Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?

Go down 
+17
Turkeysaur
Courius
Malphes
Trill
Dracatis
Nymph~
Asagi-san
Aria
lucc132
Hyoka
Suguri
Aurum_Sol
fggt
NotZetsubou
Raven
Retrias
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

Male Posts : 171

Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? Empty
PostSubject: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Like the thread says; is there a good melee that has Broad Radar and Ouka-like stunlock melee, speed and something that doesn't need ammo to attack (Like Vanguard's buff, but stuff like Knife and Bomb of Scaregant are allowed to suggest). Oh, and preferably with a ranged attack. Very Happy

Edit: It also must be 3x slow material. Aka, it must have alot of "swings" in his combo for a higher chance of slow. Like Ouka, she can do up to 10 swings in 1 combo, making for easier time inflicting slow.

Edit2: It also MUST be based like an Ouka, not a zerg melee. Think of how Fia plays her Ouka, but instead of Ouka, she has a strong melee with Broad Radar with highest boost run speed. Oh, forgot to mention, must also be able to achieve highest boost run tier. (The 40 wlk/18 fly boost run tier).

Last edited by <Fenrir> on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Ivis..... your only ammo is crimson veil
can't remember if ivis do have broad radar or not though
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:07 pm

Kuten Jikun Long.

Ivis doesn't have Broad Radar.
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:21 pm

kuten, connie, mbg, and renny ( renny and mai cant do much stun lock but their melee is ok.)

Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:29 pm

wrote:
good melee that has Broad Radar and Ouka-like stunlock melee, speed and something that doesn't need ammo to attack (Like Vanguard's buff, but stuff like Knife and Bomb of Scaregant are allowed to suggest). Oh, and preferably with a ranged attack. Very Happy

Connie for sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:33 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that her melee has to be 3x slow material. As in, get the most out of 3x slow with my melee like Ouka with 3x slow, she can easily slow because she has alot of swings in her combo (up to 10).

And yea, kind of was thinking about MBG and Kuten and Connie, but the prob is, aren't people saying that Kuten is weak? I don't have Connie, and MBG ain't really 3x Slow material I guess.

But keep on suggesting please. Very Happy

tggt wrote:
wrote:
good melee that has Broad Radar and Ouka-like stunlock melee, speed and something that doesn't need ammo to attack (Like Vanguard's buff, but stuff like Knife and Bomb of Scaregant are allowed to suggest). Oh, and preferably with a ranged attack. Very Happy

Connie for sure Very Happy

Aren't she like, a hybrid? I want something that is powerful with melee, not just okay with ranged and okay with melee. But yea... I guess Connie could do too. Is Connie 3x slow material? Can she be a bit more of a melee than a gunner? Cuz everyone tunes her guns instead of her melee, they leave the melee alone, and go for rapids on the guns. So would a Connie with 3x Slow be okay?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:43 pm

there is no "ouka like" melee with broad radar since ouka is a stealth system melee and has a completly different playstyle from any bot with broad radar for this simple reason

but i guess kuten would be a viable option for what you are looking for (gives you both, broad radar and stealth system, giving you superb perception and the option to play similar to how an ouka would play)

as for connie:

gba is core
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:45 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
there is no "ouka like" melee with broad radar since ouka is a stealth system melee and has a completly different playstyle from any bot with broad radar for this simple reason

but i guess kuten would be a viable option for what you are looking for (gives you both, broad radar and stealth system, giving you superb perception and the option to play similar to how an ouka would play)

Stealth system ain't really that good cuz most mechs these days have Broad Radar equipped, and you shouldn't get locked on to anyways cuz you'll be going in and out of combat alot of times. Like Fia does with his Ouka.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Ouka's hits aren't that strong either. There's just a lot of them and a high potential to cause Slow. Like Kuten.

The problem with Kuten however is that if you get x3 slow, you have literally no capa for tuning STR assuming you want to tune for high WLK as well.
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm

kuten is doing ok, she is almost Ouka V.2 for me. o.o

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:01 pm

it wont be worth writing about the three radar/lock cards yet again when you dont even understand that fias ouka is utilizing one of them
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:03 pm

wrote:
Is Connie 3x slow material? Can she be a bit more of a melee than a gunner? Cuz everyone tunes her guns instead of her melee, they leave the melee alone, and go for rapids on the guns. So would a Connie with 3x Slow be okay?

Gonna put this into my sign Very Happy

Elisa and Shino SS also has broad btw.
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
it wont be worth writing about the three radar/lock cards yet again when you dont even understand that fias ouka is utilizing one of them
wrote:
Stealth system ain't really that good cuz most mechs these days have Broad Radar equipped, and you shouldn't get locked on to anyways cuz you'll be going in and out of combat alot of times. Like Fia does with his Ouka.

Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
you dont understand that fia is utilizing one

i bolded the important part ... and deleted the rest
maybe this helps you to understand that you shouldnt name the prime example of a stealth system user when trying to say that its useless
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Kuten would probably be your best bet. I can't think of anything else with the criteria you're looking for (other than Elisalotte, but have fun making her work).

And Kuten's far from useless, I personally consider her the best melee moe (but I still like Ivis more because sex voice + silver hair Embarassed).

As stated already, Connie's GBA is internal so you won't be able to slow tune that, and while her melee is incredibly powerful she's first and foremost a gunner.
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:46 am

Would a pure melee MBG with 3x slow be a good melee? I'm considering MBG too right now, as I don't have Kuten. She is pretty powerful and she combos her punches fast enough so you get an increased chance of inflicting slow. But still, I kinda think she is kind of sucky-ish for a stealthy-like gameplay like with Ouka. Opinions please?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:59 am

MBG works but she doesn't stunlock or hit fast enough for 3x slow to be better than 3x great grapplers.
Back to top Go down
lucc132

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:08 am

best bet for melee broad rdar ouka-like will be kuten

but theres still some issues :

kuten has both broad and stealth carts on her.
she does not have much capacity compared to ouka.
even if u tune capacity on kuten, u cant get 3x slow as her sub is directly on her LG.
if u tune capa, only 2 slots left for slow.

So, best ouka-like melee is still ouka Smile

speaking of this, maybe i'll ask fia herself for some ouka tips, and try to get to know her more Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:46 am

lucc132 wrote:
speaking of this, maybe i'll ask fia herself for some ouka tips, and try to get to know her more Embarassed

iirc, some already did.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:28 am

wrote:

Fia goes into combat when it's clear - she seldom goes into full on combat. Most of what she does is guerrilla warfare, and that's with the help of stealth system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 am

lucc132 wrote:

^This
Oh if you want any Ouka tips, ask me or an Ouka player other than Fia because she can't speak good English and basically doesn't talk in game (she's chinese).

One question. What melee bots do you currently have?
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:55 am

I want a melee to have Broad Radar, so Ouka is out of question. And my melee's are nowhere Ouka-like.
My good melees are: MBG, Scaregant, Vanguard Fencer, and Hatemachine.

Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:14 am

wrote:
I want a melee to have Broad Radar, so Ouka is out of question. And my melee's are nowhere Ouka-like.
My good melees are: MBG, Scaregant, Vanguard Fencer, and Hatemachine.

Fencer is the closest you can get imo

Scaregant has highest slow chance with his scatterbombs but doesn't hit fast enough to deal massive melee damage

MBG.. I've already said.

Hatemachine's melee is good but he doesn't do too many attacks to slow.
Back to top Go down
lucc132

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:30 am

LXE wrote:
lucc132 wrote:

^This
Oh if you want any Ouka tips, ask me or an Ouka player other than Fia because she can't speak good English and basically doesn't talk in game (she's chinese).

One question. What melee bots do you currently have?

i got orange ver. ouka.
dont know y ouka needs so much exp to lvl...

stats i think i should be able to figure out.
just gameplay wise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 8:31 am

Each Melee bot has its own flavour, or in other words its own playstyle. To be able to use a new melee bot, you have to learn how to play it. Here's Ouka.
Explanation of Ouka:
I've spied on how Fia plays her Ouka before. #em1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?   Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Ouka-like melee with Broad Radar?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next