Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

(Dont)Need help on a hopper build

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

(Dont)Need help on a hopper build Empty
PostSubject: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 2:56 am

Spoiler:

I know that the tough runner is bad, i screwed it up. :/ But other than that does this build make sense? Is there anything I could do to make it better?

So far i have tune accel saber bs with runx3... i'm gonna tune it for wlk then tec when i get the mats for it.

Last edited by Andrax on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 4:02 am

Tough Runner is good, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Eh, Boost Run is kinda bad on hoppers IMHO.

Not having Stun Regain is bad though, should replace Sword Guard, Boost Run or Tough Runner with it TBH.

Dual-weapon is silly, pick one and stick with it.

AccelSaber HD and BS aren't the worst parts but... there are better.

Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 am

@reVelske wrote:
Tough Runner is good, absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Eh, Boost Run is kinda bad on hoppers IMHO.

Not having Stun Regain is bad though, should replace Sword Guard, Boost Run or Tough Runner with it TBH.

Dual-weapon is silly, pick one and stick with it.

AccelSaber HD and BS aren't the worst parts but... there are better.

Ok, I've switched out my rocket launcher and zook for a viper sheild and handy zook(more ammo than zook). What are the better parts then? I had cosmo kaiser head b4 but i switched it back to increase fly because im using boost run. And viper vs buckler for this build, what do you recommend?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 am

Ideally you want k-shield for accelsaber, obviously we don't all have access to that, I'd go for Buckler tbh, Accelsaber isn't exactly gigantic, buckler will suffice.

As a hopper, you are better off pumping stats into wlk rather than fly even if you are going to grab boost run, wlk benefits boost run on a lnd a lot more than fly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:00 am

Junk and rebuild to get rid of Tough Runner.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 am

^And this is the kind of shit that made eso leave fanforum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 am

@reVelske wrote:
^And this is the kind of shit that made eso leave fanforum.
I never said he should do it.
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 6:16 am

yeah might aswell raise a new accel saber, dont have enuff capacity with this build.
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Actually I'm gonna keep both weaps.

I find RLs severely effective against airs. Much more so than zooks are. I wont however, be going for RLs as my only weap. Even it might stick out a whole match. RLs suck at close range due to the delayed homing and lower blast radius. So unless I wanna be some fag sticking behind the team the whole time, plus idk why I would be a hopper at all. Zooks are limited by range and ammo. No zook can last a whole match unless I spend 1/3 of the time killing trees for ammo or get a costly part with sub weap. The buckler seems redundant since i expect to last for only half of the match.

So unless you actually suggest a weapon, it might be silly but it works.

Spoiler:

Also I'm quite happy with short boost with boost run and i'll just go try and take out tough runner. Thanks for the advice andrax. Razz
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:20 pm

the reason hoppers have shields on them is because it can negate the few hits you'll actually recieve
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:45 pm

@Malphes wrote:
the reason hoppers have shields on them is because it can negate the few hits you'll actually recieve

I think you were being sarcastic but theres was no actual sign of trolling lol. So was that sarcasm? O.o
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:57 pm

if you're good at hopping then that's basically the standard way of doing it

shield + gun (generally a zook or piercegun)

hopping fucks up with the aiming system, add that with a shield that'll tank 70 damage for you and you're instantly really fucking annoying.
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm

While i was licking off the cheez on my laptop from the pizaa I ate the other day, I had an epiphany, and epiphany said my build is ossim. My playstyle with this bot; charge into a clump of enemies supar fast(!) when you're there short boost and boost run the shit out of them(which in my opinion is MUCH better than only short boost at dodging). Dance around them with the bazooka, their heads will be spining. I usually run/jump circles around them for maximum confusion, the enemies that arent in the clump would be busy trying to hit me only to hit their teammates(i use them as my sheild hows that?!). Having dual slayer makes this even better. I believe tough runner helps me escape when I run low on hp. For everything else, use rocket launcher.

I believe this doesnt fit in to hopper, if this is an original build/playstyle i'll give myself the honor of naming it Hunpper(runner and hopper mixed xD)
YOU WANT ANNOYING?! HERE YA GO MOTHERFUCKER! Mad Mad Mad

I pulled my shit together and used my head to rebuild my bot. I'm keeping it at 30 wlk cause it's max breakpoint for short boost and im going fast enuf+ i also hit a breakpoint with 30wlk/7fly. From this point on I'll be tuning my weaps and my tec n tough. Gonna kill my rocket launcher ammo for rapid(im not sure what to do with the zook).

Heres my current build:
Spoiler:

P.S. Im not sure if it was cheeze but it sure was good.
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Bazooka and Rocket launcher? Ew. No.
Pick either one and choose a cheaper (preferably shell type) sidearm
for lower cost and since you'll do shit damage to lands with blast.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Bazooka or Rocket Launcher? You may only have one. You want a lower cost unless you're good at hopping which I highly doubt because, of your rank. But, hey who knows? Rank is just an image. If you're confident go ahead. But, I will tell you that I see a lot of one weapon hoppers equipped with a K-Shield or any other type of defense.

Also, Boost Run isn't a good idea to be honest...
Back to top Go down
Andrax
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Andrax

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:12 pm

@donggyu wrote:
Bazooka and Rocket launcher? Ew. No.
Pick either one and choose a cheaper (preferably shell type) sidearm
for lower cost and since you'll do shit damage to lands with blast.

Shell type? Ew. No. Lol i do at least 30 damage to lands with the zook. If you mean the resistance thing, you're thinking about arts and those are the easiest targets for me. And if you're talking like that then I suppose you know alot about being a hopper dont you? So do you think it's easy to hit and deal decent damage with a shell type while consciously hopping? Much less a hopper with short boost? Also, bazooka(60) and RL(80) are already cheap. Any shell type cheaper than that is shit.

Aegis wrote:
Bazooka or Rocket Launcher? You may only have one. You want a lower cost unless you're good at hopping which I highly doubt because, of your rank. But, hey who knows? Rank is just an image. If you're confident go ahead. But, I will tell you that I see a lot of one weapon hoppers equipped with a K-Shield or any other type of defense.

Also, Boost Run isn't a good idea to be honest...

Nope. I will have both. Nope Im not gonna lower my cost. Nope, I dont care about other hoppers. Nope. Boost Run is a good idea to be honest.

Thread Ends. Thanks for the posts, wont be taking advice about this anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyndon

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Dont you think your walk is a bit slow you will get shots raped and made a some arts bitch if you dont get around 33+ wlk
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7874

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:00 pm

OP has stated that he's done, so I'll lock it now upon request :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Dont)Need help on a hopper build   (Dont)Need help on a hopper build Empty

Back to top Go down

(Dont)Need help on a hopper build
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forums hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com