Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's this robot?

Go down 
+6
Astral_Dono
Hyoka
Akhenderson
resireth
JadeCicada
Animedude5555
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:13 am

Using the technique I explain here http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t8871-how-to-extract-game-graphics-without-illegal-hacks I dumped the game data present in computer memory and when I went through it in GIMP's raw image reader, I discovered this robot that has Japanese text, and no English text (though this is the English version of the game).

Who's this robot? 256g1sm

Who is she? I've never seen her before. Is it possible to play as her in the English version? Or is she only in the Japanese version, and her presence in the English version is just an example of a lazy programer who when converting the game to the English version and deleting her programing code forgot to get rid of her portrait image?
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 am

That's Destructor Girl. You can get her with some Rt in the shop, or if you're lucky with a lotto cube.
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 am

Dude, instead of coming up ways to expoit/hacking the client, Just play the game.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:21 am

JadeCicada wrote:
That's Destructor Girl. You can get her with some Rt in the shop, or if you're lucky with a lotto cube.
You can even get her in the English version? Does she even have an English info card at all, or is that one of the things that makes her "rare" and desirable in the game is that her info is all in Japanese for those hardcore anime fans out there who like rare Japanese things?

Ok, here's another Japanese robot image I found. Who's this robot?

Who's this robot? 20zzmli
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:22 am

Zero Saber Girl, she's also in the shop.

Next you're going to post up a blue girl with grey hair and red eyes. She's called Mecha Jetter Girl.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:24 am

LXE wrote:

Next you're going to post up a blue girl with grey hair and red eyes. She's called Mecha Jetter Girl.

How do you know who's next in the list? You did a game memory dump too?

Also to reply to your previous comment.
LXE wrote:
Dude, instead of coming up ways to expoit/hacking the client, Just play the game.
You love playing moderator don't you? You know what, I'm not hacking or exploiting anything in the client, at least not the way the forum rules define hacking the client.

Oh, and do these special characters even have English info cards? Or is that part of why they are special, they only have Japanese info cards?
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:31 am

Oh my goodness! That is EXACTLY who was next in the game memory dump!

Who's this robot? 6zwvg3

How did you know? Did you try my trick too? Or are they part of a set of new characters or something and so you figured it out by a process of elimination?
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:33 am

Animedude5555 wrote:
LXE wrote:

They have been around for quite some time now, no surprise that LXE knows them. And yes, she is a part of a set of characters more commonly known as the 'fangirls'.

Animedude5555 wrote:
Oh, and do these special characters even have English info cards? Or is that part of why they are special, they only have Japanese info cards?
I don't think they have "English info cards". They aren't exactly special, having been in the shop for as long as I can remember.

Also, no need to double post.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:35 am

Animedude5555 wrote:
LXE wrote:

LXE wrote:
You love playing moderator don't you? You know what, I'm not hacking or exploiting anything in the client, at least not the way the forum rules define hacking the client.

ok first off, don't double post.
Second off, he knows who's next in the list because you posted a destructor girl picture and a zero saber girl picture, so the next logical and sensible choice is mecha jetter girl to complete the fan girl trio. (yes, it was process of elimination)
You're so bent up on trying to go through the source files of the darn game that you're not thinking of simple patterns. In fact, you're so obsessed with it, you didn't even bother checking the cosmic break IN GAME STORE SYSTEM to find out that they exist.
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:39 am

Animedude5555 wrote:
Like Akhenderson said, I only merely made an assumption because you posted Destructor Girl and Zero Saber Girl, it's only natural that the next one would be Mecha Jetter Girl since these are the three fan girls.

Animedude5555 wrote:
LXE wrote:
No, I'm just telling you to stop it for your own benefit. It's getting annoying that all you're posting is about your exploits on the CosmicBreak client.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:41 am

Most of the characters have English info cards for them. Why do those "fangirl" characters only have Japanese info cards? If indeed the characters do only have Japanese info cards, why are they even in the English version of the game? Obviously a player of the English version of the game is likely to only know English. So why not have English info cards on them? Why only Japanese? The game was released in English before the translators had time to translate the new characters or something?

Also why are they called "fangirls"? What are they supposedly fans of, in the plot of the game.
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:42 am

Play the game and find out yourself, we're not going to sit here and spoonfeed you all the information! Angry Chaos

Last edited by LXE on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:42 am

LXE wrote:
exploits on the CosmicBreak client.

This is a feature of Windows 7 to be able to dump memory. I wouldn't exactly call it an "exploit".

Last edited by Animedude5555 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:44 am

I tried to help you but now I'll just give up. I'm talking to a brick wall anyway.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:45 am

Animedude5555 wrote:
Most of the characters have English info cards for them. Why do those "fangirl" characters only have Japanese info cards? If indeed the characters do only have Japanese info cards, why are they even in the English version of the game? Obviously a player of the English version of the game is likely to only know English. So why not have English info cards on them? Why only Japanese? The game was released in English before the translators had time to translate the new characters or something?

Also why are they called "fangirls"? What are they supposedly fans of, in the plot of the game.
They are probably one of the first moebots to exist in Cosmic Break, and Cosmic Break originally being a japanese game, it's only logical that they have Japanese info cards. As these info cards does not exist in-game, there was probably no need to translate it.
They were probably called 'fangirls' as they were modeled after existing bots in the game.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:46 am

LXE, who's the purple haired girl in your avatar picture. Just curious.
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:47 am

Animedude5555 wrote:
LXE wrote:

This is a feature of Windows 7 to be able to dump memory. I wouldn't exactly call it an "exploit".

Definition of Exploit - To make full use of and derive benefit from.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:50 am

resireth wrote:

They are probably one of the first moebots to exist in Cosmic Break, and Cosmic Break originally being a japanese game, it's only logical that they have Japanese info cards. As these info cards does not exist in-game, there was probably no need to translate it.

Why are they in the memory dump then, if they aren't used in the game? The characters Lily Rain, LazFlamme, and Crimrose have info cards in single-player mode in the English version of the game. Were the Fangirls the single-player mode characters in the Japanese version of the game? If so that would explain the presence of the info cards in the game's memory dump, as just an unused leftover when converting to the English version.

LXE wrote:
Animedude5555 wrote:
LXE wrote:

Definition of Exploit - To make full use of and derive benefit from.

Well that definition sounds like a good thing then, but the definition used for computers is usually synonymous with a "hack". So that's why I shy away from using terms that sound like I'm hacking the client.

Last edited by Animedude5555 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:56 am

I really want to slap you to snap you out of your delusions.
LXE wrote:
Play the game and find out yourself, we're not going to sit here and spoonfeed you all the information! Angry Chaos
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:59 am

Animedude5555 wrote:
resireth wrote:

Why are they in the memory dump then, if they aren't used in the game? The characters Lily Rain, LazFlamme, and Crimrose have info cards in single-player mode in the English version of the game. Were the Fangirls the single-player mode characters in the Japanese version of the game? If so that would explain the presence of the info cards in the game's memory dump, as just an unused leftover when converting to the English version.

The real reason was that around that time Japan had those three girls as Starter Robots.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:04 am

Hyoka wrote:
Animedude5555 wrote:
resireth wrote:

The real reason was that around that time Japan had those three girls as Starter Robots.

Starter robots in online mode or single-player mode?

Also why weren't the cards translated, or deleted from the game's code (when no longer needed)? And why is it being loaded into memory when I'm playing single-player mode in the English version of the game? If it wasn't for single-player mode, and wasn't ever a starting robot in the English version of the game, why is it being loaded by the game into memory (as shown by the fact it's in the game's memory dump)?

Also on an unrelated note, who's the pink haired girl in your avatar, and what is she eating?
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:09 am

@OP - I told you so, now you will face the consequences.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:09 am

Animedude5555 wrote:
Also on an unrelated note, who's the pink haired girl in your avatar, and what is she eating?
She's eating what you got banned for.
Back to top Go down

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:14 am

Aye, some people don't listen. The best way for them to learn is always the hard way, I know this off from experience all too well.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 am

you basically banned him just because you found him annoying

you asked that many questions when you were new, don't be biased.

i'll answer his questions if he ever comes back.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who's this robot? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's this robot?   Who's this robot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's this robot?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com