Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In Real Life First Person Shooters.

Go down 
+8
Grimspirit
Malphes
Kirika
falcon1
ziix
halcyon
Nisa
Seele00
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

In Real Life First Person Shooters. Empty
PostSubject: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:32 am

After getting bored from CosmicBreak spamming, I decided to take a break from it for a bit (You'll still see me in game every single day). My computer can't run any good FPS apart from CounterStrike but then the graphics look just as bad as CosmicBreak. So I decided to go with a genre in which I call IRLFPS (In Real Life First Person Shooter).

Here are a few examples of IRLFPS.

- Laser Tag
- Paint Ball
- Nerf Blasters
- BB Guns
- War and Terrorism

So I bought a Nerf Recon CS-6 (BEST $26 I'VE EVER SPENT IN MY LIFE), and it's a pretty damn high tech toy for a kid 6 to 12.

So I was wondering, who else plays an IRLFPS?
Back to top Go down
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seele00

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:36 am

LXE wrote:
- Laser Tag
- Paint Ball
- Nerf Blasters
- BB Guns
- War and Terrorism

Bolded - Sometimes
Italicized - Want to
Underlined - Used to
Bolded, italicized, and underlined - You can contact me in 10 years for state-of-the-art weaponry.
Back to top Go down
http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:43 am

Seele00 wrote:
LXE wrote:
- War and Terrorism
Bolded, italicized, and underlined - You can contact me in 10 years for state-of-the-art weaponry.
WILL DO.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:13 am

I played nerf once.

It was more of a Ammo Apocalypse than anything else.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:20 am

Nisa wrote:
I played nerf once.

It was more of a Ammo Apocalypse than anything else.
The ammo is a bitch to retrieve.
Back to top Go down
halcyon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
halcyon

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:38 am

My friend plays airsoft. With pro looking gear and guns that cost hundreds of dollars~

Last edited by halcyon on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 am

Airsoft is illegal in Australia so I can't play with them :sad:
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:07 am

Airsoft is illegal in the Philippines too, but I play it >___>
Government don't give a shit.

BB GUNS BB GUNS
Back to top Go down
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seele00

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:12 am

ziix wrote:
BB GUNS BB GUNS
Good, sweet times.
Back to top Go down
http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:04 am

Well instead,we made crossbow's,fashioned out of stationary,household stuff,utensils and ah,of course, rubber bands.

Fires BB's,effective range of...20m
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:06 am

Nisa wrote:
Well instead,we made crossbow's,fashioned out of stationary,household stuff,utensils and ah,of course, rubber bands.

Get stacks of Newspaper and some rubber bands, put them together and you'll have a very reliable Newspaper Crossbow.
Disclaimer - I will not be responsible for any damage to property, injury or loss of life from you using this weapon to shoot stuff.
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:27 am

ziix wrote:
Airsoft is illegal in the Philippines too, but I play it >___>
Government don't give a shit.

BB GUNS BB GUNS

yo, I think it's more of a city thing. The city I live in even has the it's own semi annual airsoft tournament and there are a helluva lotta shops here. Even kids in highschool own Airsoft guns here, high powered ones at that. The tourneys have a limit of 300 FPS, anything above that can already kill,
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

LXE wrote:
Nisa wrote:

Get stacks of Newspaper and some rubber bands, put them together and you'll have a very reliable Newspaper Crossbow.
Disclaimer - I will not be responsible for any damage to property, injury or loss of life from you using this weapon to shoot stuff.

Doesn't work well.

We made 2 variations

one used a spring. (and was bolt action)
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:47 am

falcon1 wrote:
300 FPS

I'm kinda scared that some of mine and some of my brother's go higher...
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

ziix wrote:
falcon1 wrote:
300 FPS

I'm kinda scared that some of mine and some of my brother's go higher...

Totally beyond the pleasures of shooting someone for fun yo.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:06 pm

I used to hang with a lot of guys, and they were all into this kind of thing.

Kiri's first and last paintball experience:
Gun jams, paint splats everywhere, my 'friend' "Taking advantage of the situation" (his own words), jumps out and shoots me square in the boob -3-

Kiri's first and last airsoft experience:
K, this is kind of a lie. I went to a friends house (again, group of testosterone filled males) back in high school. They started explaining the rules, when I heard "FWUMPH!!", and something crack next to me. Being board with normal airsoft guns, they'd designed a working mortar to launch rotten fruits. they'd just successfully launched a rotten watermelon, which splatted Gallagher style next to me @.@ I chose to go home after that >.< So I guess I never really played airsoft.

Seele00 wrote:
LXE wrote:
- Laser Tag
- Paint Ball
- Nerf Blasters
- BB Guns
- War and Terrorism

Bolded - Sometimes
Italicized - Want to
Underlined - Used to

I initially saw that, and since the whole "War and Terrorism" underline was hard to see, my first thought was "Bolded = Sometimes? Which one? War, or terrorism XP"
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 5:45 pm

i'll send you my walther p99 semi auto airsoft pistol if you buy me 40$ of rt.

edit: bad news. i was playing with it a few minutes ago. i spun it and the magazine flew out and broke against the floor.

rip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:04 am

Practiced shooting the Nerf Recon CS-6 today. My dad had a go too, he found it fun as well.
Back to top Go down
Grimspirit
Grimspirit

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:17 am

Had a spirit day at school and one game was to shoot the vice principal with a nerf gun but what was really funny is that a senior had like a air cannon and shot him >_>
Back to top Go down
Raki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Raki

Male Posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 am

airsoft...hope you're prepped to take hits like a bauss
and WORK LIKE A TEAM (unlike in wich a certain MMO F2P) the gear is a must as for weapons choose one you're good with (it aint about how cool looking but how you preform with it and help the team) uh what else...no cheapo plastic guns, and make sure you use the Required BB's (thats for local arena playing, if you're just chilling with pals, then it doesnt matter.........tho the wrong BB's could cause your weapon to jam/break)
as for local rules, crotch shots are banned (unless you got a cup) Headshots are what the refree calls them (sometimes they dont count as hitzones) and last but not least, two ways of killing people:

Safety Kill - you shout safety kill on a nearby opponent (like literally next to you, if they havent seen you) if they accept the safety kill, thats one score point for you, if not you're free to let loose on them

Normal Kills - simple easy, aim fire, kill, move along.

aside from that, wreak havoc and shoot frigging shit on people (snipers are love on Airsoft)
Back to top Go down
http://alb4alb.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Too bad BB guns are illegal in Australia. :em5:
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:29 am

LXE wrote:
After getting bored from CosmicBreak spamming, I decided to take a break from it for a bit (You'll still see me in game every single day). My computer can't run any good FPS apart from CounterStrike but then the graphics look just as bad as CosmicBreak. So I decided to go with a genre in which I call IRLFPS (In Real Life First Person Shooter).

Here are a few examples of IRLFPS.

- Laser Tag
- Paint Ball
- Nerf Blasters
- BB Guns
- War and Terrorism

So I bought a Nerf Recon CS-6 (BEST $26 I'VE EVER SPENT IN MY LIFE), and it's a pretty damn high tech toy for a kid 6 to 12.

So I was wondering, who else plays an IRLFPS?

sad to say the toy guns (or w/e you call it) that is required to play IRLFPS... IS NOT SOLD IN MY COUNTRY!

NUoooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:53 am

Dude, make your own out of newspaper, rubber bands, pens etc.

You can make lots of stuff with them.
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:48 am

LXE wrote:
Dude, make your own out of newspaper, rubber bands, pens etc.

You can make lots of stuff with them.

and play alone ? ._. it wasnt sold because its not popular in the first place
Back to top Go down
Dr_Stein
Dr_Stein

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:21 am

My little brother is obsessed with Nerf guns, to the point of painting and modding them :\
I don't really give a damn about them though; seems boring and mfw I think about picking up all those foam darts...

I occasionally (read: rarely) do some laser skirmish with some friends.

I would like to get into paintball at some point, i.e. when I'm not poor (don't know if that will ever happen, since uni costs next year T_T)

And yeah, being in Australia I can't really do airsoft (even though I really want to try it out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Real Life First Person Shooters.   In Real Life First Person Shooters. Empty

Back to top Go down

In Real Life First Person Shooters.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next