Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...

Go down 
+8
koi
TaeTae
Bloodbane
NovaZero
Hyoka
udon-GE
Midona
FenixStryk
12 posters
AuthorMessage
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... Empty
PostSubject: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:00 am

I finally upgraded my Izuna with TEC (35) and FLY (33) (using a hodgepodge of non-ideal parts, but still an improvement) and the jump in power was enough to carry me from averaging Top 10 to averaging Top 3 every game. If this sort of potential is reserved only for heavy Rt users, ...things could get ugly.

First game after the upgrades, to give you an idea:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 5:25 am

There is a lot of chance this will happen. Due to the range of players this game aim : hard geeks and childish. A rakion 2.
Back to top Go down
udon-GE
[Donator]
[Donator]
udon-GE

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:31 am

in JPCB only cosmo harmonic alpha 10% available in UC, gamma and slot protector are in RT.

so, i think the same will be implemented on USCB.

if the upgrade item can be bought using UC easily, there will be more overpowered bot.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 am

Your score is the exact reason why it should be kept to heavy RT users.

To give noobs like me a chance.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Hyoka wrote:

Are you sure that's the lesser evil? As it is now, UC and bot parts are flowing so quickly that just about anyone could gather 50k UC and a dozen bot parts to salvage for tuning part points. The capacity for someone to reach these levels is there.

Once this becomes Rt only, there is no way to even the playing field without reaching into your pocket. While it might be less common, you would have no way to compensate when it does show up.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
Are you sure that's the lesser evil? As it is now, UC and bot parts are flowing so quickly that just about anyone could gather 50k UC and a dozen bot parts to salvage for tuning part points. The capacity for someone to reach these levels is there.

Once this becomes Rt only, there is no way to even the playing field without reaching into your pocket. While it might be less common, you would have no way to compensate when it does show up.
Unless you customize like a total demon and end up with a high stat but totally ugly-looking robo.
Back to top Go down
Bloodbane

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:06 pm

NovaZero wrote:
FenixStryk wrote:

Unless you customize like a total demon and end up with a high stat but totally ugly-looking robo.
or roll for ivis. -might- be less money that way, lol.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:47 am

FenixStryk wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Hmm, maybe American players will learn to maximise the use of non cash mech... maybe maybe. There are many low cost builds that are effective, just everyone seems to want a perfect mech.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:53 am

TaeTae wrote:
Hmm, maybe American players will learn to maximise the use of non cash mech... maybe maybe. There are many low cost builds that are effective, just everyone seems to want a perfect mech.
I hadn't considered that. However, even without upgrades, it's quite easy for someone to reach the cost cap by using expensive joints and unneeded weapons.

It would be refreshing to see people dying for sub-600 cost again, though.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:15 am

In JP you can exchange UC for RT. It means you will be able to perform this kind of upgrade, the question is the time you will need to complete it.

I still remember my first week in OB1, when i was using 2 crimroses with stock parts and no tune ups. It's not that bad, actually, when your enemies' bots are on the same level as yours. No mass ivis, no insane 40fly arts, no dual stardust gwyains etc.

And there are plenty of UC bots which are not used at all. They have amazingly low cost and overall performance is acceptable even in OB2 arena matches. You die fast, but it's ok when you cost is 300 and not 3000.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 am

koi wrote:
In JP you can exchange UC for RT. It means you will be able to perform this kind of upgrade, the question is the time you will need to complete it.
Limit of 50 Rt though, equating to a total of 50k UC. Every month. Slow, especially since 50 Rt is enough to afford maybe 1 Cosmo Harmonic Beta or 1 Slot Protector Alpha. Heck, you have to wait for at least 2 months just to get a new Rt robo.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 6:56 am

NovaZero wrote:
Limit of 50 Rt though, equating to a total of 50k UC. Every month.
Let's just hope they will change RT balance, so it won't be neccessary to spend a lot of cash to get a decent robot.
Back to top Go down
Bysta
Newcomer
Newcomer
Bysta

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:21 am

Protectors and Percentage Improver will and are the main income for this game, when it comes out. It will be same as in other games with that mechanics.
Back to top Go down
http://pitchwise.wordpress.com
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:37 am

=.= when it comes to money for game, probably I'll just check my extra pocket for buying ivis D: I like her outfit :p
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 am

Vareluxe wrote:
=.= when it comes to money for game, probably I'll just check my extra pocket for buying ivis D: I like her outfit :p
Prepare to spend hundreds, because Ivis will forever be garapon.

Limited edition, even.
Back to top Go down
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:14 am

[quote="TaeTae"][quote="FenixStryk"]
Hyoka wrote:
I think you're on to something. I've recently customized an A. Maid with Ace Braver LG, Frog Lander HD, some cheap arms, and a pair of handguns. It has pitiful HP, and low damage dealing ability, but 14 WLK, enough to avoid a few attacks, and most importantly, a meager 195 cost.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:41 am

NovaZero wrote:
Vareluxe wrote:
Prepare to spend hundreds, because Ivis will forever be garapon.

Limited edition, even.
I will laugh and laugh and drink deeply of delicious Ivis player tears. When they aren't deployed by Wiz in the dozens as a insurmountable fucking flood of absolute rape, they're easy targets.

My only hope is that a few obsessively spend a small fortune before ragequitting when their parents won't float them another loan. That way at least CS will see enough of a profit from USCB to keep it going for a few years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...   I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release... Empty

Back to top Go down

I hope upgrades are feasible without Rt come release...
Page 1 of 1