier, instead of carcrashing and getting bellow silver only.

Though the current prize amounts wouldn't work so well, since many garas get like, 4/5 golds and 2 silvers.
I find it pretty stupid to have more gold balls than silvers in a regular gara. They pretty much give you the middle finger and say "roll a ton of silvers and enjoy your trash (because after a certain amount, it pretty much is trash), and maybe, maybe we will give you a gold ball".
The system is ridiculously greedy.

I am against complete gacha as much as I am against a system that completely relies on "luck" that can give you nothing good no matter how much you spend.

Sure you can say "your choice in gambling on virtual items", that's true, but wouldn't that also apply to complete Gacha anyway?
I don't see any problem in having them apply something like "if you spend 50$ and get no gold, then the next roll will have a gold ball for sure", though the problem is that they could just include a crap gold and make it highly probable to drop between 40 and 50$.
Just because it's hard to supervise all games that have gacha system.

So, yeah, complete gacha is a foul as regular gachas with low rates. At least, it is for me.
Though if we are questioning CB's garapon, it would lead to way too many questions. In the end, it would all resume to the lack of balance. (High gold rate on broken bots would make (almost) everything else (almost) useless, low gold rate would require too much money to roll a broken bot, which is good and bad at the same time, since you are making the content extremely exclusive to some people. Low gold rate on balanced bots doesn't attracht people all that much, and high rate would make most that rolled it to get them too fast, so not as much income per person, BUT! a game that tries to be balanced at some extend makes players happy, and happy players means more players playing, which means more people paying for shop content.)

Sorry for talking about 2 different types of gacha, and mostly about the type that isn't the complete one, but I just see both of them suffering of the same problems, though in different ways.
(I only deal with CB because I already have so many things, that it can get me by till the game goes down. Though it's so tempting... Well, I'm not getting this Eve, and I already got Ivis. I'm only laking 2 bots that I really wanted to get, Eve and Alba [well, I'd rather use regular Melfi, but oh well], but I have so many already that I can stop rolling now. It's time to save to tune bots and buy chibis.)
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Quote :
Tokai Tokyo Securities market analyst Makoto Sengoku warned Bloomberg that if kompu gacha sales tactics are regulated, social game makers will see a pillar of their earnings crumble.

Consumers' welfare < Private sector's freedom to abuse the first.

Lack of regulation in the U.S. is responsible for 2007 financial crisis which easily became a global economic crisis, and guess who are funding the greed of a handful of people.

Though, don't be surprised, (lol) market analysts are the last kind of people you should trust for that matter.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Screw cs!
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:01 pm

GG CS
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:56 pm

I wouldn't mind more grand prizes.
I'd just be so much happier if they removed the wonderful feature of getting derpwalk or car crash 24 out of 25 rolls. 100% superman please. Then my hopes and dreams of getting moes wouldn't be crushed until that 47th bronze ball with a Gatling Bazooka Mod or Beam Launcher Mod came out.
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyTue May 08, 2012 8:07 am

Pretty much mobile games were affected (DeNA and Gree were hit most) since most of the have collectible cards and stuff.

I don't think CS is affected by this tho. The only similar thing is the rare gara campaign but unlike limited gachas you don't need to complete a set, and thinking about it, campaign 2 was much more lenient in giving the prizes
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:58 am

Quote :
The Japanese government is expected to put restrictions of some form on the use of "Complete Gacha" sales tactics in social games. But one social game maker isn't waiting for regulations.

KLab, maker of social games like Tales of Kizna, Requiem of Apocalypse, and Captain Tsubasa, issued notice today saying that as of May 31, it will stop all use of Complete Gacha in its social games. Additionally, KLab will not be offering Complete Gacha in future games.

In its notice, KLab said that while the Consumer Affairs Agency has not yet given a clear indication if it will find the Complete Gacha sales tactic illegal, it feels that it is best for the the industry to self regulate itself before receiving orders from a governing body.

As for how this policy will affect its bottom line, KLab said that sales of its Gacha business increased 15% when it first adopted Complete Gacha, so it believes the effect will be within 15% of its overall Gacha business. Its overall social game business (which includes item sales and other revenue sources) should be affected less than 5%.

Quote :
GREE said today that it will halt Complete Gacha sales tactics in all games that it develops and manages on its GREE social gaming network. New titles released from tomorrow on will not have Complete Gacha features. Current titles will suspend such features on May 31.

DeNA, operator of the rival Mobage platform, also indicated plans to halt Complete Gacha tactics. While not giving a specific time frame, CEO Isao Moriyasu said during an earnings briefing today (via Reuters) that the company will gradually phase out Complete Gacha from Mobage games. It has already started the phase out in its own games. It is asking third parties to do the same.

These moves by DeNA and GREE come following recent revelations that the Consumer Affairs Agency is investigating Complete Gacha as a possibly illegal sales tactics. The agency has not yet issued a clear statement about the legality or any new regulations.

During today's briefing, Moriyasu did not say how the move would affect revenues, instead promising an update once the company has made the determination internally. He did note that internal DeNA titles did not use Complete Gacha as little as one year ago, and third party use was also limited at the time. This indicates that revenues and earnings would not fall below the baseline of one year prior.

http://andriasang.com/con0xn/klab_complete_gacha/
http://andriasang.com/con0xv/complete_gacha_death/
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:16 am

Goodbye

Maplestory
Cosmic Break
SD Gundam Online (LOL)
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Well, it's nice to see the Japanese government cracking down on this sort of thing; it's basically gambling, except you only get virtual items instead of money out. I'm surprised that the CosmicBreak community, both here and in Japan, has put up with this crap for so long already; I've been expecting a mass exodus basically ever since a few months after I started playing.
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Mew wrote:
Goodbye

Maplestory
Cosmic Break
SD Gundam Online (LOL)

Actually, SDGO is fine. They use the "Complete Capsule" structure for making stronger units, but capsule machines are NOT CASH. In the case of SDGO, cash allows you to bypass all the time consumed rolling and go straight to what you want, which is a fair deal.

The cases that are frowned upon are the ones where this "Complete Capsule" setup is on CASH ONLY capsule machines, where you have to dump money for a chance at getting parts of what you want in the end. The no-cash players don't even get a chance at getting anything. Not a fair deal.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:31 am

Reminds me of grand chase's complete gacha
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

It is fun watching how many people never read the complete article or try to research definition
Back to top Go down
Sakage-04ext
Sakage-04ext

Male Posts : 83

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Daily Yomiuri May 15th

- Japanese -
コンプガチャ、カギはネトゲ廃人・搾り取り加減
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/national/news/20120514-OYT1T00577.htm

- English -
Govt studying 'gacha' legality / Online game operators describe methods used to snare players
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/national/T120514004430.htm

>「珍しいアイテムを所有するのはステータス。一度買い始めると後に引けなくなる。最後は意地」
It is rare that owns the item status. After no longer closed to start buying once. The last nasty

scary....
Back to top Go down
http://sakage04blog.seesaa.net/
Sponsored content

Oh boy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh boy...   Oh boy... Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh boy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com