Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Guide to joining a DOS clan

Go down 
+17
DarkChuky
Flandyrll
CleroViPrimo
Zentrino
chengsta
dsp
Turkeysaur
FireKiller87
knyx
ngelicdark
Intet
NotZetsubou
BNOISE
Suguri
IronDicks
hankzorz
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hankzorz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
hankzorz

Male Posts : 254

A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:38 am

CleroViPrimo wrote:
Diversity...We are the more active members of the former clan "Garuda." Garuda was flooded with a lot of low rank inactive members. We decided to leave and create our own clan. We are open to new members of DOS and like to help them out. From personal experience, a few other clans are too serious. We wanted to create an active clan with a pleasant environment. I like to think of us as a pseudo-family, where we can share our ideas and just chat...and no we are not only looking for indonesians.

Sincerely Clero

P.S. you might want to interview clan leaders before posting this kind of stuff

Corrected. I recall Garuda being made up of many Indonesians, hence the "recruiting for Indonesians" thing. I'm just posting my take on the clans. Interviewing clan leaders would all lead to a "come to this clan!" sort of thing so I'd rather not.
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:04 am

hankzorz wrote:
Corrected. I recall Garuda being made up of many Indonesians, hence the "recruiting for Indonesians" thing. I'm just posting my take on the clans. Interviewing clan leaders would all lead to a "come to this clan!" sort of thing so I'd rather not.

Regarding Iconoclast.
Yes, it is basically MSBS + MoD. There's basically no actual dying of either clan. I just had to come to a compromise because they didn't like the name MSBS. Besides the fact that a few of the more well-known MoD players hardly gets on, it's more or less just a combination than anything else.
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

Male Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:44 am

hankzorz wrote:

EFB (Eternal Force Blizzard)
A large clan in Dos that is generally viewed as "elitist". They are a collective of elite players. From what I know, they are also accepting some new players and try to teach them. They do not take kindly to bad players or players who don't listen. Perhaps one of the best DOS players resides in this clan. ...

OMGOMG WHOWHO!?

hankzorz wrote:

The name is...

*eyes start to shine* SAY THE NAME. SAY EET.

hankzorz wrote:

Adhominem

...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HARDQQ
*smahses keyboard a few times; thinks: oh damn, I'm in an internetcafe... whoopsy...*
*scream more*

Ahem... ignoring the above... the story of my clan is joining MoD, was asking to be trained by Wulf and Flay (Gunnar) , I was acting very childish, like a little spoiled child; ended in getting kicked. Lone-wolfed it quite a time because I felt that MoD was my true homeclan and was kind of upset of myself for acting so stupid, after some time my behavior changed heavily and I tried to get back in, exchanged accounts with Flay giving my account some attention while speccing him, thus kinda was "ghosting" in MoD, proved myself to Wulf and got back in the clan (Huge yay. Very Happy) Wulf offered that it would be better for me to "try" MSBS and if I didn't like it I'd rejoin back to MoD. Thus weeks had passed and I changed my opinion and wanted to stay in MSBS. Finally gotten alot better and then gara with Albatreos in it came up, rolled it, got it and loved it so much. Sub-leader of EFB noticed me and suddenly he talked to me and offered me to join EFB seeing as my anti-air skills were pretty darn good (was pretty shocked as I wasn't too sure that I was THAT good for EFB, died from happyness when sub-leader offered me to join EFB Very Happy), especially surprised getting 0 cost in alot of my matches. He told me that all sub-leaders had to agree with me joining, and they all agreed thus I joined.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 am

hankzorz wrote:
Enlightenment was not mentioned because I've heard that the clan chat is really quiet and there is not really any bonding between players. It also seems the clan is dying and the only good player that I've seen from the clan is LethalFlip.

Execution seems like a small clan that does not take nicely to people if they use RT since I believe they look for UC players. There are no players that I find noteworthy in the clan and Execution likes kicking members without stating a reason and/or doing bad in Cyberstep's clan tournament. I should know because I have 2 former Execution members in the clan.

As for EFB, I do realize there are some very chill players in your clan, but some players in the clan tend to be quite condescending towards other players/clans. If somebody is not better than them, they are looked down upon quite heavily. There are players in your clan other than BT that do this.

o.O

wow u always see a bulb light on arena or arena area!!! we are not death! xD! but we have ppls from all TimeZones, that makes the chat a little quiet...

and our list of good ppls is higher xD!!! also we are recluting new ppls so we always try to help newbies! regards, oh yes Mission Events always kill us from the weekly rank, but we are in 7-4 ranks!!! u can count us as an active DOS clan, I will alwasy be a Bulb boy! xD
Back to top Go down
hankzorz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
hankzorz

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:01 pm

DarkChuky wrote:
hankzorz wrote:
Enlightenment was not mentioned because I've heard that the clan chat is really quiet and there is not really any bonding between players. It also seems the clan is dying and the only good player that I've seen from the clan is LethalFlip.

Execution seems like a small clan that does not take nicely to people if they use RT since I believe they look for UC players. There are no players that I find noteworthy in the clan and Execution likes kicking members without stating a reason and/or doing bad in Cyberstep's clan tournament. I should know because I have 2 former Execution members in the clan.

As for EFB, I do realize there are some very chill players in your clan, but some players in the clan tend to be quite condescending towards other players/clans. If somebody is not better than them, they are looked down upon quite heavily. There are players in your clan other than BT that do this.

o.O

wow u always see a bulb light on arena or arena area!!! we are not death! xD! but we have ppls from all TimeZones, that makes the chat a little quiet...

and our list of good ppls is higher xD!!! also we are recluting new ppls so we always try to help newbies! regards, oh yes Mission Events always kill us from the weekly rank, but we are in 7-4 ranks!!! u can count us as an active DOS clan, I will alwasy be a Bulb boy! xD

There are quite a few players that leave Enlightenment and migrate to a different clan D:
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

Male Posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:23 am

Not sure if I'm actually just necroing a post-relevant thread, but I have inherited leadership of Iconoclast for DOS. We've accumulated about 80 members. Whenever you can, just make that adjustment to your main post, Hank.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:31 am

Shouldn't be a problem
Only a retard would lock this thread for that *hint hint*
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:19 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem

go bug the overwatch or something, i'm too busy getting new rules approved and old ones renewed
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 5:45 pm

@"Enlightenment Being Quiet"

Yeah that was definitely true for sometime when some of our leaders/old players
retired. However this is not the case anymore and the clan is verry active with team fights constantly, many boss runs, and arena-ing together ^^ A very friendly/chill clan and we would love more members #em3

@"Lethalflip being only good player"
....no. Just no. Have you ever seen Numot or some of the vets play? #em1
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

IronDicks wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem

go bug the overwatch or something, i'm too busy getting new rules approved and old ones renewed
The hint wasn't for you, but okay ;3
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:21 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
IronDicks wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem

The hint wasn't for you, but okay ;3

overwatch probably would have reported it anyway if i didn't say anything, which would have ended in me saying it doesn't need locking or just ignoring it.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Yeah, you're bad at guessing dicks
Back to top Go down
hankzorz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
hankzorz

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:31 pm

donggyu wrote:
@"Enlightenment Being Quiet"

Yeah that was definitely true for sometime when some of our leaders/old players
retired. However this is not the case anymore and the clan is verry active with team fights constantly, many boss runs, and arena-ing together ^^ A very friendly/chill clan and we would love more members #em3

@"Lethalflip being only good player"
....no. Just no. Have you ever seen Numot or some of the vets play? #em1

Yeah, it was true at the time, but now it's updated and you guys are active. You can ask other people about your players and clanmates if you'd like and how they feel. Just my opinion, no hate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 pm

xzpwnz wrote:

guessing never was really my strong point, i would have some nice stuff from lotto cubes by now if it was

on topic(ish)
I'm still surprised when i see members from danmaku running around
Back to top Go down
hankzorz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
hankzorz

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:42 pm

IronDicks wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

guessing never was really my strong point, i would have some nice stuff from lotto cubes by now if it was

on topic(ish)

That surprises me too, I'm wondering if they're active again... 0_0
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:10 pm

IronDicks wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

on topic(ish)
My lucky number is 3. It's always been 3. The best prize is always in cube #3 for me. ALWAYS. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 pm

hankzorz wrote:
IronDicks wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

on topic(ish)

That surprises me too, I'm wondering if they're active again... 0_0
Kinda miss Danmaku - It was the first clan I started in DOS, back when it was considered a "Good" clan.
Back to top Go down
donggyu
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Enlightment leader is Numot (Intet on forums) An all-around epic HAX player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to joining a DOS clan    A Guide to joining a DOS clan  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Guide to joining a DOS clan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2