Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application closes when I try to start the game

Go down 
+2
Naisha
NobleFortune
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

Female Posts : 21

Application closes when I try to start the game Empty
PostSubject: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:16 am

Cosmic Break is downloaded, installed, and updated. My graphics driver is on its most recent update.
I open the launcher, that works fine. If I click 'Start Game', 'Safe Mode', or 'Stage Editor', the launcher closes and...

*tumbleweed rolls past in background*

...no error messages, no abnormal activity, a whole load of exactly nothing. Does anyone know what's up here?
[If it's at all related, Minecraft does the same thing.]
Back to top Go down
Naisha
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Naisha

Female Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am

what windows do you use?

have you update the directX yet??

you may current use "high color (16 bits)".
i also have the same problem when i set it at "16 bits". go to your display menu and set colors to "True color (32 bits)".
Back to top Go down
http://vnsharing.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=994
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:55 am

Windows 7.

Not sure, I will go check that now and download the new directX if not.

I'll also tweak that. Will post updates on how that goes.
Back to top Go down
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:07 am

Dxdiag says directx version is 11. My display is already set to True Colour [32 bit].
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 am

Vertical Sync to "Yes/Enabled"
Back to top Go down
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:21 am

Aria wrote:
Where do I find that?
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:41 am

NobleFortune wrote:
Aria wrote:
Where do I find that?

Your GPU Control Panel (ATI/NVIDIA/etc)
Back to top Go down
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 10:00 am

I really can't find it.

[edit] found it, derp. Trying the game again now.

[edit2] Nope, no change. Tried starting the game, the aluncher closes and then nothing happens.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:13 pm

If you're able (as I hear certain versions of Windows 7 can't do this), right click the application itself,not the shortcut, and go to Properties. Find the Compatibility tab, and checkmark the box beside the words "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" Set the scroll down box that becomes usable to Windows XP Service Pack 2. Scroll down a bit more, then click to run the program as Administrator.

Not sure if this will work, but it did for me when I had a similar problem #em3
Back to top Go down
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Still a whole load of nothing.
Back to top Go down
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 pm

This is interesting. I uninstalled it off my computer and started re-downloading it. While downloading, it says [however many] of 529MB, then all of a sudden it decides it's done downloading and gives me a 28.8MB file.

Damn retarded computer, download the whole thing
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 pm

NobleFortune wrote:
[If it's at all related, Minecraft does the same thing.]
Hmm. I know beyond a doubt that Minecraft runs on Java, but no idea if Cosmic Break does as well. It's up to date with at least 1.6?
Back to top Go down
NobleFortune
NobleFortune

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:41 am

Yep, just double-checked and it's at 1.6.0
Back to top Go down
sandreIDOY
sandreIDOY

Male Posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:24 pm

NobleFortune wrote:
This is interesting. I uninstalled it off my computer and started re-downloading it. While downloading, it says [however many] of 529MB, then all of a sudden it decides it's done downloading and gives me a 28.8MB file.

Damn retarded computer, download the whole thing

That's a virus(probably. cause I had the same download problem before). Do a full virus scan and reinstall the Browser you used for downloading(if, you used a browser), and, maybe, reinstall cosmicBreak.

And I'm pretty sure the "APPLICATION CLOSING problem is the work of the infamous sality virus. Use the eset online scanner if your anti virus is not ESET.

It's becoming even more convincing that it's a sality virus cause minecraft does the same thing. When time comes, almost all of your .exe files will do the same thing.

Most people overlook viruses because they think their computer is Mighty Byne. Well, it is and It can easily be attacked from behind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application closes when I try to start the game   Application closes when I try to start the game Empty

Back to top Go down

Application closes when I try to start the game
Page 1 of 1