Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patty loop

Go down 
+13
Shaftronics
Hagane
Trill
Rinrin
Suguri
Fireflywater
Rynex
Intet
SkyPanic
Hyoka
Raven
Kitouski
Midona
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Patty loop is one of the bot I played sometimes and enjoy, and I want to make her my next finished bot.

But I have a problem. This is the first bot I don't know how to tune, because I need..... everything ! The goal is mainly to make from her a gunslinger, the hat attack being too weak (hard to use not damages) to be interesting.

For 2nd hand, I thought about a Mini Zooka or a Viper shield. Anti air or better survivability ? Hard to choose. What do you think about it? (for now I would prefer on viper shield and my ability to lead targets for air units).
Boost run is interesting? Give speed but I want to move for long time without interrupt. Which sound better, with or without ?

For tune.... erf.
I would like STR close to TEC to maximise her awessssssssome bits.
I would like high TEC (but will lower STR) for gunslinger role : shatter enemies.
I would like high WLK (but low FLY...) to be hard to catch even for AIR's.
I would like a bit more of fly to avoid close combat (remember what I often say : I'll NOT play short boost. Never. Nada.)
I would like more TGH because 9 is really... not much (but tough runner can maybe help me.
I would put main weapons tunes on the gatling hat (A combination of shooter, force or high speed)

This is impossible to reach all these points of course, so which ones are more important? I have around 140 cost to tune up.

My personal tought for now : around 40-50 for main weapon, and others for stat, all in WLK and TGH (FLY to 1.)
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:04 pm

I don't have a Patty so I couldn't answer a lot of this, but I can tell you that Handy Zook > Mini Zook and Buckler > Viper Shield all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Common consensus I believe is to go buckler in the free hand and keep STR and TEC relatively balanced while pumping the hell out of walk (36) and either going sway or short boost/boost run. Just re-read you said no short boost. Probably Tough Runner if she gets it (too lazy to check carts). One internal should be good enough unless you like cycling through the puppets.

If you're looking to tune the Hat Gatling, I'd say paralyze probably. Anyone can feel free to say otherwise though. Especially cause you might run into cost issues with Paralyze being 50 cost I believe.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Patty lop is so easy to play, just equip air loop and hop with them bits.

....man, that was some horrible spelling mistake. I can't stop laughing.

That aside, your main killing weapon is going to be the bits, not the gatling. The gatling is more for support fire and farming items.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:15 pm

Midona wrote:
Patty loop is one of the bot I played sometimes and enjoy, and I want to make her my next finished bot.

But I have a problem. This is the first bot I don't know how to tune, because I need..... everything ! The goal is mainly to make from her a gunslinger, the hat attack being too weak (hard to use not damages) to be interesting.

For 2nd hand, I thought about a Mini Zooka or a Viper shield. Anti air or better survivability ? Hard to choose. What do you think about it? (for now I would prefer on viper shield and my ability to lead targets for air units).
Boost run is interesting? Give speed but I want to move for long time without interrupt. Which sound better, with or without ?

For tune.... erf.
I would like STR close to TEC to maximise her awessssssssome bits.
I would like high TEC (but will lower STR) for gunslinger role : shatter enemies.
I would like high WLK (but low FLY...) to be hard to catch even for AIR's.
I would like a bit more of fly to avoid close combat (remember what I often say : I'll NOT play short boost. Never. Nada.)
I would like more TGH because 9 is really... not much (but tough runner can maybe help me.
I would put main weapons tunes on the gatling hat (A combination of shooter, force or high speed)

This is impossible to reach all these points of course, so which ones are more important? I have around 140 cost to tune up.

My personal tought for now : around 40-50 for main weapon, and others for stat, all in WLK and TGH (FLY to 1.)

1. TEC = STR, it's not much effective when puppet re easily to be destroyed
2. With pretty low force on her Gatling high TEC ll not help you at all
3. With boost run you need high both WLK and FLY to get high tier
4. With short boost it ll save you from dangerous LND or AIR, high FLY not work and tune FLy ll reduce WLK
5. with 10 TGH it ll be fine with Tough runner and Stun regain
6. i think the best tune is Force (cheap cost, increased force by 1, no stat penalty) - Paralize (high dps gun with paralize re godlike) - High shooter ( more dps, more safe with longer range)

Patty loop ScreenShot_20020101_0935_58_500

Hyoka wrote:
Patty lop is so easy to play, just equip air loop and hop with them bits.

....man, that was some horrible spelling mistake. I can't stop laughing.

That aside, your main killing weapon is going to be the bits, not the gatling. The gatling is more for support fire and farming items.

WTH re u saying ??? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:21 pm

Exactly what I'm saying.

It's not worth tuning that gatling for force.

Range and Speed is for killing, but you'll find that her rabbits are a lot more lethal than she is...
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Exactly what I'm saying.

Range and Speed is for killing, but you'll find that her rabbits are a lot more lethal than she is... and when run out of rabbit it was like fuked in the face if i rely on her rabbit

fixed ? Evil or Very Mad

her hat gatling is pretty awesome in both meele and shooting, it can made a combo that get at least 80 HP each time you do it unless yr opponent ve very high TGH
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 pm

And you don't take internals for more rabbits?
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Exactly what I'm saying.

Range and Speed is for killing, but you'll find that her rabbits are a lot more lethal than she is...

Depends on the target, against airs and anything that can keep away from you, the gatling is gonna really be the only threat to them.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Hyoka wrote:
And you don't take internals for more rabbits?

no, i dont rely on rabbit that much, just summoned the first time when prepare to counter enemies and keep summon after all rabbits re destroyed or need melee when among lots of ART (skip rifle rabbit to summon scythe rabbit)

with high speed and range her gatling can easy catching up high FLY AIR or boost run LND
Back to top Go down
Rynex

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 pm

Midona wrote:

Flying as a LND bot will not help you escape melee, because they can simply jump and hit you. The point of short boost against melee is to dodge their swings based on which side of the body their weapons are on.

If you have high enough WLK (like, 34 or more) you can afford to run backwards and zigzag and shoot up lands while they try to chase you.

With short boost and 34 WLK at least, I've been able to kite and dodge against the likes of 2 Kutens + 1 ivis, or 1 Byne Girl + 2 Kutens + 1 air.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Rynex wrote:
Flying as a LND bot will not help you escape melee, because they can simply jump and hit you.
OBJECTION!
While someone is in a melee combo, they cannot jump until the combo has ended. At which point, the jump does save you from taking hits. Sometimes, the meleer will go in another combo without jumping, effectively screwing them.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:16 pm

Flying as any bot will help you escape melee, so long as you have the mobility for it. Since LNDs get a mobility bonus to WLK, though, trying to keep FLY as a means of avoiding isn't worth it. In most cases you'll be fine as long as your WLK is high and you keep at least 1 FLY.

In regards to the gatling not being your main source of killing, I disagree. The bits are there for added damage, harassment, versatility, and shields (I can't tell you how annoyed I get killing Patty; I always hit their damn puppets instead...).
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Uhhh, Hyoka, you're doing 9 force shots at 7 times a second. A single force tune is only 10 cost for another 1 force per shot. On top of that, how in the heck do you consider the Gatling Gun not a main mode of killing?

Cosmo Kaiser AC two shots at 4 force of shot, effectively 8 force at the same speed with more bullets to be cut down by tgh, and that's his ONLY mode of killing and he's one hell of a bot. I may not have a Patty, but common sense tells me you don't know what you're talking about whatsoever, lol. No offense.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 pm

SkyPanic wrote:

it's not much effective when puppet re easily to be destroyed
>puppets have 200 HP each
>scythe puppets have 400 HP each

the fuck are you talking about
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Kitouski wrote:
Uhhh, Hyoka, you're doing 9 force shots at 7 times a second. A single force tune is only 10 cost for another 1 force per shot. On top of that, how in the heck do you consider the Gatling Gun not a main mode of killing?

Cosmo Kaiser AC two shots at 4 force of shot, effectively 8 force at the same speed with more bullets to be cut down by tgh, and that's his ONLY mode of killing and he's one hell of a bot. I may not have a Patty, but common sense tells me you don't know what you're talking about whatsoever, lol. No offense.

I've played Dune's patty.

The gatling really isn't what everyone makes it out to be :<
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:27 pm

wat the. heck. r. u. all. talking. about?
Patty loop Screen20
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Rinrin wrote:
wat the. heck. r. u. all. talking. about?
Spoiler:

I don't understand.

What's the picture for?

It's tuned exactly like the previous picture posted here.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Look at the force of most guns. Like Accel Gun for example, a popular weapon. It has 16 force and shoots two times a second.

Now let's look at this picture. It's bullet travels just as quickly, hits 7 times a second, goes just as far and paralyzes better. Perhaps I don't agree with the tunes 100%, but with all due respect Hyoka, I just think you couldn't coupe with the fact that gatlings require a bit more aiming, because that's something a lot of Pattys aren't good at. Without a single tune it would still be a great weapon.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Well, I use a Shino Exroad hopper with a huge gatling, but that's triple speed tuned for 533 speed.

The aiming part isn't so hard, but I do have the occaisional gripe with the size of them rabbits.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:14 am

ppl ve their own play style so ve fun with it
maybe a build is the best for someone but not the best for other

just like my Genbura, all other sniper stick with WLK and boost run but i stick with high FLY and often get game 's warrior in some specific map (dull road, 2 rivers, damp under ground ...)

it's not about how to build, it's about what can you do with your build
so stop keep discussion like this, lol
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:25 am

On the contrary I was pointing out a fact down to the numbers. I didn't tell anyone how they should play. Just to clear that up.

Also, one thing I didn't state was that mobility > everyone almost all the time, so make sure to focus on wlk on Patty, though a lot of people have said this thus far.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:23 am

Thanks for all the anwsers.

I'll retain this : I must maximise the effect of puppets which are strong (but sound messy against airs), but also the effect of the gatling hat which is too. So I'll not tune for STR neither TEC and let them at around 20.

So I'm planning to give main weapons tunes, a bit of TGH (about 2-3 more points), tough runner and stun regain. And the remaining cost for WLK. Well LND will be dangerous, but I run fast I just have to anticipate and I have the puppets.

Also I thought about breaker tune up x2 + 1 force. Could be interesting with a gatling to have better chances to shatter enemy parts ?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 4:36 am

Just an FYI, if you don't want Short Boost and plan on going the Sway route, while swaying Tough Runner is not taking effect.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 am

Midona wrote:
Thanks for all the anwsers.

I'll retain this : I must maximise the effect of puppets which are strong (but sound messy against airs), but also the effect of the gatling hat which is too. So I'll not tune for STR neither TEC and let them at around 20.

So I'm planning to give main weapons tunes, a bit of TGH (about 2-3 more points), tough runner and stun regain. And the remaining cost for WLK. Well LND will be dangerous, but I run fast I just have to anticipate and I have the puppets.

Also I thought about breaker tune up x2 + 1 force. Could be interesting with a gatling to have better chances to shatter enemy parts ?

puppet depend in how you play, if you use them too much just get atleast one IEW
against AIR use your hat, it's easy to shoot AIR bots even with 38 FLY with this

because of 9 force base at her hat, TEC ll not work much (even if you up force up to 10, TEC ll not work much too ... )

with me mobility > damage, i often tune WLK or FLY to a bot first before other tune unless that bot ve a un-removeable weapon which need to tune (that mean with patty i begin to tune her hat first, the first force tune if failed go junk her and retune it)

a little TGH to up to 10 is good for her but she can't handle more TGH because of her low cost or you ve to sacrifice WLK for it

and about that breaker tune, too bad gatling type weapon ve very low chance to break part because they ve very high DPS. Breaker tune increased the weapon base break chance by %, that mean it's only work best in breaker, rifle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patty loop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patty loop   Patty loop Empty

Back to top Go down

Patty loop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next