Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. Empty
PostSubject: Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.   Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:26 am

How do u feel about animes giving characters predetermined characteristics. Like tsudere. Or the guys who has no clue with girls but has a bunch who like em. Or any others there are Idk the names o em i hate em all.

Also how do u feel about running gags. I think they all FAIL.

Actualy I can only name 3 that worked and non are in animes. You killed kenny u basterd from south park, Lasted a wile. Honestly it was more of how he died it was like a game show u say it with em.Actualy Ppll would get pissed the hell of if kenny didnt die. There was even episodes explaining the shit on how he kept coming back.

Dope from da simpsons. Again Ppl Liked it was typical and exspected.

Im rich bitch or im rick james bitch from dave chappelle. Hes going around on cable saying this public cable kids can watch so win. dindt over use so win. Rick jame went on oprah with no censors infront of kids and said Im rick james bitch. EPIC WIN. Cause we all want to express ourselves.

Aside from those very very few cases theese can fail EXTREMELY. And just ruin the fuc.king show.

And worse than running gags animes bad ones will give characters preset character traits that are a whole run on gag. THats like a 1000 times worse than a gag. or give the whole fucking cast of characters a preset character trait which ruins the whole show even more. I mean why do ppl even watch shows like that.

1 it just seems annoying to me

2 its not funny

3 Dont try to say I watch south park or the simpsons I stoped watching em at 11 those comments arent coming from my adult prespective.

4 they ruin the shows entire ply BLue exorcist perfect example. Naruto is 2nd perfect example. I mean look at all the sauskae types gemmini from saints seiya, raiyo fist of the north star. Darth Vader star wars. I can list that shit all day the series is so fucking predictabe.

5 what pissed me more of is when ppl post spoilers about those animes wrong. I mean the plot to shows like that is so readible its like your teacher leaving out the cheat sheet and u still get all the answers wrong.

6 maybe Im just really smart.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.   Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:23 am

If I could actually understand or bother to read .-.

Actually,I can.

I admit,it get's a little repetitive sometimes though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.   Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Death to tsunderes.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.   Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Actually, it's stated that all conceptual characters and written story have been repeated by numerous authors since the days of the Greeks. Why, we even define basic concepts and rolls of our stories by early play write concepts. What would a story be without an antagonist to loath to oppose the protagonist, with whom your audience is supposed to understand or relate to on some level? The concept of character arch typing has continued through literature for centuries, it didn't start with anime.

I'm fine with these concepts, so long as they are PARTS of the character in question. It's alright for the male lead to show immaturity around females, or for one of the characters to put up a tough persona while being sweet deep down. The problem arises when that's ALL these characters are. Then, you're not writing a character with literary norms in their persona, but you're writing a persona in place of a character. If you don't create a character to explain their actions and eccentricities, you don't give your reader something to grasp beyond the outer characteristics of a stereotype.

In a grander scheme of things, we do this on a daily basis, as these simple ideas of labeling are how we define the world around us as well as ourselves (part of the reason I choose to hide my gender and preferences). Think hard about how the media portrays homosexuals or ethnic minorities. Even with America's attempt to create a unified equality, everyone has some odd concept in their mind about how a gay male acts, or what someone from France acts like. Without understanding an individual, all we see are their outer characteristics. It's a bad habit that all of humanity shares.

Anyway, sorry for that rant. Long story short: Characters should possess character traits, not be possessed by them.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.   Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:08 pm

^
I kinda see your point, but the thing with writing stories is that there are a lot of easy traps to fall into. Creating a character for example, means you need to define his/her personal dept. And the next challenge is wether to make it appealing to the public or not, which is were aspiring writers can go wrong.

@BT: you hate Saint Seiya? The main story is just a good example to show that repetition should be done with moderation. The ova's are better.

Imo there's no problem with a character having some "stereotype" traits, as long as it doesn't get too much. IS' Ichika's bluntness can be quite annoying, just as Tsuna's eternal innocent behavior in KHR (tho he's supposed to be the next maffia boss of a great organisation). What also helps to get rid of specific character stereotypes, is their development. Too often I've seen good characters make weird developments or, even worse, no developments at all.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.   Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:34 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
^
I kinda see your point, but the thing with writing stories is that there are a lot of easy traps to fall into. Creating a character for example, means you need to define his/her personal dept. And the next challenge is wether to make it appealing to the public or not, which is were aspiring writers can go wrong.

@BT: you hate Saint Seiya? The main story is just a good example to show that repetition should be done with moderation. The ova's are better.

wOOO WOO. I LOOOOOVVVEEE SAINT SEIYA ARE U NUTS. THe exapmples list ed were to show that sauskue from naurto has been done a 1000 times and alot better. Gemini useing galaxian explosiion is my default desktop back ground. He creates a entire galaxy just to destroy u in it in a alt diminsion thats so bad ass =).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.   Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags. Empty

Back to top Go down

Animes that Have set personalitys.Or running gags.
Page 1 of 1