Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

[DOS] Iconoclast

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

Male Posts : 459

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Spoiler:

In the beginning, there was a very old DOS clan named MSBS, lead by Flandyrll. Later on, we merged with MoD, and became Iconoclast. Near the time when ShwarserHase (the new MoD clan, lead by Ahegao) decided to splinter off from us, our leader also took an extensive leave from Cosmic Break. Player Dalam was put in charge for a month, but then the leadership position was been given to me.

Our mission as a clan is help support DOS in their CP gain, and to be a fun, helpful clan to it's members. We usually reach the Top 5 list for most CP gain in DOS.

We currently have around 70 to 80 members, varying in activeness.

Our clan is very social! We're always talking in clan chat, joking about this and that. We always like helping our fellow clanmates with their ingame and real life conflicts! In our clan, if you aren't sure about what tune to do, or what build to make, you can count on someone to give you the assistance you need. Most of us are very interested in the more complex side of CBEN: Specific tunes, discussing tactics, and making cool builds!

We always take part in the CBEN clan tourneys, and we have a lot of organization and planning that we do before our matches!

Our clan members also organize many quest running groups
, and our lack of incompetent players usually results in successful quest runs.

We have just as many hardcore, focused fighters in Iconoclast as we do casual, newer players, so no matter what rank you are, we can try to give you the support that you need.

There are some very simple restrictions concerning joining the clan:
Evil or Very Mad A literate, competent player...
Evil or Very Mad Preferably does not overuse Sugoi bots...
Evil or Very Mad Has regard for actually surviving in arena -- we frown upon mindless suicide rushers...
If all of these apply to you, you can join! All you need to to is either post in this thread (along with your rank), or /tell me while I'm online in Cosmic Break. Please do not send me an actual MESSAGE in game -- my message function is glitchy, and there is a chance I wont receive it.

Join up soon, while we have the room!
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 am

spheal with it.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 am

I wanna join,I believe I am a competent enough player.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/nisae/

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:31 am

Why are WIZ players asking to join this clan? Ah well, Can I also join?
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 am

Uh
Back to top Go down
Kainagi
Kainagi

Male Posts : 46

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:06 pm

I look forward to see how your clan Iconolast grow. Look forward to see your clan in the top five clan among all DOS. Deadlock is in top 100th. I not want to brag but Deadlock seem to be the top three clan among all DOS. Feel free to think it not true. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 4:10 pm

@Kainagi wrote:
I look forward to see how your clan Iconolast grow. Look forward to see your clan in the top five clan among all DOS. Deadlock is in top 100th. I not want to brag but Deadlock seem to be the top three clan among all DOS. Feel free to think it not true. Sleep

We've basically grown to a point of 70 or so members, then a bunch of them left, we then had about 60 members, and now, thanks to my wit and way with words, I've been able to steal recruit some nice, supportive players. Hopefully we can grow even past 100 members! I'd say Deadlock, if comparing clan power against the other DOS clans, could possibly me in the top 10, yes. Iconoclast, EFB, and a few other DOS clans are probably up there too. I don't know about the status of SwarserHase -- I know it's short on members currently, but I can see it being in the top 10 aswell.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 5:55 pm

@Kainagi wrote:
Cosmos Point collection has little affinity on how good or bad a clan is. Sleep
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:31 pm

LXE wrote:
Why are WIZ players asking to join this clan? Ah well, Can I also join?

everybody love alphy ♥️ Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:12 pm

@Kainagi wrote:

MSBS right before its prime had only 15 or so active members and was constantly top 5 in CP.

Try harder to impress me.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 pm

@Shaftronics wrote:
@Kainagi wrote:

MSBS right before its prime had only 15 or so active members and was constantly top 5 in CP.

Try harder to impress me.
Precisely what I was trying to point out.
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:12 pm

I wasn't really trying to impress anyone, only stating the facts here, I thought it would be an important statistic to point out. I'm putting alot of effort into motivating our players to be more active -- We average about 10-15 online at a time. I try to find players that I know can win the matches, and are actual, competent people, which I think I've been doing a good job at; we'd be even less active without them now, but hopefully if I continue to find some nice players, along with the support of my other clan members and sub-leaders, we can grow stronger. As of right now, we're still up there in total power, CP, etc.

EDIT: I didn't realize that both of you were mainly responding to Kainagi, but my post still stands anyways.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

Male Posts : 2432

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:36 am

Well, as long as the clan is active in a way (despite the time differences), it's going to be a fun clan to stay in. Of course, I'm not expecting the clan to be top1 in the ranks but as long as everyone enjoys being a part of it, then that's all that I can expect the most.
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

Male Posts : 145

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm not great, but I'm relatively active (right now my desktop is down, so I'll be on a little bit less). I'm usually ranking in at about 12 in UW, but my rank is kinda low (triangle 2). I don't spend much time farming rank-up points, but I'm really good at quest and have a few secrets that I'd be willing to share with clannies. Right now I main a Jikun Hu, along with a Misty and a custom Squealer. I'll probably be in and out of the servers until Christmas, which is when I'll really go to work. I'd love to join an active clan.

Wait a second, Haztion lives in Singapore?! But you speak English so well! Goddammit, I'm running out of viable stereotypes!
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:28 pm

@R3MSpecter wrote:
Wait a second, Haztion lives in Singapore?! But you speak English so well! Goddammit, I'm running out of viable stereotypes!

Flandryll and Reinshiki are from Singapore as well. You don't see any English deficiencies there, lol.

And as far as I'm concerned, MSBS went farther than most clans in DOS ever will. And I've seen Clans that spew worse crap with no action. At least we had the balls to try, even if most of the clan (save for a few like Wadi) had too much pride or honour to adhere to certain Metagaming standards.

I have never regretted my time in MSBS, and wouldn't have enjoyed the game as much. But that's just history right now, and with Iconoclast's poor showing in the recent clan tournament vs Degeneration just shows that its nothing but a shell of what it used to be.

And with it, most of my reason to play CBEN.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1505

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:27 am

there should be less e-peen stroking about cp gain, its been pointed out before that all you need is people playing (and they don't even need to be playing well) to get in the rankings.

all this big talk about cp gain is rather meaningless, talking in the sense of helping dos is fine, talking in the sense that im better cus i have more cp is not fine.
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Your call is Haztion? Finger Snap* I think I remember you from my time in MS-DOS... You were the one with the Brickgale obsession, weren't you? Wasn't there somebody with a Sturbanger Standard as well? Signal, or something like that. And whatever happened to Rynex?

Oh, and MSBS wouldn't happen to be a reference to Mobile Suit, would it?
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:38 pm

MSBS stands for Mind Shift Battle System, taken from Virtual-On. I used to have a Brickgale obsession, and the build is still decently usable on its own right, just terribly outclassed by most "high-tier" builds out there, though it still remains my favourite build for Arcantus. Though, I still have an affinity with its parts, namely the BMG arms and its BS.

Rynex felt that he was "betrayed by DOS" and so went around teampillaring and feeding himself deliberately against BRD, because he made an account there to "Defect" and "join Vyolets". He will not be missed.
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Ouch... Rynex always was a little dramatic, but he was usually a pretty good leader. I spent some time in BRD when I first started tooling around with the different unions a while after launch, and hated it. It was ridiculous that there were new heroes running around VGFs, and even though I was quite good I was getting shown up by little circles with triple fencer commandos. There were so many freakin RT whores that it was nearly impossible to be competitive without buying massive amounts of RT. Anyway, I seem to remember that you had a Brickgale Red, so when did you start using the BMG off of Blue?
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Rynex had dreams, but didn't have the skill, resources or ability to carry them out.

I bought the Blue days later, and then put it on my Red. It looks just like the non-weaponized arm, so not like you can tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 2:17 pm

Figures...

Is alpherior even going to reply? I wanna know if he'll let me in.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster
Kuzuha

Male Posts : 2432

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:43 am

You can approach Electriq or Zentrino or me (though I'm not good at scouting players). As what Alph said, what's important is your reputation (we kicked out a new member after we remembered him being a botter and afk fag in arena)
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:45 pm

@R3MSpecter wrote:
Ouch... Rynex always was a little dramatic, but he was usually a pretty good leader.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ahem. Ahahahahahahaha!

Alright, I'm done.
Back to top Go down
R3MSpecter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
R3MSpecter

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 3:35 pm

@Flandyrll wrote:
@R3MSpecter wrote:
Ouch... Rynex always was a little dramatic, but he was usually a pretty good leader.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ahem. Ahahahahahahaha!

Alright, I'm done.

Oh, come on... Just because he deuched out after the fact doesn't mean he didn't try to unite DOS. MS-DOS was his idea, and he provided a lot of support for people. Didn't he help a bunch of people who had their accounts hacked or something? I mean, he may not have been the best, but he was something, right? And before you start trash-talking him, note that nobody seems to have filled in the "Leader of DOS" role that he ditched. I honestly don't know what caused him to defect to BRD, but I know he put up with a LOT of shit from people, and he stuck with it for a LONG time. I'm not making excuses for him, I'm just as ticked that he ditched us. However, you don't judge the entirety of someone's contributions based on their final act.
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:52 am

Let us play a game shall we?

@R3MSpecter wrote:
MS-DOS was his idea,
It was a badly thought out plan and he lacked the ability to carry it out.

@R3MSpecter wrote:
he provided a lot of support for people.
By providing support, do you mean, getting online and going offline in 10 minutes every 2 hours and suddenly demanding people do things his way?

@R3MSpecter wrote:
Didn't he help a bunch of people who had their accounts hacked or something?
When it comes to cash via credit card, he should have pressed hard on the issue of being legit or not. If that certain someone was giving out UGC codes instead of asking for their accounts, do you think anything would have happened? It started off in his forum, so he shouldn't have just sit back and do nothing.

@R3MSpecter wrote:
note that nobody seems to have filled in the "Leader of DOS" role that he ditched.
Because no one is foolish enough. Have you seen top-tier clans try to monopolize DOS? No. It doesn't happen because only Rynex was power-hungry enough to want to seize the whole of DOS for himself.

@R3MSpecter wrote:
I honestly don't know what caused him to defect to BRD
He defected to BRD simply because MS-DOS died, and he chose to blame everyone for abandoning his noble cause. If anything, he betrayed everyone by running to another union when people decided that his leadership was questionable.

@R3MSpecter wrote:
but I know he put up with a LOT of shit from people, and he stuck with it for a LONG time.
It wasn't the people giving him trouble. It was simply him being problematic to his own clan.

@R3MSpecter wrote:
I'm not making excuses for him
You are. Exactly how much do you understand about the situation in the first place?

Continue to believe in his lies and your own delusions, or face the facts, which would you pick? What kind of person would he be to immediately run off to another union once his plan started going awry? In fact, he already had a BRD account with top-tier Rt bots before MS-DOS fell. Wouldn't that be extremely questionable already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[DOS] Iconoclast Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DOS] Iconoclast   [DOS] Iconoclast Empty

Back to top Go down

[DOS] Iconoclast
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Clans-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com