Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Nicole Malice Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

Male Posts : 145

Nicole Malice Guide Empty
PostSubject: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:22 pm

Introduction
I've noticed a trending increase in the number of Nicole Malices in the arena. Seems like a little while after it came out, it's popularity exploded, so I've decided to make a general guide to using Nicole. As I am neither the most lauded or the most learned player in Cosmic Break, feel free to suggest additions and correct blatant mistakes or instances of ignorance that I impart.

First things first, you're going to need a tune/level guide. This one seems to work for me:
Spoiler:

Explanation
The high FLY setup helps enhance both Boost Run and Short Boost, making you more mobile and much harder to hit. The buckler helps when an enemy gets too close, but as long range assault is one of the hallmarks of my personal style of Nicole play, I tend to refrain from making contingencies in case a LND type slips my net. If one does get close, it's easier to get away then engage. Because of this the Buckler is only intended to allow for relatively unscathed retreat, and is not intended for extended usage. The whole point of this build is to facilitate a hit-and-run style of gameplay, so TGH and other forms of defense did not get extensive work done on them. Some might say this is high cost: this is undeniably correct. However, I have found that when played correctly, Nicole Malice is virtually unassailable; 90% of the time, I make it through an entire match with no deaths.

But I digress.

Basic axioms you need to know when playing Nicole:
1. Your job is not to go for as many frags as possible.
2. Extended battles will be the death of you
3. Dead Eye is not neccessarily an offensive tool
4. The best way to survive in a match is to be invisible

Now for the specifics.

General Gameplay Tips
As I said previously, Nicole Malice should usually be played in a hit-and-run, behind-the-scenes sort of style. Your Soul Rod has more range than most Railguns, the homing is intense, and the number of lock-ons per salvo is unlimited. With this said, you should not be getting anywhere close to your opponents when dealing damage, and the best spot to attack from is a high, relatively concealed or uncontested area. In a map like Sun City, this usually means the pillars on the embankments or area directly above your enemy's Power Spot. Remember, your Boost Drain does the most damage against AIR types, and this means they should be your primary target. Since line-of-sight is necessary for effective use, it is acceptable to descend to a well defended area if the situation demands it.

Weapon Selection
Beam weapons, with their affinity for carving up LND types, are usually best for nicole malice. If you have not tuned away all of your capacity, I would suggest keeping a Beam Machine Gun handy. You can easily ground AIR types, leaving them as prey for your own team's ARTs, so there's really no real threat there (outside of isolated incidents): and you should never be any where near the enemy ARTs; however, LNDs, with their inherent ability to bypass the front lines of a battle and raid the opponent's team, are usually the most formidable threat to a Nicole Malice.

Dead Eye Usage
Dead Eye is not best used as a tool for fragging. In fact, Frags should be the last thing on your mind. His ability to draw most homing rounds away from you and his powerful Burn-inducing shots make him ideal for dealing with LND types that get too close to you and those pesky ARTs that you would never have come across if you had been careful. The only instance in which you should use Dead Eye as an offensive tool is when your HP is dangerously low and and a kamikaze approach is the most effective use of your remaining hit points. Even if you fill up your WB Gauge and he's ready to go, don't run to the front lines in an attempt to use him. Save him until there is an opportunity to use him effectively or you desperately need more firepower. Conversely, if you wind up in a situation where you could use him effectively, do not hesitate to use him. Your Soul Rod shots will charge you WB Gauge extremely rapidly, more than likely allowing you to fill your Gauge back up to full long before you will need him again.

I sill be adding more to this later, but now I have to go. My tiny netbook is on the verge of overheating.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:50 pm

>boost run
>WLK: 20 FLY: 30
>Great Run
>High Boost
>High Run
>Great Tough
>High Tough
>"Your Soul Rod has more range than most Railguns"
>"your Boost Drain does the most damage against AIR types"
...etc

Why te heck did i read this._.
Back to top Go down
Sivaschin
Sivaschin

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Deadeye bit draijns your boost gauge.

so flying and float dashing is very bad with it out.

Edit:

Remove flyy, pump wlk with Short Boost + Quick Land

Last edited by Sivaschin on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:12 pm

I normally try to be nice when giving shamelessly-stolen-from-other-people tips
but

Boost run on Nicole is probably the dumbest thing you could possibly do
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:22 pm

I dont like fly based, because it limits your mobility severely during Dead Eye summon, which is usually when you need it most. I would avoid fly all together and go for something closer to this. You could drop the buckler for a bit more stats or carts, but if I had Nicole I'd do this to her:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Not sure if trolling...
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Very Kek
Very Kek

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 2:49 pm

@Trill wrote:
I dont like fly based, because it limits your mobility severely during Dead Eye summon, which is usually when you need it most. I would avoid fly all together and go for something closer to this. You could drop the buckler for a bit more stats or carts, but if I had Nicole I'd do this to her:

Spoiler:

1 - Unless she's on RO or you get a 3s version on a lotto, you won't be triple tuning her parts, since she only has 2s on the shop.
2 - Her HD actually has no slots.
3 - Wlk Nicole is cool. I have one, the problem is the low HP. Mine will only have 450. D;
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:15 pm

short boost + boost run?
you do realize nicole malice isn't a run and gun hopper right?
You could at least get blast guard too.

seriously... you have a buckler and boost run?
i would've at least expected you to stick on 2 3s handy zooka and then be running around like that and saying lookie me ima hopper gunner with nicole malice body

best suggestion in terms of carts in my opinion -
sword guard (can be swapped for broad radar if you aren't front line nicole deadeye spammer and not taking advantage of his melee)
blast guard
tough wonder bit
sway
all capa

tunes - spam walk tunes to 30, i don't care what you do next

and then do like me and spam dead eye even if the wb boost gauge is only like 1/3 full
just keep spamming dead eye and then keep running on sway to get that invincibility frame

here's a thread go look at it
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t4667-nicole-malice-float-dash-vs-sway

sway is better if you rt nicole cause it's got the invincibility frame
while float dash or short boost for uc nicole
course you probably shouldn't short boost anyways unless you got a gun or something
Back to top Go down
MrXerxes
MrXerxes

Male Posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 4:19 am

Using a booster cart is pretty dumb if you ask me, since nicole gets waste booster once she summons her bit. If you really want a dash cart, get sway, not short boost or float dash and deffinitely not boost run...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Malice Guide   Nicole Malice Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Nicole Malice Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Support Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com