Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?

Go down 
+8
Suguri
Intet
Emeraldsun
Hellenisti
Phyress
Fireflywater
knyx
SkyPanic
12 posters
AuthorMessage
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? Empty
PostSubject: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:33 pm

New project, cheap but deadly Embarassed

Quote :
【Robot Name】
Victory

【Parts】
BD: Victory BD3
 WB: Mini Long Range Unit(default)
 LG: Mach Knight LG [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha] [Boost]
 HD: Lancerlot HD2 [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
  HDAC: Cute Beret
  FCAC: Ace of Hearts Earrings
 BS: Amateus BS [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
 AM: Skullroid AM [High Boost] [High Tech Alpha]
  WP: Linear Cannon [Great Force Beta]
 AM: Skullroid AM [High Boost] [High Tech Alpha]
  WP: Buckler

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: M
COST: 915
CAPA: 925
HP: 400
STR: 1
TEC: 21
WLK: 1
FLY: 28
TGH: 11

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +80×8
Sniper Sight
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×11
Threede Cosmos×1
Red Chip×20
Blue Chip×20
Yellow Chip×70
Stabilizer×18
Turbo Charger×94
Strike Metal×9
Drum Magazine×71
Guide Circuit×14
Acid Gel×15

Last edited by SkyPanic on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Free frag for any air in <150 range.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 pm

knyx wrote:

lots of ppl ve a same thinking way like you before they meet me lol! (include lots of AG and Seraph with slayer bit and DB machine gun) it's not that i can always kill nearby AIRs but they ll pay lots of HP to counter me like that or died (those who afraid and run after got hit few times at near range re free food lol! )

but as a sniper, i'm sure that shoot ppl in a safe range is the best, with 28 FLY and broad radar it's very effective if you don't know
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:52 pm

knyx wrote:
Victory BD3 has a blast bazooka. And considering how people fanboy about the Handy Bazooka on how well it takes AIR outs, this is better.
Back to top Go down
Phyress

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 am

I went WLK instead of FLY. Why did you choose to go FLY?

Also, I'd swap the Sniper Sight for an EIW.
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 am

Phyress wrote:

That's because even if you have high WLK, LNDs will always be able to outrun you and fuck you up, and you won't be able to chase down AIRs.

If you have high FLY, melee LNDs will find it difficult to chase after you, as most LND builds will have very low FLY, and be unable to match your airborne speed.
Also, this will allow you to access high places easier, and then moving from one high place to another becomes possible, and thus, saves you from the danger of LNDs altogether, and minimizes the threat AIRs can pose with their altitude advantage.
Back to top Go down
Emeraldsun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Emeraldsun

Male Posts : 385

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:33 pm

My Muchi is my sniper, I don't get much trouble when an air gets too close with it thanks to internals. For pure long range and covering fire in big teams I use my Toybox as a long range hammer. I don't know about a force tune...I tuned my LC for range and it's quite the boost for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/robert.reeves.3591
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 1:55 pm

Hellenisti wrote:
Phyress wrote:

That's because even if you have high WLK, LNDs will always be able to outrun you and fuck you up, and you won't be able to chase down AIRs.

If you have high FLY, melee LNDs will find it difficult to chase after you, as most LND builds will have very low FLY, and be unable to match your airborne speed.
Also, this will allow you to access high places easier, and then moving from one high place to another becomes possible, and thus, saves you from the danger of LNDs altogether, and minimizes the threat AIRs can pose with their altitude advantage.

Your range is what keeps you safe with this build, if you go walk, you can keep repositioning constantly to make it hard for you get pinned down in the first place. Good land players will still be able to chase you down since they can just run you out of boost. There is also the fact that it's simply easier to aim LC while running around than flying. The bot is also low cost anyway, if you die, no biggie. Both fly and walk builds have there merits, but if I was gonna build a victory sniper I would go with walk.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Intet wrote:

Your range is what keeps you safe with this build, if you go walk, you can keep repositioning constantly to make it hard for you get pinned down in the first place. Good land players will still be able to chase you down since they can just run you out of boost. There is also the fact that it's simply easier to aim LC while running around than flying. The bot is also low cost anyway, if you die, no biggie. Both fly and walk builds have there merits, but if I was gonna build a victory sniper I would go with walk.
Agreed. I'd rather do wlk with most railgunners.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:38 pm

Fireflywater wrote:
knyx wrote:
Victory BD3 has a blast bazooka. And considering how people fanboy about the Handy Bazooka on how well it takes AIR outs, this is better.

I'm talking about the no internal upgrades.

Fly is to reposition you to higher ground or run away from any melee that's not Fia, not shoot while moving. The only thing you're shooting while flying/walking is your internals.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:31 am

Suguri wrote:
Intet wrote:

Agreed. I'd rather do wlk with most railgunners.

FLY sniper made my day

maybe lots of ppl here ve seen how am i success with my FLYING Genbura lol!
that 's why idm to made another FLYING VICTORY
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:17 am

im also using fly on my genbu at the moment, but i think linear cannon wont be as effective on a flying bot anyways

well, i for my part love the knockback of the railgun while flying away from melees :3 (especially with hypershotted genburail it pushes back quite a bit)
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:31 am

Heres a walk based victory with rail gun instead of LC

【Robot Name】
Victory

【Parts】
BD: Victory BD3
 WB: Mini Long Range Unit(default)
 LG: Crabberoid LG
 HD: Pulsardio HD
  HDAC: Dayu Hair Ornament
  FCAC: Monocle
 BS: Amateus BS [High Tough] [High Tough] [High Tough]
 AM: Accel Saber AM [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Buckler
 AM: Accel Saber AM [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  WP: Railgun [Great Force Beta]

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: M
COST: 845
CAPA: 845
HP: 395
STR: 5
TEC: 23
WLK: 21
FLY: 1
TGH: 16

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +80×7
Enhance internal weapon×2
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×9
Threede Cosmos×1
Blue Chip×20
Green Chip×60
Engine Shaft×54
Brake Damper×39
Strike Metal×9
Snail Liquid×42
Acid Gel×15
Hard Plate×33
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:34 am

Ditch the tgh tunes and go for more walk tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sivaschin
Sivaschin

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Do you have ghost raider arms?

Put one for the arm that holds the railgun.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Sivaschin wrote:
Do you have ghost raider arms?

Put one for the arm that holds the railgun.

Stat-wise they're also the best for any bot wanting to fly. Xraptor arms second best but they're air only.
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:09 am

what other alternative is there that is not ghost raider am?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:30 am

Build Arm AM

which i usually prefer to use anyway
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 am

How to get?
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 am

Generally drop.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Drops from every game mode (0~3s) and is also available as a friendship reward (2~3s). I'd be amazed if you don't have a huge pile of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?   Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Prepare for a new sniper, is this good enough ?
Page 1 of 1