Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Land Art

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Land Art   Land Art EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:28 pm

So I'm making a bot that's supposed to be an air hunting bot LND. I think its a great idea as airs have the capacity to bully arts these days while the only thing airs have over arts is speed. Though I think its potentially a great idea and keeping it to myself might be better so people wont use it against me, I feel it's for the good of all of CB if (more) LNDs pwn airs(and i'm thinking of quitting airs xP). I wont be revealing my build but this is what the land art should be:

Mainly anti air
Have at least red tier boost run
Have homing weap tuned for rapid/range for airs
Have a second weap for everything other than airs, also used for wing spamming seraphs
Other recommended carts are blast guard, stun regain (also quick boost if available) and I'm going with boost run and quick land as I'm really used to moving around and dodging with it but you can go with other stuff.
I reccomend Accel Saber as he really has the capacity to achieve red tier boost run.

Yes its inspired after this bot. This bot still survives today mind you and imho it only needs some retooling here and there before it becomes an air hunting beast.

Here's a possible completely UC build:
Spoiler:

Some cocky Q&A
Q: But why use a LND against an Air? Arent LNDs weak against Airs?
A: LNDs have a couple of high tier ART-ish weaps and the speed needed to match the advantage that airs have over other units.

Q: Wont you be better off with a sheild?
A: You dont need a sheild if you dont get hit. ;3

Q: But why do you need two weaps?
A: I dont like dying okay? And I do a good job staying alive tbh. One gun isnt enough to get me through the whole match.

Last edited by Andrax on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t7900-classic-baz-hopper-build

This is all u nid.
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:49 pm

tggt wrote:

This is all u nid.
I intentionally did not mention hopping for a reason.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Accel Saber + tuned rocket launcher + Negatron rifle (tuned if you want) + 36 wlk + use the rest on tec = Small Anti lnd and air lnd with no need to hop unless to move around faster or actually avoid some enemy art fire.
Maybe you could fit a melee AM, but I don't see it as a necessity.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
DEAD
DEAD

Male Posts : 1138

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Let's get oldschool in here, double rocket launcher psycho hatigarm.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Courius

Female Posts : 928

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:05 pm

or double rocket launcher Byne works too... only problem his wlk...
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:18 pm

byne is loaded up on shields, i think he can tank enough hits by the time it's dead
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 am

Spoiler:

Posted a build in OP.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 am

^This.
If you don't hop, then expect to get low scores or die...
Not very anti-air if you're going to hop. Especially if you come across a SDCer....

I'm telling you because I've tried the build that you posted above before, and it does NOT work
I'm not a newb either Embarassed

Post a few screenies of you using it and getting decent scores (with 0 cost) and I'll change my mind >w<
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:39 am

@Andrax wrote:

Mainly anti air
Have at least red tier boost run
Have homing weap tuned for rapid/range for airs
Have a second weap for everything other than airs, also used for wing spamming seraphs
Other recommended carts are blast guard, stun regain (also quick boost if available) and I'm going with boost run and quick land as I'm really used to moving around and dodging with it but you can go with other stuff.

I dont really see why anti airs need to hop at all. What's important is getting as much vertical distance between you and the air bot with boost run so you can gun it down with your Rocket Lancher. Avoiding enemy fire with only boost run is completely viable especially if you have high tier boost run. Boost running is easier to control than hopping and therefore just as good imo. I dont really use hopping to dodge that much myself but it's up to you. I made hopping optional because i feel theres alot of room to test for yourselves.

P.S. Idk why you seem to think baz-hoppers are effective against airs at all. -.- Here I'll spell it out for you; baz-hoppers arent effective against airs. And I'll even elaborate why; bazookas are slow(easy to dodge especially by airs), hopping makes it harder to aim, airs can hover right above you so you cant even see them let alone hit them, airs are faster than you.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 am

Tune the baz
The only airs that should be faster than lands are seraph wings or shaden bs
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 am

@xzpwnz wrote:
Tune the baz
Tuning baz hurts its already sad supply of ammo. Also, I tuned RL(it has almost the same speed as zook) for rapid and it dosnt seem that much better.
@xzpwnz wrote:
The only airs that should be faster than lands are seraph wings or shaden bs
Nu Uh
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Popuko Running
Popuko Running

Male Posts : 1298

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 pm

i have never seen you take a suggestion, are you trying to waste people's time?
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

DaneDroid wrote:
i have never seen you take a suggestion, are you trying to waste people's time?
Yes. Go away.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:00 pm

I'm pretty new at this game, so correct me if I'm wrong, but what if you come up against an AIR type that has a STOVL? The homing on Rocket Launchers never seemed that good to me, particularly on the y-axis, which is where the most variance occurs with STOVL bots. They could just drop you with high damage weapons (Long Beam Rifle seems like a prime example) while dodging all your shots or getting out of range. And what about the boost altitude factor? What happens if you're in a map like Desiccant Hills and they're just doing fly-bys at an altitude you can't reach? You can't point your weapons straight up even if you could hit them before they disappeared over a plateau...
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:11 pm

@IncuSlave wrote:
I'm pretty new at this game, so correct me if I'm wrong, but what if you come up against an AIR type that has a STOVL? The homing on Rocket Launchers never seemed that good to me, particularly on the y-axis, which is where the most variance occurs with STOVL bots. They could just drop you with high damage weapons (Long Beam Rifle seems like a prime example) while dodging all your shots or getting out of range. And what about the boost altitude factor? What happens if you're in a map like Desiccant Hills and they're just doing fly-bys at an altitude you can't reach? You can't point your weapons straight up even if you could hit them before they disappeared over a plateau...

That's why arts should take the top. Pretty much like Canyon Coast, airs can't get much altitude on the top, so they are much easier to hit. Destructor can do stupidly well on those maps because of airs flying so low. The problem is when the map is filled with lnds. Well, if the lnd users are dumb, they won't go to the middle of the map to kill arts, since there is always people that like to play rape tunnel simulator, be it feeding or derp rushing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Land Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Land Art   Land Art Empty

Back to top Go down

Land Art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com