Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects

Go down 
+27
Sora
Relict?
HashiriyaR32
Prior
Tickle
Winty
zeando
Rufei
Hyoka
Arti
Dracatis
Kecepirit
Astral_Dono
Suki_Eve
IronDicks
Reinel
fggt
xzpwnz
resireth
God is a Cat Girl
ArturiaPendragon
nzlk
Aria
blead
Nymph~
Aurum_Sol
Reversal
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

Male Posts : 245

Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects Empty
PostSubject: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:02 am

Not sure if there are any threads about these, but I'll make one here.
Status effects play an important part of the game. They often decide whether you die or you escape. There are negative and positive effects, I will list them here. (I will not list effects that are instant, such as School Crimrose's moe circle that instantly heals you for around 100 hp, or Katalina's Steal Boost)

Burn: Burn is caused by the burn trap, fire pillar, various weapons/bots, or burn tuned melee subs. It makes you run forward nonstop, and you will find it difficult to change direction. While it is doing so, your health also gets slowly deducted. This is good for causing chaos in the enemy team. There is a good thing to burn though, it gives you 40 FLY and 20 WLK for the duration of the effect. You can get rid of burn by jumping into water. The Anti Burn cartridge allows you to move normally even when on fire.

Slow: Just as the name says, it slows all your movements down. This makes even a Shaden slower than most other bots. Also, turning around is also slowed, so your reactions will suffer. Caused by slow traps, slow tuned melee subs, or by various other bots. This is most commonly tuned into weapons used by melee bots, so they can constantly attack you while you are too slow to escape. Effects can be partially negated by having the Anti Slow cart.

Disorder: This effect drastically reduces your weapon's accuracy. Be it a super accurate railgun, this bullet will fly somewhere else. This is very troubling, as the bullets fly everywhere, and you cannot hit the enemy, even if he is right infront of you. This does not affect your melee weapons. Caused by disorder traps, disorder tuned melee subs, or various other bots.

Bind: This effect makes vines entangle your body, and completely disables your mobility. It, however, does not restrict your from using your weapons. You can continue to shoot while you're binded. Bind is usually caused by Winberrls.

Shock: This effect allows you to move, but you're unable to use your subweapons. This is very useful against melee bots, or bots that spam homing missiles. Caused by various weapons.

Stun: This is not a visible effect on the HUD. When stunned, you are unable to move or attack. Usually caused by hard hitting melee bots. Stun time is usually rather short unless you get repeatedly attacked, or have a low TGH. This effect can be negated by Crimson Viel.

Shell Drain: This effect causes your weapon's ammo to be slowly drained during the duration of the effect. This affects subweapons, too. Also what makes people rage against Drain Haku. It is caused by the Shell Drain trap, shell drain tuned melee sub, or by various other bots.

Hyper Shot: This effect is activated when under a PS, or a Burst Fire bit. It cuts your weapon's interval by half, thus making them fire two times faster. It also doubles your clip, allowing you to fire more shots per click. (eg. Armor Breaker is usually one shot per click, but under Hyper Shot, you will fire two shots if you hold down the mouse)

Long Range: Activated from Long Range circles or Long Range bits. As it's name says, it increases your weapon's range, and also makes auto aim work further than usual. It also increases your weapon's speed, making your bullets travel faster. Though not as coveted as Hyper Shot, it is very useful for ARTs like Toybox, or Destructor, who usually stay in the back lines and shoot from there.

Clearance: It clears all status effects, and makes you immune to them for the duration of the effect. Can be activated from Ion's water bullets, or Regina's circle (after it is watered by Ion).

Refill Water: Unique to Ion. Can only be used in water once, but after that has a number of times it can be recharged out of water before it needs refilling in water again. It refills her Water Bazooka charge count and doubles the AOE her Water Bazooka can hit.

All Guard: Gives you Beam, Sword, Blast, and Shell guard, all at the same time. Stacks with the respective guard cart. Activated from chibi kisses, Ion's water can, and various other moebots.

Auto Repair: Activated by Regina's circle. It makes you automatically heal over the duration of the effect.

Bad Homing: As the name suggests, it screws up your homing. Inflicted by Pulsardio and various other bots.

Booster Trouble: Screws up your flying, making you fall to the ground. Inflicted by Amateus and Geminion L.

Waste Booster: Makes your booster dry up much faster than normal. Very unhealthy to AIR types, which will fall into the onslaught of the ARTs' missiles. Inflicted by Nicole's staff.

Charge Delay: Lengthens the charging time of weapons that need to charge (eg. Railguns, ABRs). Inflicted by Nemlim.

Full Boost: Unique to Aquila Girl. Status increases flying speed. (Actual subweapon does a STOVL and refills boost guage)

Overdrive: Unique to Vanguard. Increases lance stabbing/sword swinging/axe swinging speed (depends on Vanguard type). Also increases combo and range. Enables air combos, as well. Makes him all the more deadly.

Shadow Step: Kagetama's trademark ability. Allows use for a dash that makes him invisible. Lasts for 25 seconds and cancels other buffs.

Late Clock: Sigma Clock's trademark ability. Causes clocks to appear, and you will be slowed (not as much as the regular slow). Also, like an opposite of Hyper Shot, it increases your weapon's interval, making you fire slower than usual. Extremely deadly to alpha bots.

Dark Mist: Misty Hollow's trademark ability. Makes dark clouds appear around you, and renders you immune to projectiles.

Crimson Veil: Ivis' trademark ability. Gives you a darkish red glowing effect, and renders you completely immune to stun. "why i hit her she no stop!?"

Charge Plus: Unique to Lily Rain EVE. Makes your EVE Cannon lock on much faster than normal.

Just a note: I suggest you don't makes any healing circles under the PS. I've seen many Regina players do that. It makes people who need the hyper shot not get what they want (You need to fly in the PS without touching the circle for the Hyper Shot), and may cause the team to lose.

Revenge: Crimson Veil/Hyper Shot/Clearance also gives the all guard effect.

Please let me know if I've missed any. Will continue to edit and add as information is obtained.

Last edited by Reversal on Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:53 am

wont bother to look much into what else is missing, but:

charge delay and refill water are missing
Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:56 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
wont bother to look much into what else is missing, but:

charge delay and refill water are missing
Not sure how those two work, but looking at the names, I can guess that Charge Delay would make them charging weapons take longer to charge? I can also guess that Refill Water is unique to Ion, and something to do with her weapon's ammo?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:03 am

Spoiler:
.-.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:42 am

Same as anti burn, anti slow doesn't completely negate slow-just reduce the effect.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 5:57 am

Revenge Tunes not included in HS and CV.

Revenge: CV has All Guard btw.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:14 am

Oh, and Pulsardio can cause both disorder and bad homing.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:24 am

Aria wrote:

all revenge tunes has allguard effect once activated
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:48 am

Nymph~ wrote:
Aria wrote:

I only tuned CV so...
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:00 am

Aria wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:
Aria wrote:

I only tuned CV so...
i tested stuff alot, when fanforum can't give me certain answer
including how CV:revenge + CV:clearance interact each other in one bot
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:05 am

Nymph~ wrote:
Aria wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:

I only tuned CV so...

meh, thanks for correcting me then.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:25 am

Nymph~ wrote:

exact result ?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:00 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:

exact result ?
fail badly, after a week with CV+clearance lgs melee rush
it seems 2 diferent revenge tune will reduce chance trigered even more, not even trigerred 10 times in 50 is matches
no, it doesn't stack
but it's fun to punches through shock shield and trolling geso whip when clearanceactivated
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 am

Nymph~ wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:

exact result ?
it seems 2 diferent revenge tune will reduce chance trigered even more, not even trigerred 10 times in 50 is matches
no, it doesn't stack
but it's fun to punches through shock shield and trolling geso whip when clearanceactivated

does the active revenge stay active or is it replaced ? (with this last bit of information tested i can close that book too ;D)
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 8:42 am

Reversal wrote:

Hyper Shot/Burst Fire: This effect is activated when under a PS, or a Burst Fire bit. It cuts your weapon's interval by half, thus making them fire two times faster. It also allows you to fire more shots per click. (eg. Armor Breaker is usually one shot per click, but under Hyper Shot, you will fire two shots if you hold down the mouse)

I believe hyper shot doubles your clip size(roughly). Think it's 2x regular clip, +1 extra shot in some cases.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:02 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

exact result ?
no, it doesn't stack

does the active revenge stay active or is it replaced ? (with this last bit of information tested i can close that book too ;D)
hmm, if one activated, it's NEVER replaced with other unless it's already ended on my test
but' it's really rare trigerred, not even against 2 winberl/daed am/other melee in test with mah friends, so I'm not sure
just say it's not worth it, i ended up use my star coin to buy regret

feel free to test it,
i should tried put 3 diferrent revenge in one leg before regreted it, maybe it'll give diferrent result Sleep
Back to top Go down
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:06 am

A simple to read yet informative guide, nice job. ^_^

You forgot to mention Lala Ricotte also gives Crimson Veil, although the duration isn't exactly much to boast about.

Speaking of Lala, do you suggest her to dance ON the PS or without the PS?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:38 pm

Reversal wrote:

Just a note: I suggest you don't makes any healing circles under the PS. I've seen many Regina players do that. It makes people who need the hyper shot not get what they want (You need to fly in the PS without touching the circle for the Hyper Shot), and may cause the team to lose.
not only healing circle, all other circle on PS is worse. regina might want her healing bit to get hypershot effect. good regina will heal on PS which considerably save/far from battle field. thus we don't need Hypershoot when we don't have something to shoot.
and one big mistake, some idiot put long range unit under PS, on epoch. on tight map.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:12 am

Refill Water makes Water Bazooka stronger for a limited time. I don't know how it changes the damage, but the projectiles are bigger with Refill Water. (stupid training arena doesn't have water, and I only tested Ion in there).

And doesn't Regina's Auto Repair change to something else when Ion waters her? (wtf phrase)
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:35 am

About refill, the damage stays the same iirc.

Purified repair field gives autoRep+clearance.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 am

For Charge Delay, its effect is what you suspected. Weapons that take time to charge up (Like Gatling Buster and railguns, for instance) will have their charge time extended. Not a very common status effect, but really deadly to certain bots. (Saggitary Maxis affected by this = super long railgun charge time)
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:57 am

Description on stun is wrong
Description on burn is wrong
Shell drain & slow can be inflicted a lot moe ways besides traps
It should be noted that burn, shell drain, disorder, and slow can be inflicted via melee sub
Vanguard buff overdrive is missing
This is the most I'll help you with your guide
You could find out the rest yourself (probably)
Back to top Go down
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Reversal

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:09 am

@xzpwnz- does overdrive increase the attack power? or just the speed?
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 am

Baron's self burn is different kind of burn.
Long range can be activated from long range bit too.
All guard can be activated from some other thing: moe field, devil guard...

U should look at this topic for smth useful:
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t6623-buff-and-debuff-system
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 9:17 am

Oh I forgot my favourite one, Late Clock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects   Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini Encyclopedia of Status Effects
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next