Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A warning about idol gara

Go down 
+34
Vencent
Retrias
That_Wiesel_Guy
Wolf Hikari
Iseal
CapeMike
Intet
Astral_Dono
Raven
PhoenixAir
Midona
boytitan2
Suguri
Kirika
Eridian
Arti
Valkyrie
Aurum_Sol
Nymph~
Rinrin
FanService
Divinity
blead
Feign
ziix
Seele00
Frederica-Bernkastel
NovaZero
Shaftronics
LordShade
Aria
nzlk
fggt
xzpwnz
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

A warning about idol gara - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:32 pm

there go my hopes and dreams... Sad
Then again, ppl claimed inventor was bad Neutral
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
there go my hopes and dreams... Sad
Then again, ppl claimed inventor was bad Neutral
...Who claimed inventor was bad? Inventor was godlike!
Back to top Go down
Eridian
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Eridian

Female Posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Well, people are going to complain about ones where they got unlucky. I totally understand. For example, the Ivis gara was incredibly kind (VA in a x5), but the Inventor was a cruel and heartless monster to me.

There are a few things I want from the Idol Gara, but with no expendable cash or rich doting parents like some people, I don't think it's gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:54 pm

ziix wrote:
Is greinaut common too?
Greinaut should be the hardest non-gold to get
It's pretty common though
LXE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
It has the worst gold rates thus far
So if you're rolling for a gold you should commit seppuku to save you from despair
Most common are the bombers and weapons
Thanks for warning us xz, you are too kind. Smile
wat

Last edited by xzpwnz on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm

If Xz says it, then I'd bet on it. Not because he's the voice of wisdom, but the sheer number of rolls he's capable of means that Xz can perform statistical infinity.

Kiri's Stat's prof wrote:
For statistics, "infinity" is any number that is "large". To define this, a "large" number is any number which isn't "small". Thus, for the purpose of statistics, N=infinity when N=30.

My own experience with this gara gave me x2 crashes across 10 rolls (2 x5s), x3 of which were the new Greinaut. Though as I just stated this isn't statistically significant.

Thanks, tho, Xz for the warning.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:00 pm

If you want statistics
Out of my 500 rolls I've only gotten 14 golds
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Kirika wrote:
~*~actual statistics instead of more Law of Small Numbers garbage~*~
Kirika

I love you.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:19 pm

the good side in me wants to warn stainless.

The kid in me who wants new toys to play with is just gona let stain roll T__T.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:21 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
the good side in me wants to warn stainless.

The kid in me who wants new toys to play with is just gona let stain roll T__T.
You talk as if that'd stop him from rolling
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:27 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
If you want statistics

Wait. Isn't Idol gara RT based?
Back to top Go down
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Midona wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
If you want statistics

someone doesn't know who xz is

ot: will roll soon
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Midona wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
If you want statistics

You already quit, didn't you?
So does it matter?
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:42 pm

You only did 500 rolls.

YOu make it sound like u did more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:55 pm

According to xz, the probability to get a gold is approxiamately 7/250.
A common belief of the community is that among the golds, the star prizes (the prizes everyone is rolling for) the probability to get one is 1/100.
By calculating the probability like this.

P(Win Star Prize) = (7/250) * (1/100) = 7/25000

7 out of 25000 balls will have the top prizes of idol gara. Against these odds, I'm not going to bother.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 pm

Mfw 2.8% gold rate.

@LXE Doesn't that imply that 1 out of every 100 gold balls is the top prize? It's more like 1/10 if that.

Last edited by Raven on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:05 pm

LXE wrote:
A common belief of the community is that among the golds, the star prizes (the prizes everyone is rolling for) the probability to get one is 1/100.

7 out of 25000 balls will have the top prizes of idol gara. Against these odds, I'm not going to bother.
It's a good thing I don't want any of the bots in this gara anyways. This is probably one of the only garapons where I don't want a SINGLE thing out of it.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:53 pm

LXE wrote:

7/12500, if you wanna calculate it that way, since there are 2 outcomes for rare bot collection. 21/25000 for getting a gold bot using that method.

P(chance of super fly) * P(chance of gold) * P(chance of gold being rare)= Your chance of getting rare robo collection bot

Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Only bot I -must- have is Lala...anything else would be 'meh', especially as I'm sub-par with airs and utterly useless with lands...eh, maybe I'll get lucky soon....
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:21 pm

No one notices how good the silvers parts are good.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:24 pm

330 range gattling, too bad the force and the ammo is pretty low. Beam cannon arm is alright, cause you can put it on something M sized, better options exist for pulse missile spam.

Of course, that's considering if you can even manage to pull silver from this mess.
Back to top Go down
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seele00

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Now that I have the Piercegun, my next target is either tuning mats + slut protectors or the Omega Blaster. Wish me luck. If it's another piercegun... hello my triple Laz commando~
Back to top Go down
http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:01 pm

The BD is homing stardust missiles. I'm lvling it up right now to see if the homing gets better. It's half-decent as it is for the one with the cannon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Intet wrote:
LXE wrote:
7/12500, if you wanna calculate it that way, since there are 2 outcomes for rare bot collection. 21/25000 for getting a gold bot using that method.

P(chance of super fly) * P(chance of gold) * P(chance of gold being rare)= Your chance of getting rare robo collection bot
I am sorry to say that your formula is incorrect because of the following reasons

1. The common belief of getting 1 Star Prize is 1/100 in gold. No need to multiply it for every Star Prize there is.

P(Star Prize) = P(Idol or Bodyguard) = (1/200) + (1/200) = 1/100

2. The chance of Superfly is already incorporated in the chance of gold, since the chance of gold is reliant on the chance of Superfly. xz has already rolled 500 times and only 14 golds have popped up, therefore we can assume that 7/250 balls is gold.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 pm

LXE wrote:
Intet wrote:
LXE wrote:

I am sorry to say that your formula is incorrect because of the following reasons

1. The common belief of getting 1 Star Prize is 1/100 in gold. No need to multiply it for every Star Prize there is.

P(Star Prize) = P(Idol or Bodyguard) = (1/200) + (1/200) = 1/100

2. The chance of Superfly is already incorporated in the chance of gold, since the chance of gold is reliant on the chance of Superfly. xz has already rolled 500 times and only 14 golds have popped up, therefore we can assume that 7/250 balls is gold.

It's not incorporated because you can get a superfly, and not a gold. The 14 golds are the result of superflies, but that says nothing about the rest of the rolls. The 7/250 probability assumes that every roll has a chance to get a get a gold, and that is simply not true. Roll a durp walk, and you have zero chance of gold, fact. There are several factors at work in the garapon, and they must be accounted for, so your chance of even getting a gold will have to account for the fact that not all your rolls are even able to produce it. In fact none of this takes in account the surprise or the slot system, which can greatly vary your chance of success. Nor does it account for these rolls being 5x, or singles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm not going to argue. End of story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A warning about idol gara   A warning about idol gara - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A warning about idol gara
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next