Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gundam AGE - Perspective

Go down 
+4
necrio
boytitan2
Squishy
Mew
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Gundam AGE - Perspective Empty
PostSubject: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 pm

After watching 14 episodes of Gundam AGE.

At the start of the series, it felt as if Bandai just wanted to advertise it's Gunpla line. I didn't really find it all that great because it was very very unrealistic. The role of the Gundam transformed from an advanced series of piloted mecha into something a kid made up and threw into the battlefield. Sounds ridiculous right?

In Gundam SEED, the Gundams were a type of Mobile suit and there we a lot of variations of them. It had advanced technology, sure these advanced mechanical warriors was better than most of the other mobile suits but since there were a lot of them, it made the series somewhat believable and realistic.

Then in Gundam 00, it became a highly advanced mobile suit equipped with technology that is beyond the modern technology in the 24th century. One of the things I find most ridiculous is that one man could conjure up everything, the technology, the genetic evolution, the prediction of the future, and the big plan to bring world peace. This made the story sound somewhat ridiculous, but all in all they did managed to pull everything together and make it sound realistic. The numbers of Gundam were reduced drastically from Gundam SEED, however, having one super genius to invent everything seems to be believable.

In Gundam AGE, The numbers shrunk from thousands of Gundams in Gundam SEED, to just a few in Gundam 00 and then there were one. Only one freaking Gundam? Are you kidding me? Where's the Super Duper Gundam force that fueled my childhood dreams and causes me to orgasm at the sight of it? Not to mention, the super genius who created the Gundam is a little kid with a really really unrealistic hair style! What is this? I don't even... Sure his family had Gundam in their heritage, but having a little kid who's just 14 years of age to engineer a Gundam? No way! This just defies logic and common sense. There's more unbelievable stuff in this anime than there is in a messed up incest hentai.

In the first 13 episodes there are all this idealism about how people should not fight, how people should fight to protect other people and how to be a hero etc. etc. This made Gundam AGE feel as if I'm watching an anime made for kids but since I was a casual Gundam Fan, I pressed on and endured these horrible episodes. It starts getting better in episode 14, the action and suspense just drives me to watch more. This was what I was looking for, where the hell has this plotline been for the past 13 episodes?

To summarize everything, Gundam AGE is a late bloomer. The first 13 episodes feel like a 2 day long Gunpla Advertising campaign for pre-pubescent little boys. The way it portrays its themes feels like a kids anime, it's missing out on a bit of the action and suspense side, it's just not hardcore enough. I still want to orgasm at the sight of the Super Duper Gundam Force that fueled my childhood dreams but this series does not deliver this type of pleasure. In my opinion, it's still enjoyable to watch however, it just hard to believe what happens on screen.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Trailer look terrishit.

Underestimated the anime itself though.

It got good later on.

You're right when you say it is a late bloomer.
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:12 am

MOAR RIKE GUNDAMN SAGE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, I just hope this series would be as good as the previous series.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:39 am

FUCK YOU MAINSTREAM FAGS I WAS DEFENDING THIS ANIME WE BEFORE ANY OF YOU SCREW OFF.

I even already made a topic bout it.

And you watched seed and 00. Those were hora shit both of em.

ALSO YOUR CHILD HOOD GUNDAM DREAMS WERE WRONG GUNDAM STARTED WITH 1 FUCKING GUNDAM 1 RX 78

Wana know what seed was supposed to be what AGE a Retelling of the original gundam. We all know how bad that shit was. Kira Yamamoto Faggot plot armor jesus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:03 am

@BT - Stop being such a hater, seriously.

1. Who are you calling "Mainstream Fag"?
2. SEED and 00 in my opinion alright. Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean you can call them "shit". I told you in the perspective, I'm a casual gundam fan.
3. The first Gundam title I ever heard of was Gundam Wing and the Gunpla is what really got me into Gundam in the first place. Who the hell told you I was born in the 1970s which was when Gundam made it's Debut? So who are you to tell my childhood dreams were wrong? I was a kid born in 1993, do you expect me to grow up with just one Gundam? Hell no.
4. SEED was basically a revamp of the original series for the current generation of teenagers. Since people these days want to watch more drama, and suspense than just pure action, they had to focus on the events that happen.
5. No, go home.
6. Your testosterone charged biased perspective doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:19 am

I'm only here for the gafrans. Dragon mobile suit? Fuck Epyon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:23 pm

Dragon Mobile suits are epic.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 am

1. the shitty "Lots and Lots of gundam" starts from UC RX78 MSV, this variation databok basically told us there is at least 4 rx78 unit , so not 1 you faggot, it is however first seen in the homonlust animu whose gundam is basically plot armored super warrior with only two guy can match the protagonists at the end. Suprisingly this faggotry is not gundam seed, it is gundam wing

2.00 was a good intro series for the new generation, I would rather they watched 00 rather than age of seed and seed destiny

3.Age and Seed were basically retelling of the first gundam, however they are both done wrong , really wrong , while seed get worse with the passage of it's episode. AGE went better by switching protagonist to an actual soldier that actually have to work to be able to kill off people

Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm

Retrias wrote:
1. the shitty "Lots and Lots of gundam" starts from UC RX78 MSV, this variation databok basically told us there is at least 4 rx78 unit , so not 1 you faggot, it is however first seen in the homonlust animu whose gundam is basically plot armored super warrior with only two guy can match the protagonists at the end. Suprisingly this faggotry is not gundam seed, it is gundam wing

2.00 was a good intro series for the new generation, I would rather they watched 00 rather than age of seed and seed destiny

3.Age and Seed were basically retelling of the first gundam, however they are both done wrong , really wrong , while seed get worse with the passage of it's episode. AGE went better by switching protagonist to an actual soldier that actually have to work to be able to kill off people

Pretty much age is a much better retelling than seed was, Seed was UC gundam as a fucking soap opera, And it looses coarse, The final freedom or what ever is supposed to be like Zeta gundam or ZZ(double zeta) gundam cant remember which Zeta unit it is. SINCE WHEN DA FUCK DID EITHER OF THEM SPEW RAINBOWS TO KILL WHOLE ARMIES AT ONCE.

Also did U see da char kick being redone epic.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:02 pm

While I agree that Destiny was a clear waste of potential thanks to poor direction and storyboard, I don't understand why you guys think SEED was bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Turkeysaur wrote:
While I agree that Destiny was a clear waste of potential thanks to poor direction and storyboard, I don't understand why you guys think SEED was bad.
To be clear with that, it's the Conservative Gundam Fan Party vses the Revolutionary Gundam Fan Party.

Some people just don't accept change while others embrace it.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 pm

LXE wrote:
Turkeysaur wrote:
To be clear with that, it's the Conservative Gundam Fan Party vses the Revolutionary Gundam Fan Party.

Some people just don't accept change while others embrace it.

GOT DA FUCK OUTA HERE DONT CREATE SOME GENEREAL FUCKING GROUP, Seed fans are in there own seperate click of stupidity.

Its agreed upon by anyone not a brain washed seed fan, Seed either is a ok series or sucks, And destiny sucks complete balls,

Season 1 to 00 was a good start but went down hill, Movie bad or decent mixed reviews.

Unicorn is win so far

Age isnt as bad as it looks make it seem at first glance.

Non of em are called a top gundam series but aside from Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
and
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory all gundam series have mixed reviews those are the only 2 that always make the top even the original gundam has some haters, All da diff gundam universes have a diff feel.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:35 am

...You should rewatch SEED. Even 00 first season can't hold a candle against it.

Says someone who watched all Gundam shows except Gundam G for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:50 am

boytitan2 wrote:
GOT DA FUCK OUTA HERE DONT CREATE SOME GENEREAL FUCKING GROUP, Seed fans are in there own seperate click of stupidity
I really don't know anyway of reacting to your invalid, weak and inductive argument without breaking the forum rules, insulting you and questioning your intelligence levels.

Be glad that I won't do that.

Turkeysaur wrote:
You should rewatch SEED. Even 00 first season can't hold a candle against it.
Oh look, great timing, they're doing a HD Remaster Project on it.

Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:36 am

> Stardust Memory
>Universally good review

LOL Bt doesn't know jackshit apparently
Seed while Kira is using Strike is good , actually good, then he got freedom but that is okay, then everyone that is actually good at piloting and not obviously evil join him.....
WHY? it is here that he turns into somekind of super jesus
Seed Destiny was good while it was Shinn as the protagonist.... then kira came back from the dead
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 9:37 am

Retrias wrote:
> Stardust Memory
>Universally good review

LOL Bt doesn't know jackshit apparently
Seed while Kira is using Strike is good , actually good, then he got freedom but that is okay, then everyone that is actually good at piloting and not obviously evil join him.....
WHY? it is here that he turns into somekind of super jesus
Seed Destiny was good while it was Shinn as the protagonist.... then kira came back from the dead

I mite have said the whole ova, Aside from 8th ms team and unicorn not da biggest UC series fan. Shit people who bash wing should be bashing the original gundam rx 78 was fucking hacks. And the pilot was even more hacks.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:53 pm

let see
RX78 in it's lifespan
Nearly got screwed by char zaku
nearly got screwed by gouf
nealry got screwed by 3 Doms
Nearly got screwed by elmeth and char gelgoog
GOT Screwed by zeong

admittedly this is because by around midway, amuro was too good for his gundam

Gundam Wing
Nearly got screwed by tallgesse (gundam prototype)
nearly got screwdd by another gundam (never count)
Nearly got screwed by hordes upon hordes of one of the most broken mobs in gundam history by then, then they curb it

hax? what rx78 hax? it doesn't have a plot gun, all it have is a fing beam rifle and beam sabers and zooks
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:28 pm

There really going out to make age good.

Lol Age 2 double bullet is everything faggot beam spam freedom wanted to be and was supposed to be, Can take on mutilpe enenmies yet does fire 50 fucking beams and it actually looks cool. People need to get past the charater designs and give the story a chance its a good retelling of the original gundam with twists.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 7:59 pm

boytitan2 wrote:

Lol Age 2 double bullet is everything faggot beam spam freedom wanted to be and was supposed to be, Can take on mutilpe enenmies yet does fire 50 fucking beams and it actually looks cool. People need to get past the charater designs and give the story a chance its a good retelling of the original gundam with twists.

that can be said about the newer blood series, yet most people didnt watch it to the end.

gundam is not different, if the story fails to catch the audiences attention right of the bat, its badly done. thats all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

that can be said about the newer blood series, yet most people didnt watch it to the end.

gundam is not different, if the story fails to catch the audiences attention right of the bat, its badly done. thats all there is to it.

Wo Wo no just no, The new blood series sucked cause of looks,charater and story I hated everything about it.

And ya such is da fate of gundam then some years later it gets a following and is appreciated to late.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:49 am

00 is an exception, as I said, it is a good entry point, since you can just watch it casually and not mind the meta plot , Seed didn't suck until Kira became jesus , you can actually see gundams being well gundams in there, Seed destiny is a good attempt to revive it, but due to a certain person it went back to shit

Gundam age while it is a retelling of UC gundam, the Flit chapter extremely suck, the gundam design is overall bad , the fight scene were horrible , you can't even tell at first glance if the person who design Age-2 is the same shit of a person who designed TITus, neither could you tell they have the same fight choreographer

ALOT of what you guys consider old blood series sucks too
Turn A is a sucky illogical and inconsistent idea that they have to retcon every single time they make a new AU, never mind the shitty design
Gundam Wing is a bunch of mary sue , with shitty system that tries to be newtype , with only 4-5 people in the whole universe who managed to actually use it, 2 of them non canon only.
Gundam X is a show about charging laser, which somehow in truth have the most skilfull of all protagonist ever seen in AU , he is not a newtype, not a somekind of super soldier, doesn't have a shitty system that feed you with decission , his main weapon can only be fired at with the help of other people. and You know what? he still kick ass
G Gundam is best enjoyed ignoring all gundam facts, so there is that

Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:02 am

1st off ret you completely missed da point we were talking about dat terrashit new blood series by clamp. Fucking abomination to blood.

Turn A was ment to end all that why it doesent make since anymore tho it never did, The maker of gundam was going emo look at how many people died in victory gundam lol.

And Heero and Zechs were bad ass long before da zero system,Fuck it zechs was Graham Aker bad ass but more when he first got tallgeese 3 that things gs made the over flag look like a smooth ride dat shit killed a whole pilot.Wing move tho sucked ass pacifist bullshit, Wing manga does not exist to me its just a lie something that shit is to shit to be real.

G Gundam heck I loved it actually, Except for Domons hacks in the tourny and one use attacks that shit was hacks.

The guy behind age is guy behind 00 suit designs, And age fight scenes did get better towards the end of flits chapter it was before asumas chapter, Like the last fight with desil they really picked stuff up.

I wish the age 1 would just stay as spallow, And titus and age 1 normal would be deemed fail prototypes like have flaws, And they coulda just make it so spallow could use the dos rifle there u go series saved.

I get da age 1 represents Rx 78, But 1 major fucking flaw, Rx 78 woulda got rofl stomped in zetas era why is the age 1 and a bunch of units based exactly off the age 1 basically powered gms or gm 2 to good to be called gms to bad to be gm 3, Being used Against suits that look a 100 Years newer. The G bouncer is based of the age 1 spallow just upgraded, Adele are age 1 copys yet there so much better than the geno ace 2 yet they get rofl stomped, And anyways age 1 is 15-25 years old now why da hell are they baseing suits off it still. The earth spere mobile suits aside from age 2 are just way outa date.

Age 3 is basicly double zeta =D.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:15 am

Retrias wrote:
Turn A is a sucky illogical and inconsistent idea that they have to retcon every single time they make a new AU, never mind the shitty design

dont get me wrong there, i actually finished the newer blood series, too. while boytitan did not even finish watching the ridicullously long buildup of that series.

and judging from the early posts in this thread, AGE also suffers from that desease but it is not as tragic because of the number of episodes. in blood it was about 8 episodes sugersweet buildup ending into a big psychological crash, that turned the series into a much darker setting than blood+.

i can imagine that AGE has some potential, its just this is a generally stupid design, seeing as most parts of the audience will never watch it, if there is 13 episodes of bullshit first
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 4:26 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Retrias wrote:

dont get me wrong there, i actually finished the newer blood series, too. while boytitan did not even finish watching the ridicullously long buildup of that series.

and judging from the early posts in this thread, AGE also suffers from that desease but it is not as tragic because of the number of episodes. in blood it was about 8 episodes sugersweet buildup ending into a big psychological crash, that turned the series into a much darker setting than blood+.

i can imagine that AGE has some potential, its just this is a generally stupid design, seeing as most parts of the audience will never watch it, if there is 13 episodes of bullshit first

Omg the new blood series had blood and gore in the end its so much better now, BULLSHIT Idk which is the worse anime to get over hyped recent and get the most shitty reviews the new blood or guilty crown they both such ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gundam AGE - Perspective   Gundam AGE - Perspective Empty

Back to top Go down

Gundam AGE - Perspective
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next