Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

A list of good off'hand' melee weapons

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:53 pm

I like the Barbarian Claws, but they're hard to use and miss often. In my experience, anyway.

They're pretty nifty to use when you're goofing around in DOS's lobby, though. Makes me feel like Wolverine, except blond and busty.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Added Geograsis AM3 and Might Byne AM to the list, forgot about those. My only issue with them is the horribad init, but the burn/knockback is nice.

Thanks for the few productive posts to this thread.
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Popuko Running
Popuko Running

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Jaguar HD is very nice with a flax am and geo am3
the combo is nice, and the hd will get you closer to finish with pilebunker
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
boytitan2

Male Posts : 8637

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:01 pm

I hate falx am cause of how bad it is vs hoppers
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:18 am

So what kind of weapons ARE good with Calamity Sword/

I had it with Red Squealer AMs at one point. You can tell it won't work. At all.

Dat knockback.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 am

Then there's Frau LG.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 am

@Malphes wrote:
@Strykerr wrote:
Jag head is just a mini beetlander head, pretty much a waste unless on a zs of something with zf booster.
I'm sorry but that's the most fucking stupid thing I've read all day.

My bad, typo, i meant or something, not of something. Still doesn't change the fact that its still a bad head unless combo-ed with a step/booster. I've seen you in arena, and sry to say, but its not something you would see do well in an AAA room.

LXE wrote:
Doesn't make me not worth listening to, your assumption is just silly. Rolling Eyes

I've been helping in the Guide section for a long time now, if I said something wrong, somebody would've corrected me by now. I only help by telling people what I've learned from listening to the pros/good players, not through mindless assumptions that noobs make. Sometimes my sources of information are wrong though, and in that case you can correct me but not say that I'm not worth listening to.

Please be nice. #em1

Oh and Strykerr, your post didn't mention the "Mighty Byne AM Pilebunker" which is actually viable. #em6

This is why the fanforums get made fun of so much. This right here. I mean Trill's signature basically says it all. You guys refuse to listen to players like Rinrin, reVelske, xzpwnz and just call them trolls because they give you a better, more effective idea. I'm pretty sure they didn't just start off acting like dicks, but due to the stupidity of people on the fanforum, they just lost their patience. Be happy that they are still here. And LXE, I'd rather not take advice from a self-proclaimed melee master, when one clearly is not...
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:12 am

@Dracatis wrote:
I know most will argue that the only good offhand is a shield for melee, but there are a few good weapons that can help in your off hand. Here is a few I've found and I'll edit to add any others posted here.

Red Squealer AM(possibly the best chase down off hand, like an infinite cart step with good damage)
Hound Dog LG2(Done with your combo? Kick them to a corner to make sure they don't get away)
Shino Exroad AM2(Double hit finisher for cheap, low init gets you back into your combo fast, REMEMBER it's only that last weapon used init that sets the timer)

Barbarian Claws(A cheap two hit finisher that can dodge you in the air for a second and has an amazing 400 init for bonus to restart your combo, a very overlooked small weapon)
Jumper Halibard(Air Melee best finisher, gets you back off the ground like a STOVL)
Chainsaw(If you really want an offhand proc tune machine, this thing hits a lot)
Drill Knuckle(Another, cheaper multihit proc tune machine)
Gigantinger AM(Hits several times whether it's first or offhand, it's the same)
Heavy Jaguar Arm HD (same headbutt whether first, in-between or last)
P. Juana LG2 (a nifty melee + dodge finisher makes an left turning L-move getting you a brief moment of confusion for enemies to aim at you, can also be used as main when charging to do a bunch of skating L-moves for crazy dodging)

Geograsis AM3 (Since your already close, might as well do some massive damage with this one shot)
Might Byne AM (Same as Geograsis, without the potential burn)

Oh god I'm laughing.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:12 am

@Strykerr wrote:
@Malphes wrote:
@Strykerr wrote:
Jag head is just a mini beetlander head, pretty much a waste unless on a zs of something with zf booster.

My bad, typo, i meant or something, not of something. Still doesn't change the fact that its still a bad head unless combo-ed with a step/booster. I've seen you in arena, and sry to say, but its not something you would see do well in an AAA room.
we'll see about that Deal with it

protip: use it with daemon mace

@ the calam sword question

one i can think of would be hound dog am + calam

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:35 am

@Strykerr wrote:
-LXE's comment-

This is why the fanforums get made fun of so much. This right here. I mean Trill's signature basically says it all. You guys refuse to listen to players like Rinrin, reVelske, xzpwnz and just call them trolls because they give you a better, more effective idea. I'm pretty sure they didn't just start off acting like dicks, but due to the stupidity of people on the fanforum, they just lost their patience. Be happy that they are still here. And LXE, I'd rather not take advice from a self-proclaimed melee master, when one clearly is not...
You really don't know me very well. One thing I must clear up is that I'm a self proclaimed "Melee Maniac", not a "Melee Master".

I could go on and on and argue with you, but unfortunately you won't listen.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 am

@Strykerr wrote:
@Malphes wrote:
@Strykerr wrote:

LXE wrote:
Doesn't make me not worth listening to, your assumption is just silly. Rolling Eyes

I've been helping in the Guide section for a long time now, if I said something wrong, somebody would've corrected me by now. I only help by telling people what I've learned from listening to the pros/good players, not through mindless assumptions that noobs make. Sometimes my sources of information are wrong though, and in that case you can correct me but not say that I'm not worth listening to.

Please be nice. #em1

Oh and Strykerr, your post didn't mention the "Mighty Byne AM Pilebunker" which is actually viable. #em6

who didn't listen to xzpwnz?, no seriously who didn't in here?
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

@Retrias wrote:
who didn't listen to xzpwnz?, no seriously who didn't in here?
pretty sure theres quite a few threads somewhere...
too lazy to actually search thou :/
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:38 pm

i know the best offhand weapon ever

you want combos? Crocodagger body.

Squealer arm -> Squealer arm -> 4 hit combo crocodagger mouth bite
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:27 pm

it does a full combo when being chained into ?

dont have crocodagger, so i cant test it ^^

edit:

anyways, since they arent listed here i will do so

i think magnet and fishing whip are good offhands with many possibilitys
fishing whip works in combination with tracking melee bits as solo weapon too, but since you wont have bits out all day long, its better being used as offhand weapon or in combination with a solid ranged weapon until your bits are up
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:51 pm

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
it does a full combo when being chained into ?
It doesn't. But the Crocodagger weapon has horrible horrible range so you need to be up right next to a guy in order to basically hit them.

A full combo is 5 hit in there it is left bite, right bite, left bite, right bite, 1 super bite down the middle.

When chained into it's left bite, right bite, left bite, right bite, end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A list of good off'hand' melee weapons   A list of good off'hand' melee weapons - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A list of good off'hand' melee weapons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Weapons-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com