Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Derp .-.

Go down 
+14
Aria
CapeMike
That_Wiesel_Guy
Astral_Dono
Dr_Stein
Klinkin
Malphes
Arti
Scott-kip
Suguri
Stickboy
Rhyadel
NovaZero
SilverySil
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

Derp .-. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp .-.   Derp .-. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:32 am

Malphes wrote:
Klinkin wrote:
You people need to stop spending money on RT like this. Seriously, it's people like you who make game companies think microtransaction business models that sell power are an effective market strategy, and that just puts honest, hard-working free players at a disadvantage. Seriously, stop it.
Except that there are loads of very capable uc builds out there?
I keep hearing this, but when you run the numbers, UC builds just can't match the DPS of an EVE, TBG, AG, or Vanguard. The UC builds require a significant skill advantage over the other player to win with (that is to say if two equally skilled players with similar builds faced off, the RT build would beat the UC build most of the time). Maybe you high-level players are skilled enough that you can derp around with whatever weak bots you want and still do well, but average players like me don't have that skill.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Derp .-. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp .-.   Derp .-. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:51 am

Kurt wrote:
There is only one EVE in CB, all others is fake. #em3

Spoiler:
posting pictures of fakes is a nono.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Derp .-. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp .-.   Derp .-. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Klinkin wrote:
Malphes wrote:
Klinkin wrote:
You people need to stop spending money on RT like this. Seriously, it's people like you who make game companies think microtransaction business models that sell power are an effective market strategy, and that just puts honest, hard-working free players at a disadvantage. Seriously, stop it.
Except that there are loads of very capable uc builds out there?
I keep hearing this, but when you run the numbers, UC builds just can't match the DPS of an EVE, TBG, AG, or Vanguard. The UC builds require a significant skill advantage over the other player to win with (that is to say if two equally skilled players with similar builds faced off, the RT build would beat the UC build most of the time). Maybe you high-level players are skilled enough that you can derp around with whatever weak bots you want and still do well, but average players like me don't have that skill.

It's not about DPS, it's about your ability to score kills effectively with decent survivability. The existence of UC counters to popular RT bots also would disagree with you. Your problem stems from a rigidity in thinking. If you keep thinking RT>UC then you'll never see the possibilities.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Derp .-. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp .-.   Derp .-. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Intet wrote:
Klinkin wrote:

It's not about DPS, it's about your ability to score kills effectively with decent survivability. The existence of UC counters to popular RT bots also would disagree with you. Your problem stems from a rigidity in thinking. If you keep thinking RT>UC then you'll never see the possibilities.
This. Stop thinking about trying to out-damage the other competition and maybe you can get somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derp .-. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp .-.   Derp .-. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Derp .-.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2