Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xz's guide to building bots

Go down 
+26
Malphes
boytitan2
blead
Retrias
syaondri
4rt4n93l
lucc132
LordShade
necrodrakath
Tryrant
Frederica-Bernkastel
Kitouski
Rinrin
Raven
Aurum_Sol
Intet
ngelicdark
mitchi.exe
Nymph~
Aria
FireKiller87
BNOISE
Suguri
(´・ω・`)
xzpwnz
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Uhh?
36 fly on a x2 enhance internal weapon seraph?
This should be the only thing I've excluded because I thought people would've been smarter
I was sadly wrong
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:20 pm

the build serves its purpose for showing the great tune, in a build without double eiw there might even be more potential great tunes due to lotsa sparecapa

ps: you can easily get 1 or 2 more fly by optimizing few tunes if you keep the parts and cards as they are (maybe you could get some more stuff out of it but i wont look into it to much, thats for others to do :p)

Last edited by Aurum_Sol on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
the build serves its purpose for showing the great tune, in a build without double eiw there might even be more potential great tunes due to lotsa sparecapa

ps: you can easily get 2 more fly by optimizing few tunes if you keep the parts and cards as they are (maybe you could get some more stuff out of it but i wont look into it to much, thats for others to do :p)
You're missing the obvious too
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:28 pm

im not missing the point, im just optimizing stats on an existing build, theres no point in completly redoing it just because its not as effective as possible by ignoring fly cause of 2 eiws granting you 99 seconds of 40+ flyspeed

btw, not everyone flys to death after wingspam, people might take use from whatever they wanted to tune for - a build must fit the players playstyle afterall
Back to top Go down

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
im not missing the point, im just optimizing stats on an existing build, theres no point in completly redoing it just because its not as effective as possible by ignoring fly cause of 2 eiws granting you 99 seconds of 40+ flyspeed

btw, not everyone flys to death after wingspam, people might take use from whatever they wanted to tune for - a build must fit the players playstyle afterall

I feel as though saying, "... just because its not as effective..." is out of place here. I understand what you're saying, but that means absolutely nothing when to my understanding, Xz made this guide with the intention of showing people how to be as effective as possible. Right? So excusing not using the most effective parts or stat allocation based on play-style or any other reason such as "for fun" is perfectly fine, however, does not belong in a thread meant for teaching people (or in case of those who already know, discussing) how to judge which parts are the most effective for your build.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 6:39 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
what?

Spoiler:
HURR DURR:
Now, what to do with that extra 20 capacity?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 7:42 pm

808 wrote:

I feel as though saying, "... just because its not as effective..." is out of place here. I understand what you're saying, but that means absolutely nothing when to my understanding, Xz made this guide with the intention of showing people how to be as effective as possible. Right? So excusing not using the most effective parts or stat allocation based on play-style or any other reason such as "for fun" is perfectly fine, however, does not belong in a thread meant for teaching people (or in case of those who already know, discussing) how to judge which parts are the most effective for your build.

what i did was simple: i took what i was presented and made it better with whatever means i had aviable without breaking with the builders intention of the build, this is also a form of min-maxing

@ lxe: even if your build has better stats, i do not see any point in taking 1 of 2 eiws on a seraph since the internal gives not only a time bonus but also another charge

back to topic:
im all for min-maxing as long as it makes the least bit of sense for the player and bot type
for this purpose xz´s simple calculation will do the trick for most players, the final build might still shift parts around for tuning purposes or whatever reason (not that this matters to those that dont know how to pick cost effective parts)
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:01 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

ps: you can easily get 2 more fly by optimizing few tunes if you keep the parts and cards as they are (maybe you could get some more stuff out of it but i wont look into it to much, thats for others to do :p)
You're missing the obvious too

Rinrin wrote:

QFT
I thought people would've been smarter
I was sadly wrong too
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 pm

This reminds me of someone who was using a wlk/tec based build and planned on heavily tuning it. They planned on using Dharma Star AMs and I asked them if they had any Dikarios AMs instead. Same amount of stats in places he'd tune for, only Dikarios has 5 more HP.

On top of that, if he tuned for Beta, High Run Beta isn't a option for his build because it reduces tec, while high tec beta was if he had fly remaining, so higher wlk parts to tune for less wlk tunes is probably better in the long run if he did use those tunes... but that's getting a bit more complicated then simply calculating free stats.

And you know Rin, I'm surprised you didn't just reply with "this thread is pointless telling people how to play"...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 am

I have a question regarding great tunes.

I need to get 40 TGH on my Scaregant without sacrificing mobility and i cant seem to do it without a few great tunes on TGH.

Should i forget about getting 40 TGH or go ahead with the great tunes?

Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:16 am

If your problem isn't Slots (Which it shouldn't be, with Scaregant having a BS and access to Thoarla LG if the need arises [which also give +3 TGH]), then High Tough is the most cost effective.

If my memory serves High Tough is 15 cost and Great Tough is 30. 15 more cost for one more stat, which could be better used in another High Tough, which would be 2 more stats.

If you're actually having a problem with slots, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm too lazy to go in Cosmicalc and see if Great would be better.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:42 am

I have no clue how you're running into slot problems with Scaregant Frederica, my Nomad has tons of open slots but is nearly capa'd out and most time I simulate builds I'm wishing I had more capa, not more cost, lol. I do know original has the same capa cost and capa gain as Nomad as well. Yours is at Lv10 right? I tend to simulate mine with x2 Slow Tunes and for Nomad, more speed with his rifle, but it still seems strange you'd run into slot issues before capa issues even if you weren't planning on main/sub weapon tunes. o_o
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:26 am

Frederica-Bernkastel wrote:
I have a question regarding great tunes.

I need to get 40 TGH on my Scaregant without sacrificing mobility and i cant seem to do it without a few great tunes on TGH.

Should i forget about getting 40 TGH or go ahead with the great tunes?

Go for 40
You shouldn't be using any great tunes, scaregants are one of the easiest bots to hit 40 tgh because of their high core tgh of 18 and 21 and a +3 tgh bs
I personally use thoarla lg with x2 scaregant bs
Back to top Go down
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:50 am

Aaaah, i see. I didnt think of Thoarla legs.

Thank you! Thank you all!!!
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 am

I WANT A GUIDE TO HOP PROPERLY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:49 am

necrodrakath wrote:
xz said
- Never backwards hop
- Turn 90 degrees, and then sidehop
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Even hopping requires skill to do well
Like what lxe just said and a few other things to note are important
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Don't hop constantly
Do hop after stuff is shot at you to avoid it
Vary the length of your hops to throw off aim
Exploit the terrain, hop over walls and hills your pursuers must jump over manually
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:36 am

Nice nice, i got a zero saber custom recently, anyone can make a simple hopper not more of lvl 8?
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 am

LXE wrote:
necrodrakath wrote:
xz said
- Never backwards hop

I suppose this is because of the movement penalty when running/walking backwards?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 3:50 pm

necrodrakath wrote:
Nice nice, i got a zero saber custom recently, anyone can make a simple hopper not more of lvl 8?
zs2 is the best s hopper core
Just get short boost, quick jump, and quick land and you should be fine

LordShade wrote:
LXE wrote:
necrodrakath wrote:
xz said
- Never backwards hop

I suppose this is because of the movement penalty when running/walking backwards?
Sure, why not
Back to top Go down
lucc132

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:55 am

Is there any way to remove failed tune slots ? On locked parts? Only way is junk it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:00 am

lucc132 wrote:
Is there any way to remove failed tune slots ? On locked parts? Only way is junk it?
You can remove them if the parts are locked into the robot, which means you have to junk and restart.
But for unlocked parts, you can't.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:52 am

Added movement cart section #em3
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:04 am

Corrections on some times.

Air boost gauge is 12 seconds

LND/SUP boost run is 6.5 seconds, air boost run is 24 seconds, art boost run is 8 seconds

iirc air loop uses the same amount of boost as accele roll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xz's guide to building bots   Xz's guide to building bots - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xz's guide to building bots
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next