Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Linear Cannon Mod

Go down 
+6
Aurum_Sol
Intet
Skyr
xzpwnz
Suguri
LoReLei
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LoReLei

Male Posts : 80

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 pm

What to tune? it is 2-slotted and I am thinking of high shooter and high supply.
Pretty sure there is blast component in it coz i hit air for 100+ damage with 31 TEC. laggin' air and lnd is a pain to be aimed at though.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Linear Cannons are almost completely blast damage. Combine that with the really high speed and you're looking at a great AA weapon...if you can aim it.

x2 g.force beta for a 2s one, I think. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
LoReLei

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Wow suguri, that's fast reply. thanks lol.

the one i got is the mod version. only 80 ammo. after 2 great force beta, left with ~65 ammo. I don't think it'll be enough for one whole match. I was thinking that it needs moar range but not really sure bout it. I'll leave the weapon stats here.
Force: 44
Ammo: 80
Range: 330
Speed: 580
Interval: 500
+3 force and -40 ammo compared to original one. kinda unfair tradeoff in my opinion

Aiming linear cannon and maxis railgun kinda sucks with all the lags. my high ping doesn't really help either. But it's kinda satisfying to sometimes see the 3-digit damage pops up and the AIR going down.Smile

Last edited by LoReLei on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add weapon stats)
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:55 pm

Yeah, x2 great force beta
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm

.......for me I would tune for ammo since I always use up the ammo even like 160 on Saggi
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Just slap it on victory one if you're concerned about ammo, you'll have a great fall back weapon you can at least farm with. Plus you're tiny and cost little if you die.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Skyr wrote:
.......for me I would tune for ammo since I always use up the ammo even like 160 on Saggi

your bots never held a linear cannon in their hands, did they ?
Back to top Go down
LoReLei

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:28 pm

hm..great force beta then. try one tune 1st.Smile
thanks for the input guys.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 1:50 pm

With that much force, ~65 ammo should be plenty to wreck havoc if you practice on aiming each of those shots. Victory1 is also a good choice for the Linear Canon because he gets a default Mini Long Range Unit bit and no other ARTs can do that. Now you've got a gun that can shoot half way across the map. It'd probably would fine on things that aren't Victory1 though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Kitouski wrote:
With that much force, ~65 ammo should be plenty to wreck havoc if you practice on aiming each of those shots. Victory1 is also a good choice for the Linear Canon because he gets a default Mini Long Range Unit bit and no other ARTs can do that. Now you've got a gun that can shoot half way across the map. It'd probably would fine on things that aren't Victory1 though.

Fire is scared of this
-hides his shaking Crimrose-

Don't randomly blast away at people. Conserve your cannon ammo for when you can use it at full effectiveness(say, a B-field's been put up and a shitload of idiots are hiding behind it, I don't think this will work if the field is Rouche's though). Keep in mind that Linear Cannon pierces everything except solid land and Rouche's barrier(I think...it's been a while since I dealt with Linear Cannon), so if you see enemies behind a B-field giving your team a hard time, line up a shot and watch those noobs cry hard.

Follow what Sugu said for tuning. Great Force piled on top of it's base 44 Force will make everything hurt. Just be wary of Blast Guard-equipped bots as they'll only take base 22 damage before tunes.
If you decide not to use Victory 1, make sure that your chosen bot has either 1)A main or sub weapon that you can fall back on when Linear runs dry, 2)A handheld weapon to fall back on, 3)A lot of Shell Supplies. You'll probably want the first or second option, as all Railgun-class weapons tend to fare poorly against close-range targets.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 5:36 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Don't randomly blast away at people. Conserve your cannon ammo for when you can use it at full effectiveness(say, a B-field's been put up and a shitload of idiots are hiding behind it, I don't think this will work if the field is Rouche's though)
Um, balth fields and rouche barriers are basically considered walls as far as bullets are concerned. Your Linear Cannon bullet'll just impact the outside of a Baltheon shield harmlessly.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Gathima may be another good choice, between the core weapon and the cannon, airs will be hard pressed to get things done.
Back to top Go down

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Gathima needs more love!
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:28 pm

If u have 3 slot tune great rapid. recommended rail gun speed is above 600.
Back to top Go down
IAmTheGuy

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:20 am

3rd slot for paralyze IMO.

and lol Suguri locked the other thread for necro when where are a total of 5 threads in the entire section.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:31 am

IAmTheGuy wrote:
3rd slot for paralyze IMO.

and lol Suguri locked the other thread for necro when where are a total of 5 threads in the entire section.

NO U DONT TUNE FOR PARALYZE.

AND THANKYOUS OME ONE ELSE THANKS THE GUIDES SECTION SHOULD GO BACK TO BEING ONE SECTION TO AVOID DIS STUFF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Linear Cannon Mod Empty
PostSubject: Re: Linear Cannon Mod   Linear Cannon Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Linear Cannon Mod
Page 1 of 1