Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Volcano Grenade Anyone?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
syaondri
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
syaondri

Male Posts : 1216

Volcano Grenade Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 am

Um, most of you might've seen me on the arena already, yea, spamming Volcano Grenades on most of my art bot. Oh, and for another info, yes I'm still learning on using these guy...

But I find five interesting side of this strange mission drop weapon:

1. DAMNAGE

The basic force of 36... that's equal to large bazooka if I didn't wrong and yea, you don't have to sacrifice your walk and fly meaning more chance to evade while shooting it

2. Grenade like trajectory

The parabolic trajectory of the volcano grenade makes it one of several weaponry which can be shot while remain hidden. I've once try to hit an air hiding on a highly elevated ground using the trace it leave on my radar. and from three salvo without lock I shot, I get to hit em once while the other damaging small on him, probably got hit by blast but I don't know ^^;

3. BURN!

Yup, one of the most thing you'd find on every grenades family. It'll make most of the bot which don't have anti burning feels awkward when moving... too bad it also helps them evades if they're a pro. But this burning things can also be deadly since it eat up your health slowly. I've seen several people died because of it... and yea pretty annoying thou that they didn't count as your kill...

4Ammo

with bazooka you got 100+ ammo, grenades give you more or less 170, while this guy gives you 260! You'll just go crazy with Hypershot on this guy without having to look bellow for ammunition for a while... of course, it'll be better if you count every shot since it really is a precious thing for art player

5 size

anyone can use this guy, even though the cost really make a small cost bot have to think twice to use it, but most art bot should be able to handle this guy without having to sacrifice every other.

So, what about you guys' opinion about this weapon for art bots?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11443

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:18 am

Never liked it b/c of the odd shooting and the fact the burning is always getting active in the wrong moments. Tuned ones give you an heart attack if you look at the cost.

I still draw my hat to anyone who can handle it. A good Volcano Grenade is just that lulzy x3
Back to top Go down
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 5:44 am

The speed really ruins everything....
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 am

It's slow. It's not easily alpha'd.
Burning them to death is no good if they are hopper who love hopping around with 40 fly.
Impossible to shoot air unless they are close enough range because of the curved trajectory.
Impossible to shoot AG (or basically any air for that matter, course their weapons being less dangerous) spamming AG core while hovering almost directly over your head.

So you are stuck basically shooting at things at an angle and having to time it.
Iono about you but I'm one of those OMG NEED MORE ALPHA STRIKE noobs who just spray zooka and missiles under a ps all day. Adding grenades screws with my alphastrike aiming.
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:30 am

Speed is too slow....and I ALSO have a Volcano Grenade Gun btw which I got from anniversary cube (which is better and also can be found in garas)
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:41 am

Spoiler:

Gives it roughly 180 ammo, and 275 speed, along with the high projectile makes it easily usable IMO. A build like this would work fine with it
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:10 am

hoverion is a walk based core though Neutral
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:46 am

People tend to avoid grenades because they don't actually want to try to use a weapon which requires skill. It's the same reason people don't use Fizaliven HD, though for a 60 cost grenade (which is normally Large so smalls can use this) with additional stats it's just short of ridiculous.

Volcano Grenade is awesome and if I could fit it on one of my bots right now I'd have it. It has a good bullet size so it's easy to hit and like you said can be great for hitting people that are just outside the direct line of fire. I also like Volcano Splash, smaller bullet and less ammo but you can mess up groups or still indirectly hit some misses and it has a faster speed.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:16 am

6. THEY SUCK

Volcano grenades absolutely suck. Use them at all times!
Back to top Go down
syaondri
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
syaondri

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:34 am

Ah I see Thanks for all of the participation Very Happy

Quote :

ziix

The speed really ruins everything....

yea I can't agree more. Most of the time it just hit people's shadow I can't argue about that... which is why you need to get a bit closer with it before you can tune it up to its maximum speed

Quote :

BNOISE

It's slow. It's not easily alpha'd.

It work well with my Lily skirts psygun thou since the later is a homing one ^^; but yea it doesn't work well together with zook, again before the tune I guess.

Quote :

donggyu
Speed is too slow....and I ALSO have a Volcano Grenade Gun btw which I got from anniversary cube (which is better and also can be found in garas)

Gara!? D: What Gara.... oh I must've missed it somewhere or sometimes... well not that I can roll one if it wasn't UC Gara thuo Q__Q

Quote :

Trill

Gives it roughly 180 ammo, and 275 speed, along with the high projectile makes it easily usable IMO. A build like this would work fine with it

Aww... so much of a tune... I haven't even finished with my AG... Q___Q I have neither the money to get slot protector or harmonics nor the courage to actually tune without them D:

Quote :

Dracatis

I also like Volcano Splash, smaller bullet and less ammo but you can mess up groups or still indirectly hit some misses and it has a faster speed.

Yet another of the family I missed...

------***-------
so~ Let me make my thoughts about this guy after the discussion:

1. It didn't work well in Alpha Strike with other non-homing weaponry

2. Sometimes the burning thing did give the enemy an advantages

3. It's better to tune great rapid on it, sacrificing its munition for speed instead since it's too slow that an air can avoid it like an F16 avoiding a rock slingshot by a kid ^^;;

Ok thanks for the participation so far Very Happy

Still awaits for another comment thou!
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 am

ummm... actually it works pretty well with zooka alpha, since zooka projectiles do not always, but usually stun the enemy AIR target.

however, you WILL need high FLY stats (try to get as much FLY b4 going for TEC to be truly successful). i didn't need speed tunes.

wat you do is get a Large Zooka (other choice is Blast Zooka) on one hand, volcano on the other... on a Greinaut AM.

to hit targets on land, fly as close to the target (but far enough for you to dodge if the target is melee). easy as that. the Greinaut AM's curve gun is a very accurate beam weapon that can sometimes be used to hold enemy land targets still (by stunning them) to increase the chance of your volcano to hit.

if there is an AIR, ignore the auto aim and shoot somewhere that you PREDICT the enemy will be at by the next .5~1 sec (depending on altitude).

Large zooka's projectile is usually big enough to hit AIR bots unless the target is too high off the ground (AG, Shaden BS, Vector Eagle, Seraph, etc... but please... this is a problem even if you DIDN'T have volcano grenade), and so it can usually stun the target enough for the volcano projectile to reach them.

be sure to single shot with Large Zooka to stun the target until their altitude lowers a bit b4 proceeding to alpha.

i dont use this build anymore tho... not that it doesnt work, but becuz i dont use L-arts anymore. i fell in luv with amateus *_*
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:12 am

I'd pair it with a Psygun core user, like Lily Rain as mentioned above. Trying to equip a handheld Psygun can give you a headache when you look at the cost.

The arcing trajectory gives you trouble in enclosed spaces, like tunnels/caves.
Alternatively, you can equip a normal Grenade on a LND and go pseudo-ART. I've only done this with Cyclotes so I don't know how well it works with shorter bots, but the arcing trajectory of the Grenade lets you perform remote bombardment on distant areas. My measurements aren't especially accurate, but at maximum angle, the distance traveled by the grenade is slightly more than the radius of your minimap.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:58 pm

well... im ussualy choose use grenade for side arm of my maxis . not volcano, just the little one, alternate for Burner cause burner ammo run out so fast.
while it not so effective for long throw salvo, it pretty much effective at close range to point blank , especialy to fend off anyone who try get clost before run away... since the burning also make em harder to navigate. (except if it was blazed baron)
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:24 pm

@Dracatis wrote:
People tend to avoid grenades because they don't actually want to try to use a weapon which requires skill. It's the same reason people don't use Fizaliven HD, though for a 60 cost grenade (which is normally Large so smalls can use this) with additional stats it's just short of ridiculous.

You mean like this? (I'm still reeling from the fact that this works so well in Arena)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 pm

do you have some sort of aversion to building good bots or something

Spoiler:

1. Boost Run doesn't go with Short Boost, unless you like having no boost gauge wherever you go (unless someone relevant tells me otherwise, this is what I know)
2. I'm pretty sure that's not how you tune a grenade weapon, but what do I know about weapon tuning (also great force does the same thing as high force for this particular weapon lul why waste cost)
3. is lazflamme am4 that k-shield arm? if so then lulgaraparts
4. if you're willing to spend some rt then those lazflamme lg/ghost raider am parts can easily be tuned to give even more relevant stats
5. i can't even be assed to use shift anymore
Back to top Go down
syaondri
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
syaondri

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:39 am

Whoa, I never thought there will be this much poster regardless the mistake I made ^^; ((putting it on the artilery types instead of weapon section ^^Wink)

Thanks for the commentary and I hope it will be helpful for those UC players who's starving for good weaponry but don't have the money to buy the expensive one Very Happy

And thanks for the built recommendations too! I hope it'll also be helpful for everyone ^_^
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:43 am

@Midreus wrote:

1. Boost Run doesn't go with Short Boost, unless you like having no boost gauge wherever you go (unless someone relevant tells me otherwise, this is what I know)
here's the otherwise

Misty Hollow (but that's only 1 bot...)
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 4:59 am

If anything, shortboost helps with boost run. The landing time and descent gives your boost guage time to refill, giving you more boost without having to stop moving.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 am

saw 20k volcano grenade in bazaar.
2x great rapid and last slot untuned.
didnt buy thou.
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 pm

@BNOISE wrote:
here's the otherwise

Misty Hollow (but that's only 1 bot...)

i have yet to classify you as "relevant"

@Trill wrote:
If anything, shortboost helps with boost run. The landing time and descent gives your boost guage time to refill, giving you more boost without having to stop moving.

Well okay, you do recover some good amount of boost when landing even with a Quick Jump cartridge, so that sounds plausible enough. I'd imagine you'd still have to watch your gauge while running if you don't want your hop to be cut short, though.

Also, you don't recover boost during descent whatcha talking about :3c
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyndon

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Tbh there only useful to get bots to fuck off and when you want to use them offensively you need to be high off the ground where its hard for lnds to get you while they are climbing u burn them 70% they fall off and u repeat the process till they realize how fucking stupid they are .Now on airs don't rely on the red mark thing target predict where they going most airs will fly clock wise move around counter clock wise shooting them with 41+ dmg a burn then alpha-hag when there on the ground so they get stunned and repeat the process.
Back to top Go down
Zethoro

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:27 pm

AMJ's + max CAPA + 4 Cano Nades = Power Spot destroyed in 10 seconds flat.
These things may not be too great vs crazy movers, but I see tons of teams where NOBODY is anywhere near the power spot. take the side road with my max CAPA Destructor CN with 4 cano nades, Power spot is gone. You guys need to guard your power spots better XD

....in a battle without power spots? ...eh.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 pm

whoaaaa thereee, buddy.
do not necro. ee;

go read the rules, zethoro.
can't post if the last post was more than 30 days old from your post
unless you add something helpful, like really helpful.
Back to top Go down
syaondri
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
syaondri

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 pm

now that it's necro-ed anyway... what's cano nade '-';;?

Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:37 pm

@syaondri wrote:
now that it's necro-ed anyway... what's cano nade '-';;?

It's his way of saying Volcano Grenade. Locking topic now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Volcano Grenade Anyone?   Volcano Grenade Anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Volcano Grenade Anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Weapons-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com