Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suguri rates Robo Gara

Go down 
+16
rei_hunter
Fireflywater
FreedomFighter
Vencent
Hagane
That_Wiesel_Guy
Raven
Intet
xzpwnz
bippusuta
BNOISE
Aurum_Sol
fggt
Damocles_n
Suguri
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Suguri rates Robo Gara Empty
PostSubject: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm bored.

Gold
Vanguard Lancer - Amazing how it's already been beaten to death on this forum on day 1, but he's definitely the worst vanguard of the three we currently have. Derp damage, derp shield, derp in general. If you really want a vanguard that badly though, he's the only one obtainable in gara atm...

Vector Raid - Aura doesn't refill the BD blaster's ammo. Hit rate is worse during aura than it is without, due to several factors. Force is way lower on the blaster than Vector Eagle's, too. LG2 is interesting, not really sure if it's better than LG or not, but it's interesting.

Albatreos Laza - BD has higher tec and wlk but lower fly and tgh, and 15 higher cost. The new subwep is a quad mine shooter; great for area denial and anti-air. An alternate flavor of alba that isn't really better or worse than the original (which, considering how good alba is, is a good thing).

Silver
Psycho Formula Type-4 - BD is quite nice, and is one of the very very few arts with float dash. HD is a 390 range blast psygun. Arms are also blast psyguns.

Blazed Baron MM - BD2 > BD. Arm looks fun but I don't know if it's practical or not. Does huge damage up close though. HD seems like a gimmick.

Baltheon BV - It's just a regular baltheon with new arms. Arms work like a lower cost dbmg.

Bronze
Beam Gatling - Gwyain AM2 in handheld form, with lower ammo, higher DPS, and painful stat drops. AM2's probably better.

Volcano Splash - yeah i haven't seen this yet no clue what it is

Red
Powered Laser Mod - Oh my god that DPS, 16 force on a laser is insane. I want one of these badly.

Linear Cannon Mod - +3 force, -40 ammo compared to original. I don't know if ammo is ever really an issue on linear cannons in the first place, so I can't really say if the tradeoff's worth it or not.

Conclusion: Only worthwhile things to me are Laza, PLM, and maybe LCM. All silvers probably at least have a part worth using. Overall though, pretty lackluster gara.

Last edited by Suguri on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated.)
Back to top Go down
Damocles_n
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Aura mode actually makes its main selling point weaker?

Whaa?

So what, are we supposed to just use the Vector Laser until it runs out of Ammo, then switch to some AURA air gun?

I'm saddened by your opinion of the lancer,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:37 pm

AURA still gets you free prop bits with VRaid. With blitz bs.

Also, gay bolg.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Cori wrote:
AURA still gets you free prop bits with VRaid. With blitz bs.
I'd rather have prop bits with a stronger internal than blitz bs with a weaker, lower-ammo, worse-homing, all-around crappier one.

Damocles_n wrote:
So what, are we supposed to just use the Vector Laser until it runs out of Ammo, then switch to some AURA air gun?

I'm saddened by your opinion of the lancer,
It's not just weaker in aura, it's weaker overall.

Vector Eagle blaster > Vector Raid blaster > Vector Raid aura blaster
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

Male Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Suguri wrote:
I'm bored.

Gold
Vanguard Lancer - Amazing how it's already been beaten to death on this forum on day 1, but he's definitely the worst vanguard of the three we currently have. Derp damage, derp shield, derp in general. If you really want a vanguard that badly though, he's the only one obtainable in gara atm...

Vector Raid - Aura doesn't refill the BD blaster's ammo. Hit rate is worse during aura than it is without, due to several factors. Force is way lower on the blaster than Vector Eagle's, too. LG2 is interesting, not really sure if it's better than LG or not, but it's interesting.

Albatreos Laza - BD is considerably lower cost than the original, making it a lot more cost efficient - 10 less starting fly though, so tuning becomes even more important. I don't know much about the subweapon, but I heard it's good. Even if it isn't, it's an overall more efficient alba as long as a lack of slots doesn't cripple you.

Silver
Psycho Formula Type-4 - Haven't tried, haven't seen in play, no comment.

Blazed Baron MM - BD2 > BD. Arm looks fun but I don't know if it's practical or not. HD is silly and should probably be removed.

Baltheon BV - It's just a regular baltheon with new arms. Arms work like a lower cost dbmg.

Bronze
Beam Gatling - Gwyain AM2 in handheld form, with lower ammo, higher DPS, and painful stat drops. AM2's probably better.

Volcano Splash - yeah i haven't seen this yet no clue what it is

Red
Powered Laser Mod - Oh my god that DPS, 16 force on a laser is insane. I want one of these badly.

Linear Cannon Mod - +3 force, -40 ammo compared to original. I don't know if ammo is ever really an issue on linear cannons in the first place, so I can't really say if the tradeoff's worth it or not.

Conclusion: Only worthwhile things to me are Laza, PLM, and maybe LCM. All silvers probably at least have a part worth using. Overall though, pretty lackluster gara.

nope.jpg, Lasagna has 15 more starting cost on his BD.

Also, I want to know About Alba Lasagna's BD weaponstats after 2x EIW. And yes, Lasagna is probably alot better than regular because it has a friggin' mine shooter with at least 1.5x the size of TBG nukes. The nuke only explodes when the sphere hits an enemy/wall or at the end of range, though they do shoot around the target making it a bit annoying to hit with the spheres. Though this point still stands: Lasagna's subweapon > regular one IMHO.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Lancer is truely a free fag, just dash/hop aside will dodge the attack, though i heard it's good at tracking air bots.
Eagle - dont like it from the start.
Laza - Those mine explodes like/huger than tbg's spam missiles pale
Psycho - blast psygun like reve's.
MM - tat stun boomerang, saw a lot of players use this HD in JP to anti air.
BV - alpha strike 2 BV will miss the target in front of u most of the time.
Beam Galting - DOnt care abt this since i got AM2 already, and
Quote :
Gwyain AM2 BEAM GATLING weapon's accuracy has been slightly increased.
Volcano - Got one in JP, still dont know if it's good.
Laser - Got one in EN, like above.
Linear - Dont play art.

Will roll this gara until i got MM only.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 pm

disregard that i need to look at cores myself instead of letting sliferx read things back to me

stats I had for alba bd were with parts attached

Updated review on Laza.

Last edited by Suguri on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : herpderp)
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:05 pm

new alba is simply completly anti air while the normal bd was anti air main / bombardement sub

new albas subweapon lays a whole wall of mines in front of him at fixed distance, didnt use it much but sure looks majorly effective, it shoots in different patterns though

i didnt specially look at lancer yet, but i can imagine that its much easier to poke into the weak spots of L-Lands with it then doing it with fencer or axer, since his damage isnt gonna explode just go for 40/17 or something instead

also: comparing raid with eagle is stupid, compare it with the other aurabots, since thats his new niche now

sadly, his cards are a bit lackluster, like with the other aura airs Sad
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

Male Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Suguri wrote:
The new subwep is, from what I've been told, a homing mine shooter.

Uhm..., how exactly can something with no lock on home? (So no, it doesn't home, no lock on either).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:11 pm

wrote:
Suguri wrote:
The new subwep is, from what I've been told, a homing mine shooter.

Uhm..., how exactly can something with no lock on home? (So no, it doesn't home, no lock on either).
I should stop reading clan chat, certain members apparently just talk out of their ass in there.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:29 pm

It homes? I thought it was just like Amateus. Shoot your mine or nova core and then sit back and relax while air fly into it... I don't think it actually homes...
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Psycho Formula BD2 gets float dash and has more free capacity compared to Lily Rain. Blast Psygun HD is also nice.

Laza main weapon missiles have higher force and less ammo compared to the original, atleast without enhance internal weapon carts. I assume it follows that pattern after taking the internal carts. The charge time on the subweapon means it's hard to use head to head, but for area denial it works well. And hey, atleast it's not entirely useless like the original.

BB AM6 (the burner) has 21 force on a .1 second internal. It really hurts, currently using it on a Red Squealer to cart step close to people because 80 range is pretty short even for a burner.

Lancer stunlocks pretty easily. Low force is a letdown. Short boost is a must.

Powered Laser Mod ammo is way too low. After tunes there will barely be any left at all.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Psycho formula hd and linear cannon mod
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:43 pm

After hearing Lancer is a crap Vanguard, I'm pretty happy with what I got from that Garapon.
I'll just wait until Vishura comes to CB.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Psycho formula hd
390 range blast psygun hd is pretty sexy.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Suguri wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Psycho formula hd

Yep, this makes me pretty happy I've started maining ART units.

Spoiler:

Wall-o-pain, I can see this making people rage in epoch
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:31 pm

I like the Gara overall. Only a couple things I would really want, but everything seems usable (or at least has something usable on it).

How's the rates?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:46 pm

Beam gatling is the most common
Vanguard lancer is the least common
The other golds are pretty common though
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 5:50 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
I'm ok with this
Back to top Go down
Hagane
Hagane

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:52 pm

The thing thats good about the Vector Raid is his stats compared to other aura bots. He can also have seiron hd plus the blizelt bs and I think he would be a better candidate for those parts instead of the other 3 aura airs. He can also make a lightning gun alpha striker Razz( though one lightning gun is already more than enough).
Back to top Go down
Vencent
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vencent

Male Posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:58 pm

lancer is different from other vanguard,and good tune can make his damage high.for example,one hit can make 70-110 damage,so it is powerful.on the other hand,his combs have a good effect on damage.of course,his tracking ability is excellent.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Intet wrote:
Suguri wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Psycho formula hd

Yep, this makes me pretty happy I've started maining ART units.

Spoiler:

Wall-o-pain, I can see this making people rage in epoch

Holy shit......
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:24 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
How's Baltheon BV's rate?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Fireflywater wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
How's Baltheon BV's rate?
Ask suguri
He's smarts
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:33 pm

xz rolling this gara? lol.... i got a Blazed Barron MM in JP (KBTKaiser, he loves his Blazed Barrons) and i got Powered Laser Mod... nice touch to put on my L Airs.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suguri rates Robo Gara   Suguri rates Robo Gara Empty

Back to top Go down

Suguri rates Robo Gara
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next