Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Was this Helpful? Readable?
This is good information! You should do more!
[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_lcap36%[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
L2Build noob.
[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_lcap18%[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
Meh I don't care about this.
[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_lcap5%[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
You're an idiot, this won't stand a chance in the meta!
[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_lcap14%[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Why are you trying to make builds for bots no one cares about?
[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_lcap9%[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Yur Engrishes suxors.
[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_lcap0%[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
TLDR; (Too Long Didn't Read)
 9% [ 2 ]
What? I'm confused. :scratch:
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Empty
PostSubject: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Maybe your wondering what to spend 50 RT on in the shop... Hound Dog? Maybe you think you got garatrolled when you got that Hound Dog Extreme instead of the OP Moe at the top. Well your wrong, you might just have been handed the best underestimated Melee in the game.

Now the first thing most of you notice and look for... huh, no core weapon or sub. Ugh, why would you want something that doesn't have Cart Step, Lagkun Kicks or whatnot. Stats and Carts is why. Check that cost cart, for 15 cost you get 18 hp and 70 cost cap. That is the best large cost cart in the game I've found(HP/Cost + Cap-Cost/Cost). Secondly it has pretty much any movement style you could want. You many not teleport, but you can hop(Boost, Jump and Land), Boost Run, Sway, whatever. Now look at those stats. Yea you'll probably never be a gunner or fly very fast but your pimped out for melee with stre and wlk for that cost. Tough is a little low but you can do Tough Runner, Stun Regain, find some tough parts and/or tough tunes.

Ok, so his BD is fairly awesome... but these weapons, 15 force? That is crap right? Swing them, hear the swish, swish each attack? That is them hitting twice every attack. Check that INT 600, your a chain combo machine with little chance to escape. Also see that blue laser blur on the tonfas? That is eluding to how stun happy these things are.

So what do you do with him?

Well there is the Vanilla version keeping both Tonfas, which works quite well, you just continually beat on whatever is near you, just throw on a pair of Viper Shields. If it's the shop version you may want to put some shorty legs on him to make him a bit smaller target. If you have Extreme trust me, you want to keep those. I change out the head for a Red Squealer HD(the TEC helps keep it above 1 if you want to do some high/alpha/beta/gamma tunes). I've used this build for a while, it works quite well.

Tunes - Your first tonfa should get Slow and/or Stun tunes, stun isn't too nessissary but this would probably make it near a garentee, your hitting a lot pretty fast with double hits, their both pretty likely to go off. Sadly due to the low force of the Tonfas, STR isn't as useful, but since you don't have a teleport having high WLK is nessissary. Also you'll have a ton of HP, so a high TGH doesn't hurt.

Carts - I'm using Tough Runner + Boost Run, his flying sucks so might as well put that bar to good use. Get all the cost carts you can. Blast Guard and Sword Guard are helpful. I wouldn't suggest hopping(Short Boost, Quick Land, and Quick Jump) for this build, the tonfas home decently but not great. If you can Sway well, get stun regain and you might own a lot of face.

Pretty much the tactics is single someone out, it helps if your flanking but not required. If you have Extreme this is easy because if your have it set to your first tonfa, pressing E brings up your Kick. Just kick them away from the crowd, if possible into a corner or water. Without the kick at the end of the combo they have a tiny chance to escape between combos, pretty hard but it's there. Without the kick try to aim for pinning people against a wall, that'll make it hard to escape. With the kick, if you get them in a corner... it's all over I don't care if your Might Byne(though you'll take a few hits cause you can't stun when your hitting shields). Oh look there is an AIR up there pestering you, unless you can hop smack em just run and find another target.

My new alternate

Hound Dog is awesome but getting in and out of fights and chasing can be difficult. Hopping and Tonfas don't really mesh well. My timing on sway isn't that good. So I played around with some stuff and tried putting a Red Squealer AM on. Jackpot. You'll hear it all over the boards and you'll hear it here. It has awesome homing. But now check the combo...

Same as above but put that First Tonfa in the second hand slot, put the Red Squealer AM in first slot(You might want Gladiator tunes on the AM so you can catch/move easier). When you get in the match, switch to the Tonfa. What will happen here is if you jump someone you'll do your 4 tonfa slashes, kick them and then chase them with the Squealer attack. In open space, this will get you most the way to them(especially if you gladiator it up), you can probably start into your combo easily before they stop being stunned, especially if their hopefully slowed. If their against a wall, well they take a big hit in the face and their doomed. Sure less hits but pretty much the same damage and if your harying a crowd you'll be punching around and kicking people away causing great chaos.

Whats that, trying to catch a quick target? Switch to the Red Squealer AM, if their dart in and out a well timed punch will get you to them, you'll only get one double tonfa swipe but at least you caught them. With the legs you'll also be able to access E again and knock them around. Nothing is more disorienting then running/flying around fast then all the sudden you go flying in a totally different direction. By the time they figure out what happened you can get on top of them and pound them to dust. Kick and punch chase!

Tunes: Same as above, though you can consider a bit more STR with that Red Squealer AM doing some higher force.

Carts: Also the same but now you can do hopping (Short Boost, Quick Land, and Quick Jump) decently if you have the Red Squealer AM selected.

Then you'll know the power of this Pound Puppy... cheers

Last edited by Dracatis on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Dont forget to mention the fact that he does get Shortboost, Quickland, and Quickjump, a trio of carts with a very small core makes him a very good L size hopper.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm

@Trill wrote:
Dont forget to mention the fact that he does get Shortboost, Quickland, and Quickjump, a trio of carts with a very small core makes him a very good L size hopper.

You're right I shouldn't assume people know what carts are used for hopping. Edited that into the guide. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:33 pm

i've tried to use hound dog's arms for a while but it simply didn't work out too well

i'll get another accel saber and save up some cost so he can have shields this time. that's probably it.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm

The arms are fine. The thing is, most people make the mistake of equipping BOTH.

One arm is enough. Having another for 2 more strikes, isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:04 am

range and damage is derpy compared to most melee now thats why
might give him a shot thou(next year) since i have him.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:08 am

Everything on him is a joke
The core on the other hand....
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:29 am

Xtreme LG can combo with Vanguard #em3
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:54 pm

@Shaftronics wrote:
The arms are fine. The thing is, most people make the mistake of equipping BOTH.
One arm is enough. Having another for 2 more strikes, isn't worth it.

Counting the stats on the AM, it is like a 45 cost double striking offhand weapon that is stun happy and all the stats on it are worth it. It gives you two more hit chances to get them in a stun state so they can't escape for the next combo and extends your combo longer. That said I do like using one Red Squealer AM better so I can do more stuff, but having two isn't bad.

@Rinrin wrote:
range and damage is derpy compared to most melee now thats why
might give him a shot thou(next year) since i have him.

It's Melee, what is a foot or two away from them gonna make a difference? Sure they aren't the hardest hitters in the game but that allows you to concentrate more on TGH or WLK.

@Malphes wrote:
i've tried to use hound dog's arms for a while but it simply didn't work out too well

i'll get another accel saber and save up some cost so he can have shields this time. that's probably it.

Your missing out on how nice the core is. Mine had 513 hp before tuning and only 885 cost with really good melee starting stats.

@xzpwnz wrote:

The joke is on you xz. I guess you only see one play style and having to learn something requiring a bit more skill and effort is too much. Double striking AMs means any tuned effect on them is highly likely to go off, I prefer slow but you can do any of them you like. The Extreme's LGs are the best knockback in the game putting your opponents into bad positions like an ammoless Whirlwind (not counting it also does good damage and has quite awesome stats).

The HD and BS doesn't really go too well with him but you can use them on other bots. The standard legs have rediculous stats if you don't mind being a bit taller with a bit bigger hitbox.

tggt wrote:
Xtreme LG can combo with Vanguard #em3
I've been unlucky to not get a Vanguard so far, rolled in several garapons and still not one. Garapon loves trolling me Sad
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:14 pm

@Dracatis wrote:

@xzpwnz wrote:

The joke is on you xz. I guess you only see one play style and having to learn something requiring a bit more skill and effort is too much. Double striking AMs means any tuned effect on them is highly likely to go off, I prefer slow but you can do any of them you like. The Extreme's LGs are the best knockback in the game putting your opponents into bad positions like an ammoless Whirlwind (not counting it also does good damage and has quite awesome stats).

The HD and BS doesn't really go too well with him but you can use them on other bots. The standard legs have rediculous stats if you don't mind being a bit taller with a bit bigger hitbox.
Lol
Yeah, the tonfa am did work when the game came out in cbjp a few years ago
Good luck getting them to work in this metagame Laughing
Ladies these days
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:19 pm

@Dracatis wrote:
The Extreme's LGs are the best knockback in the game putting your opponents into bad positions like an ammoless Whirlwind

Cant login atm, but even better than B.C or SS? scratch
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Heh, I can't argue that xz, I got my face absolutely owned by a (near?) fully tuned/leveled EVE yesterday, I could hardly catch it. I think I might have gotten two hits in (though it didn't help Airs were pestering too and I'm no where near fully tuned).

Tggt, it's the best I've found so far (I'm not sure what a [or haven't tried] a BC or SS is). I think they might have toned it down lately though it didn't seem to hit as far as I remembered last night, but that might be because my Red Squealer AM lets me get back to them a lot faster. I need to grind more rainbow chips so I can get grapplers on it. Always more rainbow chips! Razz

Last edited by Dracatis on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:37 pm

I would like to note something about Hound Dog AM.
It's perfect for as a melee sidearm for gunners. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Z'gok_E
Z'gok_E

Male Posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Those are some great Hound Dog tips Dracatis! Happy Dracken
I'm glad to see that someone is giving Hound Dog some love, I think it's time to
start using my Hound Dog some more.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:56 am

tried it in my sub acct and gave up.
getting pwned by jikuns which have much better range and dmg by far.

@xzpwnz wrote:

he has nice carts but his stats are...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:36 pm

@Rinrin wrote:

@xzpwnz wrote:

His stats are still workable, I'm building an untuned one.

Though nothing in this thread applies to my build.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@Rinrin wrote:

@xzpwnz wrote:

His stats are still workable, I'm building an untuned one.

Though nothing in this thread applies to my build.

I never understood how you get owned by Jikuns. It's called Jump aka press the stupid space bar. I use this very difficult technique on all my bots, then you spin 180 and hit them with a Tonfa or Red Squealer AM hit(or other weapons on bots). Best part is their back is to you and those typical shields mean nothing. At worst with bad timing they ping off your shields and they still have their back exposed to you.

However, if they have a Kunai Staff or are a Vanguard pretty much the best thing to do is take one hit to your shields and IMMEDATELY swing afterwards, you'll interrupt their combo which seems to be an auto stun and then proceed to show they why their swing taking them too close to you and not stunning you was the last mistake they'll make this life. If they have a shield, dodge to their non-shield side, turn and hit.

Also I suggest hunting for parts replacement and possibly asking for them, regening your shields are fairly important if your not suiciding.

And how in any way shape or form for a totally melee character are his stats bad? His worst is maybe toughness, but that is easily found in parts or at worst tuned and makes up for it with a nice chunk of cheap health from his carts. Sure his Boost run suffers a bit from low FLY and his wonderbits suffer a tiny bit from lack of TEC but beyond that he's pretty much setup to be a really strong all out melee for his cost. You guys aren't gonna be happy tell I post my stat spreadsheet are you? Razz
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 5:37 pm

@Dracatis wrote:
-stuff that had nothing to do with my post-
I'm hoping you just quoted the wrong person.
Back to top Go down
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:42 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@Dracatis wrote:
-stuff that had nothing to do with my post-
I'm hoping you just quoted the wrong person.

I think he's quoting Rinrin or something.

But anyway, isn't Hound Dog's core like, /really/ small for an L sized LND?
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:44 pm

I find this guide difficult to read. Where's the part regarding LG2? I have those things I might need to use...
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:57 pm

@Glass wrote:
But anyway, isn't Hound Dog's core like, /really/ small for an L sized LND?

Yea, he is pretty small for a Large which is also nice, two viper shields pretty well cover him.

@Fireflywater wrote:
I find this guide difficult to read. Where's the part regarding LG2? I have those things I might need to use...

Just look for the Extreme parts. But to sum up it's pretty much:

A) Kick someone out of a crowd and chase. It's quite disorienting.
B) Kick someone out of the air and chase. It's very disorienting.
C) Try to kick into water or corners or at least walls. A good fast melee like Hound Dog AM can pin them there until their dead.
D) Helps if you have a weapon/bot/cart that enables fast chasing like Red Squealer AM, 40 WLK, Hop or Boost Run.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Upside-down poster
Hyoka

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 pm

The idea behind Hound Dog arms is to hit multiple times and re-execute your combo as fast as you can to keep up a stunlock.

However, because of it's low damage the stunlock part is hard and current metagame stuff will probably kill you before you reach them.

Hence, Hound Dog isn't exactly the best melee to be using.

(Don't mention Extreme, I haven't tried Extreme yet >.>)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Hound Dog eh?
The only thing I did with mine was rename it to "Yo wassup Dawg?!"
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 am

Junk.
Stick legs on Mighty Byne for super kick combo with Pile Bunker and having a mini-teleport move never hurts.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:00 am

Legs punts people like a baws.

dat pose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)   [Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme) Empty

Back to top Go down

[Guide] Hound Dog (+Extreme)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Land Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com