Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta Empty
PostSubject: Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta   Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Dunno what's going on....

Upon logging into my main acct, the game just decided to sit there for a few minutes with everything frozen up...after about a minute, everything snapped to, then suddenly froze again(including all controls) for another minute....

This went on for 4-5 minutes, then suddenly corrected itself after I made it into the Wiz area. *shrug*

Tried checking into my Dos alt acct, and it was even worse, but I was in the Dos area all the time...had to tab out to Windows Task Manager to force-close the game, as it just sat there doing nothing, then moving in bursts, then freezing again....

I'm certain it isn't ping, as it was happening in all the various areas with no rhyme or reason, and as I mentioned above, after awhile on my main acct, everything was fine...anyone else getting anything like this in the last few days? :\

=edit=

Checked my ping, just to be sure...still in the low 80s to California....
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta   Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:13 am

Thought I'd update the situation....

I've finally noticed that, on my main account, it generally does this for 5-10 minutes, then returns to normal, yet effectively stays this way on my 2 alt accts, rendering them unplayable....

Cpu usage goes up to 98% (!!) for the duration of this, and am unsure of why it's happening, except that it's only been doing so for a few updates now...; no idea what may've triggered it....
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta   Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:01 am

reinstalling the game might help...
getting a new harddrive might work...
buying a new computer would definitely fix all your problems.

just wondering... what kind of computer are you using?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta   Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:48 am

check what application use most of your CPU power on task manager process tab, then kill it if it's not cosmic.exe, if it is maybe virus like sality infected your cosmic.exe, and yes they will make your PC unuseable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta   Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta Empty

Back to top Go down

Huge lag spikes(?) since last patch..sorta
Page 1 of 1