Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valdrec

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
valdrec
Newcomer
Newcomer
valdrec

Male Posts : 4

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Hello. I'm Valdrec.
I'm 18 years old and an Actor by trade, which I also do for fun. When not acting, I dabble in a number of art-like programs. I might not have quite the portfolio under my belt as others do, but I'm just glad to have had the experience.
Game-wise, I enjoy tactics a lot, and I can be pretty decent at some of them, but that's not to say I don't like getting my hands dirty with something more hands-on like an FPS. I've had experiences with a lot of Online games. I'm sure you could name plenty I've not yet tried, but I like to think been 'around the block'.

In Cosmic Break I enjoy playing the arena, often hitting the largest damage counter, cursing Jikuns and testing various Ballistic weaponry. I mainly play Artillery, and large ones at that, but I'm trying to broaden my skills by testing other 'bots.
I'm not sure what time I started playing, not because it's so long ago, but because I have such a poor track of time these days, being an insomniac. It's pretty much the same time as my good buddy Rhythmatic, who introduced me to the game, after searching for a new game for us to play (pro searcher).

We both play Bladine together, often commenting on Lios' - well, every one of CB's characters' - inane stupidity and hilarious Engrish. When we're not doing that, we play Arenas among other things, me blasting out ridiculous amounts of explosives (did you know you can get at least three separate bombastic weapons on a single arm?) while he skewers anything foolish enough to come close enough to my legendary behind.

We started a small, but disproportionately awesome clan together, and roped in some people we like hangin' with. It's always fun to see first and second arena places belonging to SHARKSWITHLASERSPEW. (I also drew/scaled us an icon. It's stupid how small they make you make it.. but I guess for a flag, that's decent.)

If I could give items to players, I'd probably hand newbies bazookas. It seems to be the solution to their problems nine times out of ten. I'm not the fastest at picking up new tactics, but I tend to steer towards the right direction based on things I've learnt in the past, making things that work for me, and I have the advantage of getting pointers from Rhythmatic. I like a good chat if there's humour involved, and I don't mind a debate so long as it's intelligible.
Boytitan has anger issues.

Also, I do surveys. Half of them don't work for me, but Cosmic Break sent me 300 Rt in one sitting and I'm not entirely sure what for, but you don't hear me complaining. That Rt was well-spent.

Last edited by valdrec on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 am

valdrec wrote:
Hello. I'm Valdrec.
I'm 18 years old, an Actor by trade, which I also do for fun. When not acting, I dabble in a majority of art-like programs. I might not have quite the portfolio under my belt as others do, but I'm just glad to have had the experience.
Game-wise, I enjoy tactics a lot, and I can be pretty decent at some of them, but that's not to say I don't like getting my hands dirty with something more hands-on like an FPS.
I've had experiences with a lot of Online games. I'm sure you could name plenty I've not yet tried, but I like to think been around the 'block'.
In Cosmic Break I enjoy playing the arena, often hitting the largest damage counter, cursing Jikuns and testing various Ballistic weaponry. I mainly play Artillery, and large ones at that, but I'm trying to broaden my skills by testing other 'bots.
I'm not sure what time I started playing, not because it's so long ago, but because I have such a poor track of time these days, being an Insomniac. It's pretty much the same time as my good buddy Rhythmatic, who introduced me to the game, after searching for a new game for us to play (pro searcher).
We both play Bladine together, often commenting on Lios'- well, every one of CB's characters inane stupidity and hilarious Engrish. When we're not doing that we play Arenas, among other things, me blasting out ridiculous amounts of explosives (did you know you can get at least three separate bombastic weapons on a single arm?) while he skewers anything foolish enough to come close enough to my legendary behind.
We started a small, but disproportionately awesome clan together, and roped in some people we like hangin' with. It's always fun to see first and second place clans in an arena being SHARKSWITHLASERSPEW. (I also drew/scaled us an icon. It's stupid how small they make you make it.. but I guess for a flag, that's decent.)

If I could give items to players, I'd probably hand newbies bazookas. It seems to be the solution to their problems nine times out of ten.
I'm not the fastest at picking up new tactics, but I tend to steer towards the right direction based on things I've learnt in the past, making things that work for me, and I have the advantage of getting pointers from Rhythmatic.
I like a good chat if there's humour involved, and I don't mind a debate so long as it's intelligible.
Boytitan has anger issues.

Also, I do surveys. Half of them don't work for me, but Cosmic Break sent me 300 Rt in one sitting and I'm not entirely sure what for, but you don't hear me complaining. That Rt was well-spent.

Have I mentioned that I think people from sharks are pretty cool? No? I'll start right here.

Ahue~ bazookas seem to to be the answer to everything other than cake. Cake is in a world of its own.

Lucky you, I had to pay for my 300 Rt, and the exchange rate screwed me over, since the Canadian dollar "should" be higher than the US dollar, though my leftover balance (which is $10, since I charged 2x$20 cards) is actually $8.84, I can't imagine if it's just Americans are bad at math (no offense, maybe just those employed at PayByCash), or I'm not actually spending Canadians.

See you in the arena.

Postscript: I would have liked to matched your length in terms of wall of text, but since daylight is running empty and my stores of caffeinated drinks need a resupply again I think I'll leave this like this for now.
Back to top Go down
valdrec
Newcomer
Newcomer
valdrec

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:11 am

First off, thanks for quoting my entire post before I could iron out the spelling mistakes. Embarassed

knyx wrote:

Lucky you, I had to pay for my 300 Rt, and the exchange rate screwed me over, since the Canadian dollar "should" be higher than the US dollar, though my leftover balance (which is $10, since I charged 2x$20 cards) is actually $8.84, I can't imagine if it's just Americans are bad at math (no offense, maybe just those employed at PayByCash), or I'm not actually spending Canadians.

I've paid for Rt before, but before this, most my Rt came from the survey offers and stuff. I wish there were more video offers. Those make for damn easy Rt.
Back to top Go down
Rhythmatic

Male Posts : 45

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:13 am

Valdrec DtCBy
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 am

in b4 flamewars

Welcome to the forum, some people here are not exactly the most friendly bunch but enjoy your stay anyways.

PS
If you're bringing big arts, prioritize mobility and NEVER rambo with them, it's just asking to be killed.
Back to top Go down
valdrec
Newcomer
Newcomer
valdrec

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:19 am

dsp wrote:
in b4 flamewars

Valdrec Dude-wait-what

dsp wrote:
PS
If you're bringing big arts, prioritize mobility and NEVER rambo with them, it's just asking to be killed.

It's also incredibly difficult to score anything that way. Razz
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:32 am

>It's also incredibly difficult to score anything that way.

Well, you're a big target and will be hugged by land once they see you. just shoot from a distance or behind your team. Alternatively, you can take some art core, and strap it with smaller parts. Still, unless you have a good team backing you I really don't suggest L Arts.. You could get a Saggi and snipe things from afar. If you're using a CN (I rarely see people playing him these days) it's important to get both internal upgrades, and tune up tec.

I'm not even gonna pretend to be an expert on this so just jump on to the guides section for tips and stuff
Back to top Go down
Rhythmatic

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:39 am

Don't worry dsp. I play small, fast bots like airs, and I make sure to yell at him when and if he rambos, which is really quite infrequent. The two of us almost always get top 10, and usually get top 5. We do alright, at least for now, while we're in the newbier brackets. ;P
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:43 am

You should be safe for quite a while seeing as CS added more limit ranked rooms. Once you get out of that, it's where the fun starts.

PS
I'm only a diamond ranked player too.
Back to top Go down
Rhythmatic

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 am

>Diamond rank
>Giving advice to diamond rank.

Yeah.

Trust me, we're well aware that the ramboing is a bad idea. We always make sure that Jikuns pay for their silliness. They see fat, delicious art. They get fat art with air support on the cliff right behind him. Things work out well for us.

- w -
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valdrec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valdrec   Valdrec Empty

Back to top Go down

Valdrec
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Forum Announcements :: Introductions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com