Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

help with using land units

Go down 
+2
Trill
pirostyle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pirostyle
pirostyle

Male Posts : 31

help with using land units Empty
PostSubject: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:39 am

Hey, I recently got a shino exroad from the shop, just because I wanted to try something other than artillery or support units, but I'm having a lot of trouble using it

union wars: equipped with double guns, used burst fire a lot and occasionally the built in sub attack, but was always quickly killed
exploration planet: equipped a sword since most land units are known for close range weapons, but got shot a lot before I could get close enough to use it

not having much luck with this, would really appreciate some tips or advice for this, I am horrible with land units
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 pm

For their size and what they do, Shino's stock LG's are very bad.Use a small LG such as Mach Knight LG to make her much harder to hit. She can play as a melée type with the right setup, but I suggest using her as a gunner.

My setup on her at the moment is: 1x Bazooka(obtainable by buying Steel Rider from the shop and taking his Bazooka.) and one Custom Magnum, obtainable through arena drops and Arcantus if I remember correctly. You can put a Viper Sheild instead of a Custom Magnum

You should replace the arms with something like Accel Saber AM's. Walk should be your top priority when tuning. If you don't have many slots, tune with Great Run Alpha tunes. 33 I hear is a good acceptable amount.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Replace LG with Paraboroid or Mach Knight LG
Replace AMs with something smaller that has high tec (i.e. Accel Saber AM)
Weapon should be a high-end rifle/magnum or a bazooka alongside a viper shield
Short boost + quick land highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:27 pm

I don't like shino, she's so fat.

;A;

Anyway, the easiest thing to do would probably be getting Short boost + Quick land and equipping 1/2 bazookas with 0/1 shield I guess.

Also, Her legs = No. >:
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:10 pm

UncleBobbie wrote:

;A;

Anyway, the easiest thing to do would probably be getting Short boost + Quick land and equipping 1/2 bazookas with 0/1 shield I guess.

Also, Her legs = No. >:

she's rather slim,Exroad is fat,thats all. (just like thorla)

oh and sugu,mind posting the wlk breakpoints?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Nisa wrote:
UncleBobbie wrote:

;A;

Also, Her legs = No. >:

19-22-25-28-32

Unless you meant boost run, but that chart's been posted in about 40 different threads by now.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Suguri wrote:
Nisa wrote:
UncleBobbie wrote:

;A;

Also, Her legs = No. >:

19-22-25-28-32

Unless you meant boost run, but that chart's been posted in about 40 different threads by now.

multiples of 3?

or do you mean starting from 19?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:14 pm

I mean those are the breakpoints, starting from 19.

There's also one at 36, whoops.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:29 pm

Suguri wrote:
I mean those are the breakpoints, starting from 19.

There's also one at 36, whoops.

I feel like there is a breakpoint between 38 and 40 D:

tried it on my dae,my speed significantly increased.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Wlk breakpoints are weird, because they apparently change on different maps because of map curvature. The breakpoints I gave were based on testing in central.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Suguri wrote:
Wlk breakpoints are weird, because they apparently change on different maps because of map curvature. The breakpoints I gave were based on testing in central.

wut?

I was testing in wiz area and glacier night D:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Nisa wrote:
Suguri wrote:

wut?

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=1106
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Suguri wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Suguri wrote:

wut?

So,to summarize, Gravity.

purrrrfect.
Back to top Go down
pirostyle
pirostyle

Male Posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:05 pm

I know the exroad legs are big, but they have +4 walk and they have a sub attack built in, way better then anything else I have, not to mention all of exroad's parts are Rt only
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:34 pm

Nisa wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Nisa wrote:

wut?

So,to summarize, Gravity.

purrrrfect.
No, but whatever. I don't think I can explain it any better.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 pm

pirostyle wrote:
I know the exroad legs are big, but they have +4 walk and they have a sub attack built in, way better then anything else I have, not to mention all of exroad's parts are Rt only

You're better off losing Walk in trade for size. Her LG's are huge and high cost, and make her huge, only making her easier to kill. Mach Knight/Cyberoid LG's are easily gotten in 3-slot form for tuning.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:06 pm

My Shino is armed with Shino BS, Accel AM, Motorized Gun, Lancerlot AM2 (commonly referred to as "K-Shield"), and Big Mountaiz LG.
BS because +2 TEC, AM because +3 TEC, Gun becuase the DPS when skilled with, K-Shield because usefulness, LG because +3 WLK.

If you want a gunny loadout without the difficulty of the Motorized Gun, try Custom Magnum, from Arcantus drops. Large damage a shot, very versatile. I highly recommend having a shield of sorts.
If you care for WLK more than TEC, use her own LGs, try to avoid using the weapon on it, it doesn't work as a weapon. When active, should you run off a cliff or edge or whatever, they'll jump automatically. This is useful in some parts and is only there to show off. Anywho, use her LGs, attach 2 Prop BSJs (1 from early rank up, 1 from buying once reached Hexagon rank), then attach 2 BSs that give at least +2 WLK, I think Shino BS and Accel BS work.

If you ask about Carts, get Quick Swim for subtle PvP trolling in very watery maps. And not to get graphical penetrated by Pepens in Arcantus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with using land units   help with using land units Empty

Back to top Go down

help with using land units
Page 1 of 1