Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ivis - Builds

Go down 
+22
btrex2100
lucc132
Nymph~
Intet
Trill
Raven
dsp
ngelicdark
Lyala
knyx
SkyPanic
frizky
Aria
Aurum_Sol
Nilla
Nisa
FireKiller87
Turkeysaur
Divinity
Suguri
xzpwnz
DarkChuky
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Ivis - Builds - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:47 pm

The thing is, I still don't know how much damage is reduced on Ivis when All Guard does kick in.

Also, the other problem is, even if it does reduce damage, it probably doesn't reduce it significantly as if a 40 TGH bot had it.

My head hurts from the possibilities (and my cold meds). Goddarnit.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:22 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
The thing is, I still don't know how much damage is reduced on Ivis when All Guard does kick in.
All-guard literally just applies all the guard cart effects (50% blast resist, 30% melee resist, 25% beam resist, 10% shell resist). That stacks with guard carts as well if you already have those.

Very brutal against pure blast-based weaponry to have blast guard + all-guard, I remember reducing blast bazooka to 5 damage when testing it with Vyolets (no, no tgh reduction involved).
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 am

All guard stack with another guard =o
afaik misile is pure blast right!?, and amateus core Question
UC player here (do 0 offer and paid $0)
but i am trying to tune my ivis slowly and carefully, not even 50% complete xD
Spoiler:
for some reason, i ALWAYS do better with malice/jinkun/seraph or sometimes even bezlee than ivis
scratch
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:32 pm

No weapon really is made out of pure blast save for a few weapons (blast bazooka, victory 1's BD) so expect shell in your missiles as well. Ama Muchi's core should be pure blast as well though.

Ty Suguri for clearing that up Very Happy You walking cosmicbreak encyclopedia >.>

Quite possible to tune Ivis with UC only but be prepared to see at least a slot broken per 3. Or more if you're unlucky.

Here are probably your issues though:

1. You're probably not playing assassin enough. I see you have both blast and sword guard, which raises a red flag to me. Means either you take them as precautions, or use it as reason to be able to suicide more. You should only suicide if you have no other choice. Or on your last leg and see a healing group.

2. 29 WLK with no boost run. Bigger red flag here. Even if you were playing assassin, you couldn't get your butt out in time to make it alive to the next frag.

I can't tell if you have slow tunes on her yet. I assume the two reds are though. So that'll help you so long as you don't hurr durr right click and actually take time to reposition yourself after your target is slowed.

I'll make another Ivis build later I guess. All guard is nice, but..I don't play her suicide generally. Though when it kicks in, it'll definitely save me while I'm wailing on a target (no stealth cart qq).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Nymph~ wrote:

afaik misile is pure blast right!?, and amateus core Question
It depends on the type.

Bazookas tend to be 60% shell 40% blast, but a few are 70% blast 30% shell. Blast Bazooka is 100% blast.

Missiles (from what I've heard this includes nova missiles) are typically 20% shell 80% blast. AA Missiles are 100% blast with 1-damage shells if they happen to hit before detonation (blast bazooka might actually be the same way).

"Pure" explosions (cruise missiles, solar buster, C.S. Explosion, etc.) are 100% blast.

Breakers are 80% shell 20% blast.

Not sure about blast psyguns, I'm guessing they're like nova missiles.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:02 pm

thx for advice,
I have no slow yet, i put one great grap there,
but i kinda regret it, now winberl/slow debuff even more HURT, I hope I got cosmo regret to remove it
but for now I put High glad to rebalance it, if I can I want put 2xHigh glad and 1xSlow there
darn, we got no lvlup campaign TAT
No

actually, i put some of tuneup on acc / shield

standart arena, gona remove shield for 3(s)handmagnum if i can find one
Spoiler:

mostly for haku, in arena, guns+melee a bit too much for me
PS : got the rifle from cube, no slotted =.=
Spoiler:

Hurdurr rush & die mode
Spoiler:
i don't know how fast I should be,
I did some researech and findout wlk 26 vs wlk 36 is not that much difference, not even rapier range betwen gates of central
kinda hate boost run cuz many malice lurking around nowdays and ivis combo eat boost gauge and stealth system kinda expensive for mediocre function, (read:most decent user will have broad radar, yay if it possible, I'll took broad radar in EVERY bots I have)

PS : where can i get midoro
it's get frustating, doing over 60x quest in last 4 days and only get ONE
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Lol Midoro cosmos issue *cough cough* Though I doubt the one person who'd get that inside joke won't read this thread cuz he don't own an Ivis.

Your best bet is to get lots of UC, roll super UC gara, and then trade your parts to crim and get the cosmos there. If not, haku I believe dropped me quite a bit of midoros when I still farmed him.

Why do you have viper shield as your suicide build? Aside from bigger hitbox, viper and buckler both have the same HP =/

Hand magnum is a good idea, I plan to include that in my next build. Though I'm still weighing the cons and pros of having a clearance tune though.. That means I hafta regrets 2 LG slots and.......yeesh. Maybe not after all.

Oh yeah, and if you did end up rolling for Ivis, you probably have star coins you can use for the tickets. Honestly though, 2 slow is good. 1 slow doesn't proc enough for me (though when it does, it's generally during the best times o.O... ).

We had lvl up campaign btw, though a month or two ago. That was back when I kinda came back just to get more omega prots...

So.. after some tinkering and some possible self shooting:

Spoiler:

Based on maximum boost run speed (of course, based on Fia's Ouka build of retarded run speed @_@ ). Doesn't do a thing but run fast and hit things for less damage. But running faster=possible make up for the -10 to 20 dmg per swing as opposed to:

Spoiler:

Stealth system, handy magnum, and yup. Clearance. This looks to be my more feasible build (mainly because I don't have to junk her and..do all that tuning work again..). That and honestly.. I'm running her at 38/1 and it's pretty fast already. I'm just curious how it'd be running around at max speed @_@...

Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 pm

ngelicdark wrote:

I'm just curious how it'd be running around at max speed @_@...

It's fast. We're talking getting from Ground Area portal to WIZ area portal in one boost gauge fast.

If it's between that and Clearance, I would go for that. I mentioned why I'm personally against Clearance in one of my other posts. IMO, mobility>everything in this game.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:58 pm

I just remade Ivis into the latter build (because I don't really want to junk her as of yet).

I'll give this build a spin. If I don't like it, I'll go suck it up, find myself a 3s handy mag, and then start going the Fia build.

I do agree though, mobility >> everything in this game. But in CBEN, not many chose to go 40/18..so it's okay to settle for 38/1 til then @_@
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 pm

i hope i know where to get slotted acc with total +2 stat
and no!!
crimmy doesn't sell midoro No

would like to check difference betwen 36wlk vs 40/18 boost run
will remove short bost if i took boostrun cuz i won't have much boost gauge left after aprocing and comboing enemies, and the only reason for short boost is cuz i planning to left fly to 1, but with 18 fly, it might be enough to catches arts
Back to top Go down
lucc132

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:17 am

yea i was wondering too if the 40run 18fly is viable.

ivis herself already has a low dmg.
tuning 40/18 wont have many slots left for str.

can any1 try this out?

im not rich enough to try it lol
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:24 am

For whatever reason it never occurred to me to go 40/18 on Ivis.

I could junk and go for it...but I already wasted materials on slow tunes. Scratch that, I can just use regret Omegas and get my mats back, then junk. Genius. Might give it a shot when I get some more slot protectors.

Anyway, the point of Ivis (and Ouka for that matter) isn't to do Vanguard-tier damage on a suicide rush, it's to stun lock and injure most anyone you happen to pick off. You don't really need to be dealing massive damage for this reason. Ivis has the added bonus of having Cveil to prevent stun, so the 40/18 would allow you to EASILY escape assuming you keep an eye on your health bar, after you've already caused a lot of damage. Grab a heal, and repeat.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 am

what about floatdash
is it good for ivis and how it's calculated Question
i've problem chasing EVE even with 36WLK scratch
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:31 pm

Float Dash helps you clear the space quickly and (sometimes) unexpectedly. I don't know exactly how it's calculated, but apparently it functions just fine even with 1 FLY. So if you do take it, don't forego tuning WLK and try to tune FLY, because it will be just as effective with high WLK.

For Ivis, I think general rule of thumb is Float Dash+36 WLK, or Short Boost+Boost Run+High tier Boost Run speed. Even though you don't get stunned, you need a good amount of mobility to catch your targets.

I have Float Dash right now, but I'm probably going to cart reset because sometimes I use it on accident, and since it's more or less a straight dash forward, if you do it accidentally you might put yourself in a bad position.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:45 am

Nymph~ wrote:
i hope i know where to get slotted acc with total +2 stat
and no!!
crimmy doesn't sell midoro No

would like to check difference betwen 36wlk vs 40/18 boost run
will remove short bost if i took boostrun cuz i won't have much boost gauge left after aprocing and comboing enemies, and the only reason for short boost is cuz i planning to left fly to 1, but with 18 fly, it might be enough to catches arts

My bad. I thought she did. I don't know where I got my 30ish midoros right now though Embarassed probably from days of haku farming without end. I'll try again this weekend and let you know; I have an Ion ready to start hitting the upper tiers of lvling.

Slotted acc like the ones I had in my build were from the old UC garapon; now they're found on gara (the last weekly gara before ouka had a slotted acc with +1 WLK/FLY iirc..), in the challe cubes or in the acc cubes from crim. If you don't have them, just substitute for the same thing, or for something with one stat in common (preferably WLK/FLY) with a slot, and make adjustments as necessary.

Short boost is delightful for a few reasons:

1. It's 15 less cost than float dash. That's pretty huge to me. Like..really huge. But then again, 1 STR hardly matters. (Removing great power for high power). If you want float dash that much, it's worth the shot.
2. Short boost is good for catching low flying airs/hoppers. It's also fairly unexpected too sometimes; 1 whack is all you need to bring the AIR to ground >Smile
3. It's a quick way to get height (great for shooting your targets after you're practically done with them; my handy mag has netted me quite a few kills easily now).
4. This is a double edged sword: It's predictable. Unlike float dash where timing is tricky and holding space bar doesn't necessarily stop your flight, short boost is symmetrical. It's easy to predict where you'll land and if you need to cut short to just reach your target, you can. Also, the hop is much further than you think if you're using boost run with it.

If you're having problems with EVE, stop what you are doing. The EVE has you in her sights, and will stop at NOTHING to get out of your claws and shoot you with a few blasts of 90+ damage while she's at it. If they're good, they'll psygun you while at it. I play one. I know what they think.

Your best bet is to catch them unaware. Come from behind; have stealth to help or something and if you don't have that, make sure they're overextending and distracted. Once you have an EVE, it's hard for them to live from it.

If you have a handy magnum (god it's my favorite new toy now <3 ) she won't get away for sure unless you're a horrible shot. Can't tell you how many times I've lived from an Ivis rampage with just less than 10 hp. If they had guns instead of bucklers, I'd be dead for sure lmao.

Also, 3s handy mags are from arcantus right? Might have to put those drop ticks to use because I'd like to try 40/18.. Though here's my problem: a lot of maps aren't really for the assassin type (say, random arcantus, camping maps come to mind) and this wouldn't necessarily be a problem...IF Ivis wasn't the only melee I seriously played. I have VF/VA/JHam but I don't feel like using them to be honest. With more STR, she becomes a hybrid assassin and killer. Can't really do good at either, but she can work with it.

I'll drop a post later to say about my latter build though; I haven't played with Ivis enough really to get a good chance to field test it properly. Though it's looking pretty good right now.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 pm

I did hit her ONCE, but i saw 6 bots come to me so i decided to run Razz
btw, i can't go to purple tier anymore,
unless I junk mine scratch
i wanna to see how fast purple tier than 36WLK without bostrun, what is your IGN again Wink
might go for 38/10 (red tier) but i don't think I'll need shoortbost if i have >10 fly
-----
5 days and only got ONE midoro from haku 3*
rigid berze don't gimme anny
Sleep
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 9:49 am

my bad, if i necro this thread and i just read a few pages and couldn't find myself the answer as to:

why 40 wlk doesn't need boost run?

I can't get the gravity on my head not unless someone here shows me a video of it proving my beliefs on it.
Mind if someone here does?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:00 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
my bad, if i necro this thread and i just read a few pages and couldn't find myself the answer as to:

why 40 wlk doesn't need boost run?

I can't get the gravity on my head not unless someone here shows me a video of it proving my beliefs on it.
Mind if someone here does?
what!?,
we always need more speed in current metagames, even more for asassin type
but' flood of malice nowdays make boostrunner a bit risky, just a bit
for casual type, 36 wlk is sufficient, as long as u don't tried to chase high tier boostrunner/30-ish fly floatdasher
but i think peopl always want to be as fast as possible so they can strike/escape easier
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:33 pm

36 WLK is actually the breakpoint, only go for 40 if you ARE getting Boost Run.

Reason being though, if you're at 36 WLK on a LND you're plenty fast; fast enough to outrun anything that doesn't have Boost Run (Not sure of the tier) or Seraph Wing/Shaden BS. Though I'm not sure how AIR speed compares to LND speed (36 WLK vs 38 FLY).

The idea behind not taking the Boost Run if you have that high of WLK is that you'll still have superior speed without having to rely on your boost gauge.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:39 pm

^This, especially if you're a short booster/float dasher kind of bot.

Some bots also cannot expend to have boost run as part of their carts (ie. tuned hoppers), but require to have fairly fast WLK speed. Hence, if you're not going to have boost run, but have room for more WLK tunes, 40 is something to gun for.

Now that more noobs are starting to hunt for actual resources in this forum, you'll see a lot more 40/17 bots (especially with the flood of new Ouka players). Finally, the need for speed is starting to eat this game as it does in JP. Though CBEN still be fairly casual though.

Also:

Tested clearance on Ivis on a fair bit. And I have to say this much:

It doesn't help that much. I notice when it happens, but honestly, I can't rely on it. Reason? It's not so much the randomness, but so much on when it occurs. Let me put it this way:

For it to occur, you must be hit a multitude of times. Probability lends it to be that way.

For that to happen, you're putting your life in danger.

For that risk, you're cutting your bot, and its existence in the field to a very very short one.

Which is a problem. Because Ivis is not a VF/VA you need to live. Ever watch the good assassin bot players? They only die once or twice, and most of the time if the game is small enough, never. It's cool when it does happen though; when it does, I generally know it's time to gtfo.

Except by that time, I'm usually down to yellow life, though usually red. Most of the time when clearance activates, it's because an alpha air decided I was a good target. Which is not good these days because I have no buckler anymore Smile But it's all good.

Next plan with Ivis now: junk her (sniffles) and tune her to 40/18 and go from there. Might enjoy that more, seeing as I refuse to spend more money on this game (and Ouka is gone now anyway...).
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:25 am

ngelicdark wrote:

Next plan with Ivis now: junk her (sniffles) and tune her to 40/18 and go from there. Might enjoy that more, seeing as I refuse to spend more money on this game (and Ouka is gone now anyway...).

Good luck tuning like that without any RT to get Slot Protectors from Garapons/something more than 10% success rate Sad

Unless you survey whore.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:13 pm

I have some slot prots left...I don't tune many of my bots >.>
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:11 am

sorry necro, just to post my near completed build
without spend any cash or being survey whore, just UC gara whore if i should say Razz
Ivis - Builds - Page 6 IPwrK
TEC = 2 cuz to minimalize dmg penalty (-1 dmg on 2 tec and -2 on 1 tech)
and is it true that new wlk break point is 37 ?

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:14 am

...maybe I don't know Ivis as well as I thought, but shouldn't your stats be much higher with that many slots filled?

Accele Roll 2 fly Ivis wat.

EDIT: Yeah don't know what you did with your tunes, but I can get red tier boost run/40 wlk and 38 str with a x3 slow rapier in calc, level 10.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 3:47 am

Suguri wrote:
...maybe I don't know Ivis as well as I thought, but shouldn't your stats be much higher with that many slots filled?

Accele Roll 2 fly Ivis wat.

EDIT: Yeah don't know what you did with your tunes, but I can get red tier boost run/40 wlk and 38 str with a x3 slow rapier in calc, level 10.
i didn't know accle roll based on fly too =.=
yeah, 2 fly accel roll near uselees but it's fun
yesterday i fall to water and an alba landing near ready to alphaing me,
i jump > accle roll > profit xD, and it save me several time from tight spot too, (short bost + accle roll to quickly move betwen obstacle)
yeah, I did a bit mistake (hell i do mostly high tunes and just ONE +1 tgh) where i can't find where
maybe to much glad there xD

and what about new wlk break point, is it true ?

-edited-
tuned last 3 slot but broke one of my handmag slot
just able to add 3 str and 30 hp, failed to make 500hp aivisu TAT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ivis - Builds   Ivis - Builds - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ivis - Builds
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next