Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER

Go down 
+5
Arti
Mac2492
blead
Aurum_Sol
taewan1
9 posters
AuthorMessage
taewan1
taewan1

Male Posts : 88

TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER Empty
PostSubject: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 5:09 am

video made by me

Last edited by taewan1 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 am

this guide is worthless,

i watched until you swaped to koko because you lost your medi aide, after that youtube hang up for some reason, anyways it wasnt worth bothering to reload the video

here is why i think that this is bullshit:

first: you tell people to grab points by buffing / wasting healammo on people that have fullhp and are not near any kind of enemy to make use of allguard
all this does is grabbin supportpoints while having no use for the team

second: you heal under a powerspot thats under attack, wtf, didnt you even notice that they propably took more damage then they where healed there ? didnt you even think about WHY people dont come to you for healing? its propably because they would die if they did

you have a medi aide, its a bot that has broad radar card, its not that hard to find a good healing position that doesnt scream "HEY IM HERE, LOW HEALTH, WAITING FOR HEAL KILLME!!!!!"

before i have more supporters that play like this i would rather deal with those annoying ion-chans again ...
Back to top Go down
taewan1
taewan1

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:42 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
this guide is worthless,

i watched until you swaped to koko because you lost your medi aide, after that youtube hang up for some reason, anyways it wasnt worth bothering to reload the video

first: you tell people to grab points by buffing / wasting healammo on people that have fullhp and are not near any kind of enemy to make use of allguard

second: you heal under a powerspot thats under attack, wtf, didnt you even notice that they propably took more damage then they where healed there ? didnt you even think about WHY people dont come to you for healing? its propably because they would die if they did

you have a medi aide, its a bot that has broad radar card, its not that hard to find a good healing position that doesnt scream "HEY IM HERE, LOW HEALTH, WAITING FOR HEAL KILLME!!!!!"

before i have more supporters that play like this i would rather deal with those annoying ion-chans again ...

*facepalms*
uhh....
Back to top Go down
taewan1
taewan1

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:43 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
this guide is worthless,

WELL, can you at least give me tips how i can improve?
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:19 am

Awwww, you deleted it. /(-_-)\
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Dude, you deleted the video. Kinda hard to give specific tips now. <.<

General tips...
1) Use the radio + macros. Tell people that you're repairing and that you need WDs.
2) Know when to heal. If you shout "Repairing!" and no one comes to you, do not bust out your repair bit. If enemies are approaching, do not bust out your repair bit.
3) Use chibi circles as often as possible. Place them near a crowd of teammates, or in an easily accessible spot. Also, never place circles under a PS unless you have R.Beruberu and people are huddled around you for repairs OR you have HS circle.
4) Pay attention to the map and radio. Try to stick with large groups of teammates, but also take note of repair requests or people dropping WDs. If you have Broad Radar you'll also want to pay close attention to the location of your enemies. Positioning is incredibly important in this game.
5) To a certain extent, favor the top players in your team.

Based on Aurum's comments, I'll just say...
1) Spam chibi kisses on anyone with less than full HP, but favor top players and players that are about to die. If no one around you is injured and enemies are nearby, spam kisses on everyone (try not to his the same person twice in a row) to give them all-guard OR fight. Otherwise, inform your team to advance, farm trees, scout, etc... You can use kisses on full HP teammates when no enemies are around, but you should really try to find someone else to support.
2) Stay out of your enemies' sight when healing. Avoid healing under powerspots that are under attack or in the middle of a firefight as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Yeah, if you have Regina or R.Winberrl-chan, repair bits and auto-repair circles stack. (Chibi kisses stack with both, but R.Berrl-chan's circle is less effective)
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:55 pm

since it looks like im the only one that did watch the video before delete and you seem to not be able to read what i wrote i will spell it out for you again

Quote :

reads as this: you check the situation on the field, if you see that powerspot is not in danger no matter what, you go there to heal when it is close enough for people to retreat to, if the front is more in direction of the enemy you may want to look for a corner closer to the front, if the front is closer to your own powerspot you may wish to build the healing camp behind it, again in a corner where you are not easily spotted by random joe passing by

since you played a medi aide which offers great cards for support and scouting you should have no problem finding a position , heal, and announce anyone closing in

Quote :

reads as this: do not waste even one fucking shot of your limited ammosupply of medi aide am 2 for someone that has full health, never ever!
the ammo is rare and refilling can become bothersome, so use it to actually heal stuff
the medi am 2 has multiple uses from defensive healing to offensive support healing like melfis arrows (just less bursty), because of that its an incredibly valuable support weapon on the frontline as you can heal up that art being pummeled by an circling air and give him the option to just shoot it down (if he has half a brain)
oh and, it doesnt give allguard, thats only the kisses and ion watercan

now to the kisses: the heal of them is only like 3 and the rate of fire is kind of bad, so you shouldnt try to actually heal with it while in offense but try to buff alguard to as many people as possible that are in combat or about to enter combat, preferably to those that will most likely be the first to get damaged (spikers, and other melees / short and medium ranged gunners)
when your in the healing camp and not at the front you can use it to speed up the healing, but it wont help much, if you notice a enemy closing in proceed to keep alguard on the whole healing camp (and preferably move it away from the position where you are before you are spotted)
depending of which support you play you can lay different kind of traps in your healing camp
for example: squidol girl coreweapon is an area slow, winbells bind, tarantuilcs net cannon and some other come to mind, make use of it, especially when you notice that your teammates are blind and deaf (like usual)

that should be some basic supporting tactics, for something that goes into more aggressive support you could read into cape mikes pulsycait thread, i think this might give you some nice ideas to customize a support thats fir for you too, afterall supports offer an enormus arsenal of super powerful weapons for most kinds of situations

ps: as you could read, im not even considering a kisser staying back to farm trees, allguard is a way to useful buff to waste it on some crappy treefarming "support"

edit: oh, and just so you know, i appreciate the intentions behind your initial video post, i like it when people try to help out making the community better but this video might have made things worse than they are now
nothing personal

dont bother with correcting grammars, after eyeing the post once i see many mistakes already but whatever, im not going to change them unless it becomes boytitan level >.>
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Silentice better supporter than that probably.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:14 pm

im still not get it... this thread about how to get "best support" title or really become a good support bot user?

if you just want best support title, you no need sup bot doing that... just bust out tree , barrel, or anything can be blown up for item and take everything you got ... then throw em all to front line... either literaly throw repair , ammo or wonder drugs to your friend... or summon hippos , shield , or even firepillar , hurricane and meteor to anything come closer... 75% i got best support title this way... and im using AIR bots (moreover, a normal Crim)

Aurum_Sol wrote:

that should be some basic supporting tactics, for something that goes into more aggressive support you could read into cape mikes pulsycait thread, i think this might give you some nice ideas to customize a support thats fir for you too, afterall supports offer an enormus arsenal of super powerful weapons for most kinds of situations

actually depend on how you use it... you can be either Combat Medic or Deadly Doctor . even not as scary as ART arsernal, SUP type weapon of choice grasp almost all weapon type (explosive, beam and melle) + their unique weapon... good example are bugsy arm and pulsaradio missiles...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Courius wrote:

Aurum_Sol wrote:

actually depend on how you use it... you can be either Combat Medic or Deadly Doctor . even not as scary as ART arsernal, SUP type weapon of choice grasp almost all weapon type (explosive, beam and melle) + their unique weapon... good example are bugsy arm and pulsaradio missiles...

i was solely talking about the unique support weapons, you get stuff like gravity gun, dio missiles, shock tonfas / shields, netguns, drawgun ams, different binds and many, many more

the only thing i dont like about supports is: rouche isnt one but instead became an art and yet she has one of the most powerful supportweapons with her huge barriers (then again, theres also no support style bot to resemble baltheon ._.)
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 7:36 am

baltheon is her boyfriend hahaha

another Art Bot capable of support : Victory-1 , free long range WB anyone?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:13 am

Courius wrote:
baltheon is her boyfriend hahaha

another Art Bot capable of support : Victory-1 , free long range WB anyone?

the hybrid bots are not that uncommon anymore, elisalotte and ouka use binds, crimrobo has hypershot and allguard, feng mei has the whirl to bounce people around, ion with clearence and winbellcircle buff and some others too, its just that rouche and baltheon take that role further then they should
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:28 am

How2BestSupporter?

Kill trees,get repair kits

Used said kits.

Best support in vanguard fencer/daedalian
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Nisa wrote:
How2BestSupporter?

Kill trees,get repair kits

Used said kits.

Best support in vanguard fencer/daedalian

well... in EN it so darn easy due almost none SUP bot in arena except Nicole Malice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 pm

Best supporter is rouche. In epoch ps breakers give tons of points when they hit the barrier
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Even if there's barely any forums in this section, it's still against the rules to necrobump a thread.

EDIT: Besides, the video's gone and the thread's pretty broken anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER   TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER Empty

Back to top Go down

TIPS ON HOW TO BE BEST SUPPORTER
Page 1 of 1