Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City of Heroes Freedom. (Free To Play)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

City of Heroes Freedom. (Free To Play) Empty
PostSubject: City of Heroes Freedom. (Free To Play)   City of Heroes Freedom. (Free To Play) EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:03 am

I have played City of Heroes/Villains off and on for quite a few years now and I just figured I'd share that it's going free to play very soon. So I figured I'd write a mini archetype guide for those who are interested.

Overall a very fun game, a lot of different costume parts to play around with tons of different powers that you can use as well. Flashy animations and fairly fun combat to boot. You can even do things like have neon green fire or pitch black energy.

The basic Archetypes to the game are all being made neutral though you can still align however you'd like. The primary set is normally more powerful then the secondary (aside for corruptors or epic archetypes). The archetypes are as follows:

Spoiler:

Here's the City of Heroes Freedom overview page: http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/freedom/player_cho.php#tabs-1

The free to play model allows you do to a lot of stuff for free, plus the shop is not pay2win type of crap. The biggest two things that come to mind are being unable to use Masterminds or Controllers while being free to play (However you can purchase them for I think around 10$) You can go all the way to the level cap but you cannot use the incarnate system. When you hit 50 (It gives you bonus powers and makes you more powerful, not needed for most content though)

If you guys do decide to join my home server is infinity sub home is virtue. Lemme know if you decide to join Smile

It should be free to play on the 20th or 21st if everything goes as planned.
Back to top Go down

City of Heroes Freedom. (Free To Play)
Page 1 of 1