Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)

Go down 
+6
Verafice
shinigami
Nihil679
Senhime
xzpwnz
Aria
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

[Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) Empty
PostSubject: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:12 am

[Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) MikuLilyRain
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:13 am

Sup miku
Back to top Go down
Senhime
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Senhime

Male Posts : 563

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 am

Obivious Miku is obvious
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 6:43 pm

What a really nice tag. Flow and lighting position are great, colors are amazing, and the text blends well overall, not being a huge sore thumb on what would be amazing. Real well done.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:04 am

Nihil679 wrote:
What a really nice tag. Flow and lighting position are great, colors are amazing, and the text blends well overall, not being a huge sore thumb on what would be amazing. Real well done.

tho thread is derailed from the start =/
Back to top Go down
Verafice
Verafice

Male Posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:06 am

This is really decent, I'm impressed. Shame the image is so tiny though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.verafice.com
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:15 am

Verafice wrote:
This is really decent, I'm impressed. Shame the image is so tiny though.

It's a tag, shouldn't be bigger than 500x200. A rule that should be applied to all signatures.
Back to top Go down
Verafice
Verafice

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:06 am

Is it really? But I don't see anyone using it as one...

Looks more like a down-scale of something produced at a decent resolution given the high level of detail in the image. Infact my first instinct was to click on it, anticipating a link to a higher rez version. I don't know of anyone who would be masochist enough to try and draw and colour to such a standard using a low resolution canvas. Even the background layers have been worked a lot.

For use as a signature the composite could use a bit of refinement.
Green bars at the side don't work (imo) Looks more like a mistake than part of the image. I'd be inclined to 1px border or something more generic. The text is getting a bit lost, especially the sub-text. I guess this isn't necessarily a bad thing, personally I'd "do something" with it though. Maybe let it become slightly larger and re-style the condensed sub-text.

To the left of the image the background layers fall away sharply and almost all-at-once. To me this looks like a mistake, like it's ending before it should; Especially when compared to the more relaxed way the layers falloff on the right side. Otherwise, Disregarding the green bars, I love the colour balance, blue/cyan/purple are delicious. Mixed feelings about the subtle 1px 45° lines with an exotic blending mode. Were they necessary?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:07 am

Verafice wrote:
Looks more like a down-scale of something produced at a decent resolution given the high level of detail in the image. Infact my first instinct was to click on it, anticipating a link to a higher rez version. I don't know of anyone who would be masochist enough to try and draw and colour to such a standard using a low resolution canvas. Even the background layers have been worked a lot.
Simple answer to Vera = brushes.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Verafice wrote:
Is it really? But I don't see anyone using it as one...

Well, understand that tags/signatures (they are essentially synonymous) are, like your "signature," something that sort of identifies you on the forums at the end of each post, like your avatar. This meaning, they aren't meant to be large, similar to how you wouldn't obnoxiously write your name across a letter you are mailing, you just add a signature at the bottom, simple and done.

Furthermore, the creation of tags are usually editing of images. Tags are commonly created in Photoshop by editing an original image (that is a render or stock), applying filters and effects on until you get the finished product, such as this before us. Such as I have in my signature. It's not all hand-drawn to include the details and such, no, that would be masochist. It's all Photoshop. Again, tags are usually never larger than 500x200.

Verafice wrote:
For use as a signature the composite could use a bit of refinement.
Green bars at the side don't work (imo) Looks more like a mistake than part of the image. I'd be inclined to 1px border or something more generic. The text is getting a bit lost, especially the sub-text. I guess this isn't necessarily a bad thing, personally I'd "do something" with it though. Maybe let it become slightly larger and re-style the condensed sub-text.

The green bars are borders, most tags have one. I love the type of border Aria uses in hers because it's less common than the "cinematic" type borders (top and bottom) or simple "photo" type borders (all around).
Text is never meant to be the focus of a picture, and I've found many people to misuse it to a point where I, myself, omit it completely. The font is quite nice as well, as it actually flows with the picture itself, something many tags neglect.

Verafice wrote:
To the left of the image the background layers fall away sharply and almost all-at-once. To me this looks like a mistake, like it's ending before it should; Especially when compared to the more relaxed way the layers falloff on the right side. Otherwise, Disregarding the green bars, I love the colour balance, blue/cyan/purple are delicious. Mixed feelings about the subtle 1px 45° lines with an exotic blending mode. Were they necessary?

Commonly, when background falls away, it's to add focus. Obviously your primary focal point is Lily/Miku. By adding the dark to the left, it adds contrast as well to the bright center/focus. If you consider the flow of the signature, it almost makes sense that there is more to the right than left. The lines added flow.
Back to top Go down
Verafice
Verafice

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 am

Uh, I'm well aware of what a signature is. Not like I'm new to the Internet.

Although I did find it completely inconceivable that anyone would post stuff made with stock imagery in a forum section labeled "Artwork." I mentally mapped artwork->original illustration/modeling/rendering. The fact people would also post signatures here didn't register (most signatures are art theft more than art...[ps: not intended to sound elitist. I made my avy with glorious art theft too.]) The topic name also strengthened my initial presumptions of what this forum section was for and about.

So you can imagine mfw you're presuming I was making a case for large signatures or some shit. In fact, couldn't you hear my head hit my desk from over there?
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:31 pm

It's rather easy to tell if it's a signature just looking at image with effect placement and borders. I consider signatures still "artwork," it's digital art. Similar to web design and rendering etc.
Back to top Go down
Aethernet
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aethernet

Male Posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:35 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Sup miku

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:51 pm

epic pawnage, this is good as for my level i can't even reach that height of refinement as a starting digital artist. well, i'm much used to traditional arts and if you're asking me why i can't create such fine details of a photo/art, simple: I'M BEING ALIENATED WITH THE BUTTONS AND FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM!

Well, if this was posted in FB, i'd rapidly tap the like button. Great work
Back to top Go down
BlackflareD
Newcomer
Newcomer
BlackflareD

Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:07 am

Ya know even though some people commented it on being miku, her hair is still colored blue instead of green
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:04 am

That's a mix of blue-green. Or a transition form blue to green. In any case, that's Miku.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)   [Fus]Lily Rain (Matured) Empty

Back to top Go down

[Fus]Lily Rain (Matured)
Page 1 of 1