Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?

Go down 
+5
Malphes
Nymph~
fhoeng
Problem?
Me99909
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? Empty
PostSubject: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 am

These are two things that still elude me and the only solution to them seems to be using the same right back at them which isn't possible. I can't get AG even if she were to show up in garapon and I can't afford to tune the 40 tough or whatever it takes to take 1 damage per shot from just about anything. The only answer to that seems to be my alpha striking Aquila so it can do 1 damage shots incredibly fast but actually hitting with it is another thing completely. Likely just die in two shots from being in range to strike it.

As for AG, I don't know. On the off-chance I actually manage to hit one with a bazooka I've already one all that is needed, the rest will be done by the swarms of missiles and gunfire that was recently missing her. I've actually had better luck going in with Heligal or Tristar and sneaking up on one to melee it down from the air. Linear Cannons and Missiles certainly can't hit them at all and they fly a little too high and glitchy for a bazooka to predictably hit.

Of course, that assumes that I can sneak up on it, as I don't have a bot that can avoid enemy artillery fire.
Back to top Go down
Problem?
Problem?

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:38 am

I don't know about AG sorry, however when fighting large lands you have aquilla so it shouldn't be rocket science. Take a variety of beam weapons fly up on top of a cliff, rock ect... and alpha strike (they can't melee you and lands lack in tec - which doesn't affect firepower that much anyway.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gekkeg.blogspot.com
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:21 am

Don't know what to say about aquila girl.

Really sound more like an aiming issue than bot ability.

Also, when you are being attacked, charge weapon should be one of your last choice unless you tune your bot to use charge weapon while being attacked.

Last edited by fhoeng on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 am

tuned TGH won't make you receive 1 dmg, and EVE cannon/titanzoka (and whatever with lots of force and long intervall) still hit as hard as usuall. also experienced alphags can easily timing their shoot and still give that 40TGH bot 60+ dmg/burst. 40 TGH only works effectifely under heavy attack by lots of enemy/powerfull melee

against AG (you seems have a bad aim with LC/zok), UC alternative, seraph+TUNED minizoka (get on higher altitude and shoot), or find closest broken art bots and hug her/him, and make your bot FAST, most of time, they'll giveup and search easier target if they miss alot of their blaster on you. for gara alternative there alot of broken art bots who make hell to air in CB

against Though/Strong LND, just stay away and shoot, no matter how strong they are they will (slowly) die if getting shoot, and even if they can deal 200++ damage/hit, you won't die if you don't get hit . don't try melee a melee bot that MUCH stronger than you unless he distracted, but better not
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:41 am

if you have a tristar you're better off just shooting the ag Neutral
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:48 am

I could definitely do to learn how to aim better Razz. Many of my shots seem to hit yet do no damage, or they do hit for 1 damage yet my bots are often struck out of nowhere for 30-60 damage from an AG, Mialy, or other misc bots I'm not familiar with yet can do that kind of damage with a single shot.

I am and shoot but even on large tough lands its not done as much as you quote. I might be using the wrong weapons though, perhaps I should swap over to more plain beam guns instead of blasters.

I have struck things with Linear Cannon and dealt 1-7 damage to other players, in particular those overly tough LND units. I don't have an Eve Cannon and I don't think I've had a titan zook yet but my TBG's missiles are around 40 Force and they too sometimes strike land and other arts for the same 1-7 damage that my linear cannon does. My Handy Zook does more to land units because it shoots more projectiles.

My Tristar wouldn't likely hit the AG and dealing 5-10 damage, maybe a few times, isn't killing her. I'd rather kill than poke. Tuning his fly up might be a good start though.

I'm still a newb trying to figure all of this stuff out Razz. I think I prefer Chibi wars, the fights are more fair and a lot more 'bout strategy than who has stronger bots.

I can't for the life of me come up with a Melee bot that can kill anything though. I've tried using the basic Jikun Hu but I think it never works well mostly because I haven't yet gotten the 40 wlk necessary. I'm lucky to break even overall Razz.

I play mostly in the Open Rooms because my BRV is too high from using my Toybox Girls and doing decent with them.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:55 am

I play as an AG, I hate:

- Railguns
- Hoppers
- Mialy's bit
- Seraph
- Anything with high fly 38+
- Lagkuns
- Alba

I eat lands, fat arts, slow airs and any support. I also target any TBG by flying on top of them to avoid missiles while giving them a hard time.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:17 am

When you see really low damage, it is usually due to several things.

-AoE damage
-TGH dmg reduction
-damage reduction cartridge (almost all bazooka have 80% shell damage, 20% blast damage, while linear cannon have... 60~80%ish blast damage? Can't remember, but linear cannon is highly ineffective against any bot with blast guard)

To do the calculation...
example:
total bazooka damage = 10 (after calculating tec) You can find tec/damage relation chart somewhere on this forum
10*.8 = 8 shell damage
10*.2 = 2 blast damage

against air
8 + (2 * 2.3) = 12.6 total damage round down to 12
(2.3 being bonus of blast damage against air)

against blast guard
8 + (2 *.5) = 9 (.5 from blaster guard 50% off)

When you hit and see no damage

-lag
-the target was stunned and immune to damage at that moment
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:46 am

Stunning makes you immune to damage? That doesn't make sense, melee combos wouldn't work.

These low damage with high power weapons seem to happen a lot. Linear Cannon.. I just tried using a stardust cannon and got a full blast on a retreating air unit for 1 damage.

I'm not so sure about lag though, if I was lagging my computer shouldn't show my shot being fired at the time I fired it in the first place. At least that would make sense but the lag handling on Cosmic Break has always seemed.. very poor.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:15 am

severe stunned give you really short invicibility, noticed it on
1. daed BC am attack (with strong knockback effect), it's much MUCH more dangerous on CV-ed low tgh/without stun regain bot due to imunity to stun = no chance for invicibility trigger = chance to receive double damage. or that at least that i always think
2. firebunker, you will never hit twice with 2 geoG mod am, if first punch hit, second will give you 0 damage due to powerfull stun most of time, again, unless they're CV-ed

I have daed BC, geoG mod,a and CV-ed bots

that split second imunity might only the chance for us to recover from stun and use wb dodge and escape

fhoeng wrote:
all bazooka have 80% shell damage, 20% blast damage
it's 60-40 iirc .-.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:50 am

for aquila girl i've had succes with an untuned, 0s pulsardio (the build is lower on this page)

for lands, use an air like a seraph or something.

also, for AG, a heavily armed artillery would work but if it's really high, i doubt it will hit.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 am

Nymph~ wrote:
severe stunned give you really short invicibility, noticed it on
1. daed BC am attack (with strong knockback effect), it's much MUCH more dangerous on CV-ed low tgh/without stun regain bot due to imunity to stun = no chance for invicibility trigger = chance to receive double damage. or that at least that i always think
2. firebunker, you will never hit twice with 2 geoG mod am, if first punch hit, second will give you 0 damage due to powerfull stun most of time, again, unless they're CV-ed

I have daed BC, geoG mod,a and CV-ed bots

that split second imunity might only the chance for us to recover from stun and use wb dodge and escape

fhoeng wrote:
all bazooka have 80% shell damage, 20% blast damage
it's 60-40 iirc .-.
Most bazookas are 80-20 iirc, Blast is full explosion.

Against Ah-chan:
1) Stop panicking. You're being stupid and blowing her way out of proportion to the challenge she actually presents.
2) Keep moving. If you're fighting an Ah-chan, you should ALWAYS be moving. If you're not moving, you're prime to take 50+ damage per shot that she launches at you.
3) Try to negate her height advantage(Ah-chans almost always try to fuck with people by using extremely high altitudes). Once you do that, you need to be able to equal her Fullboost capacity. The easiest way to do that is by using Seraph Wings(you need 2x Internals to match Ah-chan's 2x Internals usually, and your 99s of 40+ flight should be greater than Ah-chan's 7 Full Boosts, although I've never tested this) or Shaden BS(with or without Propeller Bits). However, you can do it without said supports. Simply keep a close eye on your boost gauge and return to your landing spot when necessary; if you fall to the ground, you're at a serious disadvantage.
Once all this shit is done, pick up your Minizook and start blasting the shit out of her. An advantage of this tactic is that most(but not all! Higher-quality Ah-chan players will usually equip a handheld weapon to counter)Ah-chans are not equipped with Antiair handhelds, and it's actually a lot easier to dodge the homing blaster while airborne, especially if you close the distance.
4) If you can't cancel the height advantage(anything other than Air), your best hope is to try and dodge her homing blaster. Unfortunately, if I'm right in thinking that Fullboost gives Ah-chan a full gauge(10-12 sec airborne, depending on who you talk to), thats about 70-84 seconds of dodging you're going to need to do. Try to hit her when she falls or when she stops trying to spam out of her chest; missiles are good for this as Ah-chan lacks Crim's Antihoming ability, but bazookas can work as well.
5) Albatreos basically fucks every Air that gets near it, that goes for Ah-chan as well.
6) As amscray has already said, Pulsardio is useful against her as well. You aren't going to do any damage to her, but if you land a Dio Missile on her, it usually completely fucks her combat capacity temporarily.
7) Mikuri has already pointed this out, but Railguns are actually really useful against AG if you can aim.

Against high-TGH lands(I assume thats what you meant...)
1) The only reasons, so far as I can tell, why somebody would tune 40 TGH is 1) Stun Regain+CVeil or 2) melee-only attackers, and reason 1 bleeds into the second because most Stun Regain+CVeil users are melee-only*cough*JHam builds*cough*. Of course, there are others, but these are the most common bot types with 40 TGH.
Your answer to these guys is a pure gunner with high mobility(WLK with at least one of the ground carts or FLY). Since the majority of 40 TGH bots are melee only, keeping out of their reach is usually smart unless you're a faggy little lagkun/you're a hit-and-runner who's really, really good at it.
Against a Stun Regain+CVeil bot, again, pure gunner is usually the answer. Even if you trigger CVeil, as long as you aren't using a noob Machine Gun-type weapon or some idiot using Winberrl goes nuts with her Drawguns, you'll be fine.

DO NOT bring out your ARTs(unless you have very high WLK or FLY stats, unfortunately your mobility is somewhat worse than a Land's on the ground, so FLY is your best bet. If you're using Albatreos or Lily Rain/variants, you usually don't need to worry.) if you know there are 40 TGH Lands on the field, or you will suffer a very, very painful and quick death. And will usually end up feeding that game.

Bringing out melee against a high-TGH Land is a little like real-life close combat: Short, sweet, and really, really messy.
If you, for some odd reason, want to melee a high-TGH Land, be sure to get the first strike. A hit-and-runner works better than a bot that stays there until the target is dead, so Jikuns usually work pretty well(laggy or not). Attacking from behind is also pretty useful in all situations, but especially in this one.
Of course, you can also bring your own 40 TGH, Stun Regain+CVeil'd Dae/whatever else melee bot has this combo, and duel the other guy. Please note that it usually comes down to who gets CVeil activated first, since you'll usually land more hits and regenerate more HP, although there are a lot of other variables that I don't feel like talking about here and would take too much space.

Last edited by FireKiller87 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 am

Many thanks for the advice everyone Smile.

I will take these things into consideration against her. Seems like the only real counter is another Air unit and I do have a 38 fly Seraph I haven't used in ages. She just never seemed to do much of any damage when I first got her so I forgot about her but I'd never actually equipped her with a mini bazooka.

I stopped panicking from AG fire a long time ago, its more instant meh as I already knew what was going to happen the moment I am hit with the first AG blast and the only thing I can do to avoid it is duck into a cave if there is one. That's usually when a vanguard walks up to me and finishes off whatever life I have left.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Weapons like bazooka, stardust cannon, anything with explosion shot at the end, etc are weapons with 2 hit property. One the initial hit, then the bullet explode for a 2nd hit. There are also some weapon that explode but don't do 2 part damages, don't remember them all on top of my head. So it is possible you saw the stardust cannon 1 damage due to the explosion on top of some other reductions. It is also possible that it was actually an ally and you hit 1 damage on ally (unlikely, but just listing possibility).

Also, arty is still the hard counter to aquila if you know what to do. Of course, seraph is probably the easy way out due to the wing, but good aquila girl can bazooka back just as easily. The only hard counter seraph do to aquila girl is motivational based. Why fight that seraph when you can hunt some noob for more points?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Rapid-tuned Ballistic Launchers are a superb UC anti-AG weapon, as are bazookas of pretty much any type. Blast-based railguns such as Mialy BD and Linear Cannon are also highly effective. As for dealing with the homing blaster just move at a 90 degree angle from her and watch everything miss.

It really depends on the LND in question; tgh isn't the deciding factor in how you counter a build. Only tip I can give is to shoot in bursts instead of constantly to let damage reduction reset itself between hits. If they have high tgh and stun regain, melee and heavy-stun weapons will be that much less effective too.
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:03 pm

fhoeng, I'd rather hunt down the strongest bots on the enemy team to ensure my own teams victory rather than hunt down noobs to gain personal score. Its more satisfying to know I killed the enemy TBG or other strong bot.

I have a couple Gatling Zooks from my lastest failure to procure the gold bots, took a while to get that rt.

Trouble is they cost so much to equip Its probably going to be my only weapon with maybe a side accelgun or something when it runs out of ammo. And it actually keeps ammo fairly well.

But this means to the ends doesn't bode well as I have to hit the enemy consistently to get the most out of the zook.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Me99909 wrote:
fhoeng, I'd rather hunt down the strongest bots on the enemy team to ensure my own teams victory rather than hunt down noobs to gain personal score. Its more satisfying to know I killed the enemy TBG or other strong bot.

Majority of those aquila girls won't have the same ideal as you. They would avoid you serpah and hunt for more noobs (and your objective became "can you stop them fast enough before they kill more noob?"). However, if you do meet an aquila girl without that mentality, they can fight off a seraph, as it is just an air-to-air dog fight (aka, bitch fight Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?   How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I kill Aquila Girl and Overly tough LND bots?
Page 1 of 1