Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

recommended processor and graphic card?

Go down 
+3
Dr_Stein
Zwiebel Force
frizky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

recommended processor and graphic card? Empty
PostSubject: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 am

my current:
-Intel(R) Premium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GS 512 MB
so lag especially in 30 vs 30, I want to change my graphic card and maybe processor
my budget is like $200 - $300 (don't expect a schooler to have lots of money ._.)
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 am

I'd recommend you to check the official CBen site (there's a page telling you the minimum and recommended system performance) irc the graphic card should b 1GBish, the processor should be like 3 Ghz.

If u can't afford those try a Nii-chan x3
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:39 am

yeah, maybe I will ask my bro to buy it for me ._.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Stein
Dr_Stein

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:47 am

I don't know much about NVIDIA cards...

But if you're going to upgrade your GFX, I highly recommend upgrading your CPU as well, otherwise the CPU will hold back the system.

Because I don't know what the rest of the system is, I don't know whether this would fit, but maybe:
- ATI HD5830 1GB GDDR5 (cheapish good card)
- (trying to stick to your budget) Intel E7600 Core 2 Duo, or i3 2130 or (if you want to spend a bit extra) i5 760

But yeah, usually if you're going to upgrade your GPU, it's a good idea to do the same for your CPU (especially if it's a significant upgrade).

EDIT: If you're just buying this for CB, I would have thought that your current system would have sufficed (judging by CS's recommended system). Maybe it's your internet?
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 am

no, my internet has 2mb bandwidth
when I use fraps, the FPS counter can down to 20 ._.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:25 am

CPU: Fastest possible (no joke, i got significant boost after i merged from q6600@3GHz to i5-2500k@4GHz).
I think you should grab something like used intel core2duo 8400 or 8500 and a good cooler to overclock it.

GPU: any nvidia starting from x50 series (GTS450 will be cheap and enough, ~$90 or even less).

Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:26 am

@koi wrote:
GPU: any nvidia starting from x50 series (GTS450 will be cheap and enough, ~$90 or even less).

I saw some players running with 9500 and they got good performance (then again, they tweaked it to Performance Mode).
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:42 am

@Aria wrote:

I saw some players running with 9500 and they got good performance (then again, they tweaked it to Performance Mode).
While CB doesn't use GPU resources at all, any GPU under ~$80 is a clear waste of money. Why pay $50 for shitty performance when you can (and have money to) get a solid entry-level gaming GPU?
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 pm

then, I need to prioritize processor than graphic card?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:21 pm

@frizky wrote:
then, I need to prioritize processor than graphic card?

I'm not even a noob if it comes to hardware (more like totally clueless) but from my own experience: yes.
Whenever I join a 30vs30 war as a spectator there's little to no lag but if I join as a player my screen won't stop freezing. I also notice more lag if very fast moving bots are arround (I still think Jikun should br banned ;A;). My current "system" has a similiar performance to yours so maybe these things help you somehow xD
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:58 am

@koi wrote:
@Aria wrote:

While CB doesn't use GPU resources at all, any GPU under ~$80 is a clear waste of money. Why pay $50 for shitty performance when you can (and have money to) get a solid entry-level gaming GPU?

True but then again, I got i7 2600k and GTX 460.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:51 am

what, i use IGP intel and do fine a.k.a no graphical lag
can't record using fraps tho :v
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:43 am

@Nymph~ wrote:

wat?
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:21 pm

@frizky wrote:
my current:
-Intel(R) Premium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GS 512 MB
so lag especially in 30 vs 30, I want to change my graphic card and maybe processor
my budget is like $200 - $300 (don't expect a schooler to have lots of money ._.)

thats more than enuff to run cosmic shit. cosmic shit was made in 2008 or 2007 for japan and was outdated shit then.

Actualy this game is so old and shity the older da pc the better. Yours goes way over da requirements of cosmic shit so causes incompatibility with the shity outdated game.

This games over do for a compatibilty with newer pcs overhaul and a graphics update.

At least better resolution da shity res it what fuc.ks over most pcs. Tryna fraps with this game good luck.

Just aave up till u can get a new rig if u intend on playing games like crysis.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 4:59 am

@Aria wrote:
@Nymph~ wrote:

wat?
average about 45-70 fps
my frame rate drop to 15-20 if I record with my intel IGP,
no, not my processor or ram, i5 2500 + 16GB RAM is sufficient for this shit
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:22 am

@Nymph~ wrote:
@Aria wrote:
@Nymph~ wrote:

wat?
average about 45-70 fps

Your GPU is?
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:06 pm

@Aria wrote:
@Nymph~ wrote:
@Aria wrote:

wat?
average about 45-70 fps

Your GPU is?

Go read kois comment and mine. Game doesent use gpu resources its just imcopatible shit.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
@Aria wrote:
@Nymph~ wrote:

average about 45-70 fps

Your GPU is?

Go read kois comment and mine. Game doesent use gpu resources its just imcopatible shit.

mine's i7-2600k and it's way overqualified for CB.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:51 am

@Aria wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:
@Aria wrote:

Your GPU is?

Silly u misread that I basicly said is cbs so badly programed and out dateds its incompatible shit.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:59 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
@Aria wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:

Silly u misread that I basicly said is cbs so badly programed and out dateds its incompatible shit.

Meh, can't even read your grammar. But anyway, that guy was referring to FRAPS and that app needs GPU power for it to work well (CUDA system).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recommended processor and graphic card?   recommended processor and graphic card? Empty

Back to top Go down

recommended processor and graphic card?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com